Beware Jet Fans... Saleh is taking names!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Sep 12, 2022.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t he be collecting receipts on team performance. That’s usually a good way to not have to worry about collecting them on doubters

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have zero problem with that. It was aimed at some of media and fans that keep bringing up the usual crappy historical perspective and at the first mishap expect the worst forever more. Sure, we all recognize the frustration of such a piss poor past to the fans. As for the media i couldn't give a shit less. They are in a sell mode, they are not fans. Fact remains Saleh is on year two and we bring up 2010 as the last good year over and over. Bring up the past does not help shit.
    Why the fuck shouldn't he be passionate and believe in his team. That is exactly what we should want. Not some wash rag I don't care guy.
    Yesterday was a classic example of what a few execution mistakes by the players cost us the win. Period. That was 90% on the players, most of which know better. The game plan was there. Flacco had plenty of chances for the short quick passes and he kept waiting for more. He even said that he screwed that up. Dropping cheap catches, on for a TD, fumbles, easy field goals and proper punts was not on the CS. These are professional players. Execute as such.
    We lost a game we had a very good chance of winning by a handful of critical errors, while still pretty much keeping Lamar on check. So it was a far cry from the past. We still need to fix that and fix it now. If we do, we belong in this league. But we have a lot more talent than the loss indicates. We are a better team. I'm not happy, not by a long shot, but I ain't buying the same old Jets shit.

Jojo, MoWilkBeast and bicketybam like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I agree his personality is changing, but from my view point showing anger is refreshing. He needs to take pride and face the music and show hope. What he said is we will show you in the future, these are not the same old Jets. And I like that. I don't believe they are either. The media can spin it any way they want to to sell their papers, I really don't care.
    The way I look at it the Ravens didnt kick our ass, far from it. We kicked our own ass with self inflicted player mistakes, mostly by the offensive side of the field with a back back immobile QB. .That's what our players need to fix, and the game would have a much different outcome.

The Dark Knight and bicketybam like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Amen dude. Great post Its really not that hard. Acknowledge there's a lot of work to do and go after it. People would respect him a lot more if he did that than this garbage

--

I said it in another thread but when a coach starts going after the fans that's the beginning of the end of their employment with that team. You usually dont see that in game 1 of year 2, but when you are 4-14, I suppose the collapse is tightened up a little

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get that, but the truth is the team just needs to win. It doesn't matter what Saleh says. I agree, it is better that he is angry instead of just being fine with losing and people saying the Jets are terrible, but he can change their views with wins. Talk is cheap to me. I would rather him say nothing, then beat the Browns, then say he is keeping the receipts of the doubters. That would make more sense and would pump up the fan base. Doing it after a 15 point home loss does not.

Jojo, Ralebird, JetFanInNE and 2 others like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I've never seen a person miss the mark as much as you. I won't call names so you can't report me but you don't seem to have a grasp on pretty much anything that goes on when it comes to the Jets.

Saleh isn't going after the fans with the small exception of guys like you. He is going after the media guys that constantly shit on the Jets. Saleh took over a 2 win team, but that's conveniently forgotten by fans that have just given up and have resigned themselves to criticizing every move the team makes.

MoWilkBeast and Mogriffjr like this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeha I agree with this. I’m kinda perplexed that fans hate when he talks his cliches and his positive energy…then hate when he starts to talk like he did in his presser…like what exactly do you want him to be?

last year legit was a mulligan, they played the kids mostly for experience…didn’t grab veterans unless off the waiver wire. It was a developmental year.

LAJet and bicketybam like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. The only way to heal is to win. The rest is noise

Ralebird and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be GOING AFTER anyone...he needs to STFU, and have HIS team prepared and ready ...AND WIN FRIGGIN GAMES, instead of telling everyone of this utopia hes bringing..
    Where is it.. just do your job coach, WITHOUT talk...ACTION.

Ralebird and westiedog1 like this.
  10. bicketybam

No one know the preparation and the effort put into it as well as him. If he wants to tell the people that habitually shit on the team and the coaching staff's effort, so be it. Because honestly, the fans or anyone else knows how hard they have been working. I'd be pissed too if I were him, especially after 18 game and 1 game in year 2 with an ancient backup QB.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

LA, nice take. But frankly if he was so upset why didn't he bench QB or other players that were not performing,i.e., LG, Joyner, etc. When he was hired, he stated that he would put players in position to win... last year everyone including me gave him a pass...but his teams(last year and now this 1st game) ONLY seem to play 1/2 a game, that is on him and the CS.

Finally, we do not have to bring up any history because so far he has a losing record which speaks for itself. However, the misstakes you mentioned are fundemental mistakes that good coaches fix.... lets see how the team responds.

Passion is wonderful emotion but at some point he needs to have his team prepared to win and then start winning games.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

At this point, sign me up!

PJ4Ever likes this.
  13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

i can't take the highs and lows of another rex team...wake me when it's over

14. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

While I understand the reason for coaches comments, it was beyond stupid to say it. This team hasn't won shit, we haven't even put together a quality half of football let alone an entire game.

By the time our savior returns in week 4, we will have been eliminated from the playoffs once again. What is the purpose for rolling Flacco out for the next few games? If it is playing to win due to chairs getting warmer, Flacco won't win.

So the kid returns and has nothing but pressure on his shoulders and we all have seen what happens when Zach has pressure on him. Nothing about this team makes sense. The play calling, the injuries, and some of the players getting playing time (Mann and his 20 yard punts).

Can we please draft a freaking kicker and punter? Its not rocket science, they have one freaking job and can't get it done.

Cman68, The Dark Knight and LAJet like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good points. Not sure about benching players during the first game, but im curious to see if any changes are made for game two. Left tackle has no options. I think Mims should have been active. Davis is not the receiver I expected when it matters the most. Corners play extremely well with Dee and Sauce. Joyner has been missing in action since he arrived and that worries me. We simply can not win anything in this legue without some serious points and the O dropped the ball multiple times. Literally and figuratively. Saleh needs to aim some of that anger towards the players and the coaches, that’s for sure.

Centiment likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent take on on the bold. I would expect from the CS more personnel changes on the fly when players are making crucial errors that flat ass kill drives.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Weren't you one of the people telling me how great Becton will be this year? If I am mistaken I apologize

18. bicketybam

I believe he would have been if he didn't get hurt again. But hey, Fant looked great.

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Saleh isn't wrong when he said that the Jets roster was an expansion team before Joe got there. Thing is, that expansion team managed to luck their way into 7 wins in 2019. This team won't win more than 5 games.

I get he's doing this to publicly go to bat for his guys BUT

Just. Win. Games. Winning makes EVERYTHING go AWAY.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Time to bring in the accused innocent until proven guilty rapist punt God.