What does Joe Flacco at QB give us? Apparently not a chance to win.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Sep 11, 2022.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would rather see us lose with anyone else at QB, because at least we will be trying to improve. Flacco is not going to win us anything, and White isn't any better. At this point put Chris Streveler so we can lose with at least some excitement. That offensive was horrible to watch and anyone can throw a three yard dump pass, which is all Flacco can do at this point.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I second that emotion...

cval likes this.
  3. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Use the time Zach is out to develop the back up QBs. Promote Streveler to the active roster. Designate Flacco the emergency QB. Start Mike White, put Streveler in if the team gets behind by two TDs. It can’t be a much worse chance at winning than starting Flacco behind this line. Mike White isn’t mobile but makes quicker decisions than Flacco.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Agreed. And there is a good chance if not done by choice, by week 3 the o line will be giving us mike white anyway.
    I would rather give the keys to white or streveler and see what he can do , not in one game , but a few. Flacco is done. It’s not gonna get better.

5. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Yep. Didn't look like a capable veteran starting QB today despite the O-line woes.
    THe Ravens had a great Defensive game plan and stunted and emphasized pressure up the middle which the Jets interior line and blocking scheme could not handle nor adequetely adjust for. Although I'm not sure White would've done better, at least he'd get more experience and the CS would get a fuller body of work to evaluate. Flacco looks a lot like a guy who is very happy collecting a few million dollars per year to go through the motions and pad his career accumulation stats.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

When CBS showed the field after certain plays I couldn't easily spot a receiver not glued to a defender. And that o-line, it doesn't matter who we have as QB as they would have been rushed and banged around like Joe was today.

westiedog1, Jets81, Hemi and 2 others like this.
  7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Nobody was going to do anything behind that O-Line today. If anything, they're doing White and Streveler a service by not putting them out there behind that, because, especially for White, it will be the end of their careers when they don't get anything going. Those two are better served by Flacco taking the beating for a few more weeks. The offense will be just as abysmal no matter who is under center so long as that O-Line lineup continues to go out there.

Jojo and Cman68 like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The FO/CS really f'd up the QB room again. This is right after betting the house on Becton coming back and playing which of course, blew up in their faces. We keep hearing about how much Joe contributes in the QB room. Evidently that's where he leaves it as it doesn't make it to the field on most Sundays. If the CS believe Flacco gives us the best chance of winning, they're not really planning on winning at all but instead, looking competitive which might give them one more year in their jobs. This CS has no eye for QB talent but instead, evaluate Qb's by what they've done before. Hence we wind up with SloJoe and Mike the BengalKiller. Both are capable of winning an occasional game only if the other team just falls apart. I don't think the problem is the talent on the field, but the lack of quality coaching on the sidelines. Saleh and his Staff owns all of this now. No more mulligans.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Flacco reminds me of everyone’s cousins friend that you’ve been seeing at barbecues and family parties for a decade. NO one wants to be trapped in a one on one conversation with him for longer than the standard “how’s work” bullshit. Unfortunately he lingers even though it’s not his family, but he enjoys the free burgers and Bud Light Platinums so you inevitably end up in some bullshit conversation with him about the Yankees playoff woes at about 8:45 PM every time.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This one hits a bit too close to home but I gotta throw a like on it nonetheless.

REVISion likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That sounds better than watching the Jets play football.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The o line was not good but I swear I grew a beard waiting for him to get to the top of a 5 step drop.

dmw, REVISion, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

If Bengal killer or preseason hero QB played most likely there would have been multiple picks. No question Joe's lack of mobility was a problem. Not sure MW is too mobile either.

We need Zach back sooner than later. This is what football looks like with very little preseason play. That is why it take to week 4 to see who the good and bad teams are.

Now back to firing everyone and starting our thrid and fourth string Qbs.

JohnnyJet1222, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What does Joe Flacco at QB give us?

Absolutely nothing.

But it does help the coaching staff avoid a qb controversy.
    They know Flacko won't "light it up"... so when Zach is ready to go they can pull Sleepy Joe and nobody cares.

Take a chance with Mike White or (gawd forbid) Chris Streveler... and they play well?
    Then you have a problem.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it... o_O

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Not a good one but you are welcome to it. Remember when everyone was clamoring for Bryce Petty?

The coaches are trying to win games period. They think Joe is are best chance until we get Zach back. When they don't you might see a different QB.

Ideally Zach gets back before that Pitt game.

Jets81 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Flacco is washed up.

it was a stupid idea to trade for him last year, stupid to keep him on the team this year. And straight up brain dead to have him throw it 60 times today

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bold moves are less risky than a timid strategy... imo.

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We are trying to survive until we get our starting QB back. Not a time to make risky moves. If the season was lost maybe.

I am not watching any of them in practice. I can only assume that Joe is looking better.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Fucco is the JETS organizations attempt to provide Zach a safe passage.
    If they wanted to win they would have made some sort of move but they didn't so the status quo we get, which is an old washed up QB because a QB coming in and rallying the troops would kill their plans.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know if they were afraid of RBs fumbling or what, but at some point when the Scarecrow gets dismantled for the 9th time, maybe try something different.

ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.