Mike LaFleur

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The point is that Andy Reid and Sean Payton couldn’t have spent six months to put together a game plan to win that game.

The playcalling was fine even if not great.

SOJAZ, cval and Royal Tee like this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He lead our team in receiving and you want to bust his balls for dropping one pass in the rain.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They obviously don’t have any faith in Flacco. Which means they have even less in white. This offense is going nowhere the next 2 weeks. Whether it goes anywhere with Zach remains to be seen but his mobility is desperately needed for this to work.
    also, garret Wilson is going to be a star

4. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Davis looked fine once the game was out of reach. Always love players like that

SOJAZ, Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Oline is a problem. Can’t consistently run the ball or pass protect.

Need to get the ball in Halls hands in space more, he was close to breaking off big plays.

Also the Jets need to start attacking downfield. The refs love to throw flags, why we have burners in Moore and Wilson but never test a defense deep is beyond me. Defenses don’t have much to think about when you dink and dunk all day.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It wasn't raining when he dropped that ball, that isn't an excuse. It started coming down right at halftime -- I was sitting there in the stands. I'm busting his nuts because it seems to become a common theme with him. How many balls did he drop last year that led to INTs? How man drive killers did he have? Time for that guy to take a seat on the bench where he belongs.

94Abraham, cval and cmcm750203 like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have seen a few jet sweeps to slow the pass rush. But, I think we all knew there would be an acclimatization period and lot of hiccups today.

With 13 new starters, an incredibly young team and the injuries to the OL there would be growing pains. It will take time for the OL to gel, the young players to adapt to the speed of the game and MLF and the CS time to evaluate and adjust the offense to what is working and what is not. Last year we saw it take the OL 4 to 5 games to not be awful and the same amount of time for Moore and Carter to adjust. This year is about developing players and learning to play competitively. The score might not have been competitive but this was a lot better team than the team we saw last year. The Jets that did not take advantage of scoring opportunities with missed kicks, fumbles in the red zone and dropped TDs. While the total yards were padded a bit in garbage time the Jet defense played really well and they will play even better when the offense improves. Overall the defense and the team played much better than I think anyone should have expected. Unlike last year they belonged on the field with the Ravens.

MoWilkBeast, cval and bicketybam like this.
  8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

not more than Flacco lol.

9. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I thought the o-line was ok. It’s hard to open holes when you tip your run plays by lining up under center every time you run and it’s hard to pass block when your qb doesn’t even attempt to drop back.

Royal Tee likes this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

Dude, the ball was thrown behind him at the cut. that’s a tough ball to catch with him cutting across inside. play WR for a bit.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

But he does, he was out played by our practice squad player in preseason and you want to start him?

12. dawinner127

he's a professional who is paid to catch the ball. catch the fucking ball. he got both hands on it. stop making excuses for the guy.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Good NFL receivers catch that ball. Trash NFL receivers drop it.

It’s that simple.

cval likes this.
  14. James Hasty

In game one last year Davis was a security blanket for Zach.

If the Patriots strategy to destroy us meant double and triple teaming Davis he might just be a good player.

The young guys might become better but they are smaller and less experienced do benching Davis might not be the best idea right now.

15. BrooklynJetsFan

Good QBs put that ball on the inside shoulder, bad QBs suck it.

That was a terrible pass - fastball to the outside shoulder on an in route. get over - it didn’t change the game lol. You JD lovers who let this stupid coaching staff start Flacco lost you the game lol.

James Hasty likes this.
  16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

But that's the maddening thing.
    We keep getting these mediocre receivers where a pass slightly behind is an excuse...
    Meanwhile avg receivers and the great ones snatch that shit up.
    We always seem to get the ones w/ excuses instead of the ones who make the difficult plays look avg.

Davis is obviously not a #1... and he is basically just another avg. generic basic skilled receiver. We're done with potential. Either make plays or get tf off the field

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It was raining the entire first half. I was there.

18. James Hasty

Corey Davis is not why we lost today.

19. dawinner127

What are you even saying? Yes, me, dawinner127 held a gun to JD's head and made them start Flacco. Holy shit lmfao

20. dawinner127

Obviously not. But the fact that he is taking snaps and receptions from Elijah and Wilson is a problem. That was my the premise of my initial post.