2022 - Week 1: New York Jets vs Baltimore Ravens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 28, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

35.0%
  2. Ravens

65.0%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Ravens had five Pro Bowlers (Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Patrick Ricard, Justin Tucker, and Devin Duvernay) last year, all of which are still on the team. They also have 5 other guys who have been Pro Bowlers before (Ronnie Stanley, Calais Campbell, Justin Houston, Marcus Peters, and Marlon Humphrey). The talent level isn't close to equal.

Brook! likes this.
  2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

You should take the time to write X factor and tell them you disagree as that is who made the comment. Let me know their reply.

#82 Noam, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a huge game for the Jets. It looks like the media is giving them no respect and somehow still think they are the 2020/21 Jets. The fans don't though. The fans are starting to believe. To get blown out or look terrible against the Ravens could ruin all the good will they have built this off-season with fans.

The QB decision is simple: If Zach is good to go tomorrow at practice, he should start. His injury was labeled (2-4 weeks) when it happened. He could be healthy and if so, he should play. If not, roll with Flacco.

I don't think QB will actually make a big difference Week 1. I'd rather have Zach, but Flacco can get the job done too.

Either way, the Jets need to compete and hopefully win this Sunday.

Noam likes this.
  4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I don't think this will be a blowout or anything. With the Jets improved pass catchers and offensive line, I see Flacco being able to throw some points on the board.

I don't think the defense will be able to do much of anything. They won't be able to slow down Lamar Jackson, and Mark Andrews is going to convert so many third downs.

Jets79 likes this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

thats my take…my main concerns are on D where we have NO answer for Lamar…all those “if” statements I think will not come to pass … “if we can keep Lamar in the pocket” uh yah I doubt we can … “if we can flood and cover Andrews” uh yah I see no way our LBs can cover him, and if we bring safeties down how many times have we seen Lamar start to run, safeties step up and he lobs one over their heads for a receiver running free? We’ve seen that time and time again.

I think there’s a lot to say also for that consistency and stability commentary with that team too.

finally, regardless of any logical reason for this to be true, for whatever reason that team, much like Pittsburgh and the Patriots, just own us. Even when on paper the rosters don’t look worlds apart, those teams just always beat us. Coaching I’m sure is a big part of it…

anyway, I’m hoping we’re competitive…I doubt we win

Cman68 and Noam like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

lates in Vegas was 7 points

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks I see them now. :)

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OK, call me crazy, but I think if Wilson plays it will be a closer outcome. He is more unpredictable and mobil and they will have to respect his freelancing at least. With Flacco the game will be very very predictable, their coaching staff will be completely dialed in into out game plan, more runs on first down, short passes on second, nothing fancy, no crazy stuff. It will be hell coming back from behind. The key is our Defense in either case, blitz the shit out of Lamar and you have a shot, play our standard D and he will eat us 9 yards at the time till he brakes one free. Plus I fear with all the defensive substitutions we are bound to screw up with 12 men on the field and wasting time outs to regroup.
    I expect our defense to be aggressive as hell but hopefully avoid stupid penalties. If Williams or anyone else commits stupid ass penalties as in pre season I'll freak out. I dont trust my DC to adjust his game plan. That is my biggest fear.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Zach's mobility always seems to backfire on him at some untimely moment. SloJoe couldn't possibly be more predictable as LeFleur will probably keep it conservative and run into the pile, then a short pass praying for YAC's. Zach is kinda brittle and honestly, while I know his mobility is part of his game, he scares the shit out of me whenever he tried to go for the extra yard instead of sliding.

LAJet likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I fear this to be all too true... like a car crash in slow motion.

Flacko is 0-5 as a starter... a win will be a small miracle.

11. Cman68

I think SloJoe is 2-13 over his last 15 starts..

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The correct move. So we'll lose but now we'll have the added drama of Flacco losing to his old team.

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

To me this game is all about Lamar, there is a lot of tape on how teams slowed him last year and made him look avg. If the Jets can do that they have a shot and should at least make it competitive. Andrews will get his but their WR group isn't that great and if Dobbins isn't starting neither is their RB group. The Jets D needs to show up, if they do this is a very tight game imho.

Noam likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I have little faith in the ability of the defensive coaches to come up with an effective game plan.

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think the Jets can win, but the Ravens definitely have the edge. Flacco needs to rise up against his former team. The Jets D really needs to play well too.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ravens -7 confirmed

Brook! likes this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The defense needs to put a clinic to win, don't see it happening.

Curious if Lamar throws Sauce's way

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Losmeister likes this.
  20. Cman68

Yeah. Ulbrich doesn't have to worry about a bust in Canton, OH.