The Official Cutdown Day Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Nope he signed somewhere else can’t remember who

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Giants practice squad which is baffling.

3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Fixed that quote for you.

4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

he already signed with Giants PS just like Pinnock don’t like this at all. No reason to let him go and now giants have both

5. wewantsapp

So Jason Pinnock lost to the NYG active roster with the FO/CS thinking he'd pass through waivers & come back to our practice squad.
    I could pull about 3-4 posts I made about Pinnock. I'm furious beyond mad. EVERYONE here on TGG wanted to keep him over Ashtyn Davis.

With both guys in NY, --- it'll be very easy to keep track of this roster decision during the season. I had Pinnock in our longer term plans. $hit --- I'll bet Ashtyn Davis would have passed through waivers if we left him out there.

And Tony Jefferson? The guy our FO/CS had their eyes on? He goes to the NYG f--king practice squad? How did we f--k this up?

BacktoQueens, Nyjets4eva and LAJet like this.
  6. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

We can still get Tony Jefferson if we take him off the NYG practice squad and put him on the active roster. Pinnock was claimed so he has to be on the 53.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Can they teach him to not be afraid to tackle someone?

I bet Johnny Lawrence could...... "quit being a pussy"

cval likes this.
  8. wewantsapp

Did the FO/CS think beyond this season? Lamarcus Joyner couldnt make it out of week 1 last year without getting hurt. And he's got a 1 yr extension just covering this season 2022.
    A. Davis heading into his 3rd year, -- 2023 is his last contract year. Hasn't shown $hit in the 2 yrs he's been here.
    If we kept Pinnock, - I really believe we'd have the safety position covered to the end of the 2023 season. Now we have to consider it w/the 2023 draft positions.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Damned. Don’t get that at all.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, of course you're limiting your effectiveness. Isn't that what caused a minor ruckus when Ulrich first made the claim. Isn't that why Saleh seemed to feel the need to "clarify" the situation?

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

While I would have taken Pinnock over Ashton Davis, the difference between the two is not massive, and Davis is more athletic and better special teams player. I just think we need to upgrade safety position next year with better players than this. This year JD prioritized premium positions to invest resources in, and we got very lucky with a guy like Alexander accepting 1 mil dollar offer. At safety, we just replaced Maye with younger and cheaper Whitehead, but didn't really do much else. Basically safety is similar to last year.

Ashton Davis, Pinnock, Parks are not long term answers either. You could argue one is a little better than the other, but either way we need to invest more into that position next year to at least get another high quality starter.

For this year I think the plan is if Joyner is hurt again, we activate Parks, and who knows he may even play eventually over Davis, but Davis can still make special teams better.

#332 Borat, Aug 31, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    azhar80 likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That doesnt make any sense. Davis doesnt play on specials. He has seen very few snaps on special teams last year and the year before

The staff preferred getting rid of him and that was Saleh's way of saying Fuck you to the man upstairs who told him Davis stays

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Oh enough of the Davis nonsense. He’s mediocre, Pinnock is mediocre, never saw yapping about nothing. All of a sudden Davis becomes underrated because he’s getting over the top criticized.

Ralebird, FJF and hornblower like this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think the thought process behind dropping these safeties was that they are not that good in general and play non premium position. Therefore someone of that same caliber will end up on PS (and Parks did). So, whenever there is an injury, they will just bring up the next mediocre guy from PS. I suspect Ashton is valued over Pinnock is because of his athleticism, and therefore they may they think with some experience he will reduce number of boneheaded plays and his athleticism may give him a better chance to be longer term back-up than Pinnock. Either way, it's hard to argue with the logic not to have a mediocre player at safety eat up 53 men spot and just bring similar player off PS if someone gets injured, while using the spot saved for a better player in another position.

hornblower and Nyjets4eva like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has shown he can make an INT and force fumbles, team leader in both these last year.

He may well be shit but he has shown something.

Ralebird, azhar80 and hornblower like this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Borat likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ashtyn Davis is fast.

When you have general talent issues at a position keeping the guy who has an ability that stands out is generally the right answer. I'm not a big fan but I understand why he beat some other guys out.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ashtyn Davis IS fast.

He's the first guy there after the tackle is made...

REVISion, Jets79, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I used to be a big fan of Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye, but then posters here convinced me safeties don't really matter.

I guess safeties matter again! :p

cval likes this.