Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Steel Cage Match: Zach Wilson vs Sidney Crosby ?

Ralebird and abyzmul like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wonder if both of them wears foundation. You know they do that now? What the fuck?

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

What laughable is you writing NHL quarterback! Lol!

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hah! Fixed it. Thanks.

5. Ralebird

What took you so long, Bam Bam? That's been there almost two hours. You're slowing down already at your age.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I saw it immediately... but wasn't feeling it today... :confused:

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The guy is in the second year, and is starting in NFL. But any reasonable measure "unsuccessful" is not the right word to describe him. Unproven, yes, but it's too early to declare him unsuccessful.

Zach did get injured, and it didn't look good, that's a fact. By any measure, this was not a good situation whether you thought it was a season ending or not. You denied it, but I pulled up a quote of quite poor taste on your part, which turned out very much real. You are very far removed from being a voice of reason here. On one hand you say you take wait and see attitude, but by the same token you already wrote off Zach as unsuccessful QB before a single regular season game is played in the second season. You ignored a solid training camp, but put a lot of stock in 5 snaps in preseason. Again, no regular season game has even been played.

Your comments about rose colored glasses make no sense either. Look at the poll about expectations for this season. Nearly all of the people who had some positive comments are thinking we are winning no more than 7 games this season, which is in line with the average over last 11 years of misery. That I would say is a pretty even keel. You are not fully applying the logic to the analysis, it is heavily influenced by your predetermined views, which unfortunately you are not able to evolve based on the evidence presented.

KY Jets Fan, Noam, cval and 1 other person like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If this poll had run before the first preseason game, I think the results would have been very different.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Franchise QB who can't consistently hit 10 yard slants and outs. He did the same shit last year and I said we were f*cked with this kid then. GTFOH. Another BUST.

Joe knows...shitty QBs. This could possibly be the lowest point of the franchise since I started watching 40 years ago. I have zero hope that the Jets will be in playoff contention at all in the next 5, hell more like next 10 years.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I thought seven wins was the overall consensus.

I could be wrong...

11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, the team is much more talented, and with even a mediocre game manager this team could make the playoffs in another year in this system.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. JetsNation06

Do you know how many times many members of this delusional fanbase from this message board have said that? Almost every season (minus a few epically awful squads) like clockwork.

Also I disagree with your statement. Have you looked at the rest of the division for starters? All young teams with at least as much talent and more proven rosters than the Jets. Have you looked at the AFC West? Loaded! The Jets are in a really tough spot, as usual.

I feel bad for the real good young talent on this roster.

HomeoftheJets and jets_fan like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Eh, we hadn't drafted a WR in the first round in 20 years before this draft, and WR is probably the most important position in the game other than QB. We have been an unfathomably dumb organization for most of the last 10-20 years. Mac not only drafted bust after bust but he consistently drafted the least important positions in the game, so they wouldn't have been that helpful even if they hadn't been busts.

We didn't get the memo from the greatest show on turf 20 years ago that the NFL is a passing league. We spent the two decades since then trying to build a team that wins with a running game and defense, which basically no team wins with this century.

For the first time maybe ever in my fandom we've done mostly the right things during the offseason for two years in a row. We've finally prioritized offense, specifically playmakers. Does that mean Super Bowl? Of course not, but there's no question we have a significantly more talented roster than we did a couple years ago.

Ultimately, it will all come down to the QB, as it does with every team. If he's good we'll be good, if he isn't we won't. There's zero doubt we've surrounded him with enough talent on offense though. I could see a vet QB coming in and having a lot of success with our offense.

KY Jets Fan, Jets79 and Borat like this.
  14. JetsNation06

We are no closer to the playoffs this year than we were last year, book it. Your unbridled optimism is cute but it's not based in reality. Our coaching staff is severely unproven, was underwhelming last year and the QB is a major question mark. Accuracy is the most important trait to be a long -term starting QB in the NFL. He is not.

What makes you think the offensive coaching staff will get the ball in these young guys hands enough? They sure as hell called some awful games last year. You're making a lot of big asumptions about our personnel, coaches and players. This team will finish in last place again.

15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Me? Unbridled optimism? You must be new here.

Though I do agree with you, I'm generally bearish on Saleh and Wilson's chances of working out.

KingRoach likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. I didn't. The point is that people are paying attention and 74% at the time of this writing think we are 5-7 win team, including myself and others who posted some positive comments. This is not some rose colored view by any stretch of imagination, as was alleged, but a reasonable take, even if some disagree.

It looks like any positive comment about anything is labeled "Unbridled optimism". Come on now.

REVISion likes this.
  17. Ralebird

My vocabulary is good enough to know that the opposite of "successful" is "unsuccessful:'' you're not for a minute trying to tell us that Wilson has been successful as an NFL quarterback, are you? I have written nothing off and my comments are based on everything to date, rather than future fantasies. You may be looking at what was good enough for you to label some practice as solid, I'm looking at everything Wilson has done since he first put on a Jets helmet. Five passes? Hah! They hardly matter at all - it's practice!

Your opinion of "poor taste" is yours to own; my opinion of your failure to comprehend what I wrote is mine. I don't know if you really couldn't understand what I wrote was directed at the posters getting apoplectic at their own projections of the injury or you're trying to make a point without even having a pencil.

Regardless of the irrational exuberance of some here the real evidence presented to date has been awful. As someone mentioned above, if the W-L poll was taken a week ago I believe the responses would have been quite different based on the daily comments beforehand.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

By that definition any rookie who is drafted even this year in "unsuccessful NFL QB", since they are in NFL, but didn't have what you define as success there? Maybe you need to work on your vocabulary and consider tenure in your definition of success.

So, you didn't think the injury looked/could have been bad, and that's why you decided to gloat at these who were worried it was bad? Or you thought it may or may not be very bad, and then gloated at the who were worried it was? What you are saying makes very little sense.

Can you show examples of irrational exuberance regarding Zach as I am not even sure what you are arguing any longer, as you seem to have lost your train of thought? You also for some reason keep mentioning me saying as preseason games don't matter, when I actually look at all evidence, including stacking good practice days, while keeping perspective Zach's tenure in the League, which is very short. Again, can you produce some "rose colored" quotes, which you are trying to argue here?

#258 Borat, Aug 15, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    KingRoach likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Now you're getting a bit ridiculous, rookies haven't had a chance to show what they are and the definition of success is in every dictionary. Wilson is not a rookie and had last year to show he could be successful - he did not. No one can deny that. It looks like he'll get a chance again this season; his performance record will determine if he becomes successful, nothing else. Introducing "tenure" now as a qualification for success is simply excuse making; he has been unsuccessful during his tenure - is that better?

I watched the game, saw Wilson make a bonehead decision not to go out of bounds and saw him go down. I saw him hobble a bit and walk off the field. That is certainly not enough for anyone to make a decision on the scope of the injury, not even the great Doctor Chao who was very shortly quoted by someone here as diagnosing a season ending ACL tear. It only took one minute for someone on the game thread to opine he was gone for the season and another minute to claim the Jets were cursed. Within twenty minutes a few with the rosy glasses were already saying how good Wilson looked before he got hurt as if the interception didn't exist and the completions were anything but routine.

Have you really not seen posts here since last season ended telling everyone how good Wilson looked at the end of last season? Rose colored glasses are necessary for that kind of analysis and it has continued until now with imaginative people telling us how "solid" he has looked in training camp. But that's from someone who claims he was "stacking good practice days" without a hint of the lousy practice days he's had - that's poor perspective. My eyes tell me he's the same guy he was a year ago and my eyes work just fine. Have you seen the slightest indication that Wilson sees the field and reads a defense any better now than a year ago?

I wasn't the one who said he was considering giving up as a Jets fan less than an hour after Wilson hurt himself, that was a guy with rose colored glasses who is used to telling us how good the team is. That has never been in my playbook since the Jets were the Titans.

#259 Ralebird, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lots of talk about forecasting Zach future with much opinion but little substance. Fact is, at this point we are guessing, we can either hope he develops into our savior franchise QB, or we can express doubt he will ever grow into the position, but that’s just mostly based on personal opinion and way too early to know. This is a rookie that as a 22 year old played one shorten season. That is it. This season has not even started yet., fuck five plays in preseasons first game.
    Quite frankly, anyone that proclaims to know already that Zach is either a future franchise QB or a bust is wishful thinking at best.
    Zach needs to get healthy and prove it on the field of play for at least one more season, period end of story. And he desperately needs this year to do so. The rest is noise.

#260 LAJet, Aug 16, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    JETFUEL1580, KY Jets Fan and Acad23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.