Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Guess what ?? He should be benched !!!!

Better idea>> get tough on him like Bellichek or Parcells would be ...take a seat kid until you learn not to make dumb mistakes!!!

Coddle him and this will continue imo

mezzavo, IDFjet and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He threw 5 passes. Nothing can be taken from that.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about. He threw 3 passes in his first preseason game. If he has been making those mistakes throughout camp maybe you have a point but now you just sound Ignorant.

4. NYJetsO12

"Just a little more to go?" Really ? My mind and pain might be relieved if the Jimmy G deal comes through...he's talented , way better than Flacco , White ; and has a Season or 2 left in the tank

I am sick of losing and having my Sunday's ruined

At least I have family members who support the Eagles and LV Raiders

Can tuned that in and the incredulous NY Jets out

5. NYJetsO12

No I am angry ...nothing goes right with your prize QB straight off the bat ...well how am I supposed to feel?

What he does in TC means sh@t to me

To reiterate ..can this Team win a Gamein reg season and keep doing it???...I don't give a horses ass who ultimately QBs tbh ...just lemme see some Ws

Not to much to ask

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That have not played yet this season.

hornblower and Noam like this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is a shame Zach got hurt as he started to settle in. Even if he played lights out the rest of the drive it would have been nice but not meant much. Zach will be judged onhow he plays in the regular season full stop.

I am not sure what people saw in 5 plays to change their mind either way. The answer is nothing they just had their mind up and were waiting for any moment to go off.

Sad really.

#107 cval, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Noam, KingRoach, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Jimmy G deal won't come. I have explained why. Jimmy is not the answer. 49ers gave up three 1st round picks, including #12 overall to move away from him. And we have the guy they wanted. Give it a chance. Don't worry about this preseason game. He will be back in a few weeks. I am expecting an exciting season.

Noam likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You should just be happy when you don't shit your Depends.

Borat and cval like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am truly happy Zach Wilson did not tear his ACL last night. All those reports from the Dr. Chao guy and Douzable are embarrassing and reputation altering, but I am happy they were wrong. At least they seemed to apologize, but it was pathetic.

As for the 2-4 weeks report, I don't get why you would say that before his surgery. After that is done, you should be able to map out the timetable for his return. Hope it goes well and he makes a speedy recovery, but he should not see the field until he is 100% and in football shape. Whether that is Week 1, or Week 8, better safe than sorry.

This was a huge bullet dodged though. I wasn't going to give up on the season if Zach was out for the year, but my interest would have went down a lot. Now we know he will likely return at some point, which is all we could have asked for.

Final thought: Slide next time. Run out of bounds. Just throw the ball away. Anything else. ;)

Jets79, LAJet, Noam and 7 others like this.
  11. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Hopefully this teaches him stop playing hero ball and realize it's ok to lose a down or two because the play wasn't there. I think Zach has all the skills in the world, but he's not ready to play NFL QB yet. If you looked at him objectively last year it shows a QB who could have sat for a year or two – and understood how to play in the confines of the offense. I'm sure he's made great strides in Year 2 of camp – but I honestly believe Year 3 is when you can truly evaluate Wilson's true ceiling.

12. ROCCO

ROCCO Active Member

I love the kid, I really do, but patience is wearing thin. If he's back in 2-4 weeks I'll gladly eat my crow over easy. With that injury on top of the bone bruise I feel if he's back week 7-8 he'll be fortunate.

If that's the case it brings up an interesting scenario potentially.

Be it Flacco (one is led to believe he's located the fountain of youth in training camp according to reports) or White, or even the CFL guy, or Garoppolo, what if the Jets are say, 4-3, over their first 7 games and the offense has improved markedly from a season ago? What then? Does Wilson automatically get his job back?

Beyond the Wilson story there were a lot of things that were positive in that game in Philadelphia.

Even if Wilson misses 2 games, 5 games, or the entire season, this team cannot allow him not being out there to be something that torpedoes the entire season.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There seems to be a consistency problem here. The point remains that some here who will write off the lousy game completely for Wilson would be the last to do so if he had a successful 2022 debut.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If Zach plays respectably this season, then we can hope he becomes a top QB in year 3. But if he sucks again, well the best QB in the 21st century who sucked for two years was Alex Smith. So if the best case scenario is Alex Smith and all the other cases are busts, then we should move on.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This is the Way...

16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

The INT is pretty much what everyone is going off of.

17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Some of y’all is crazy lol like legit crazy

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

5 passes, 1 pathetic interception and then an injury.

If I asked you before the game to come up with the worst possible preseason performance for Zach Wilson, you’d came up with that

NYJetsO12 and BacktoQueens like this.
  19. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Lets trade him and wait for Arch Manning

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I read through all six pages and this was my feeling as well. Is it me or does this kid "feel" like he hasn't quite left high school yet? He simply doesn't come off as mature... Maybe it's my lack of proximity, being out here in California, I don't get the saturation the East Coast gets.

One final note. For those saying JimmyG wouldn't have been a good "get." Clearly you do not know the Jets history. This organization does FANTASTIC with other teams castoff's. Also, as a decades long Jets fan, I'd take ANY QB that has a 33-14 record with 2 NFC title games and a super bowl in 5 years. Maybe you're letting your hatred of New England get in the way? Not saying I'd throw Zach away but I'd take J.G. over Flacco any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.