Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zach did not sit nor did Mac Jones ...of course much different results

Jones had a better OL? A better Coach in Bellichek ?

The point is Jones would possibly have a better year on the Jets than Wilson did with all things being equal

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Baby steps, my friend. Even 2nd overall pick doesn't have to be great at 23 years of age in his second season. I am hoping for a trajectory like this: Rookie one of the worst. Second year middle of the pack. Third year at 24 hopefully top notch, franchise. This is not a low bar by any stretch. Somewhat similar to Josh Allen trajectory.

Noam likes this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You have become insufferable the past 5 years.

4. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

Today's news was shockingly good. Since when do the Jets get lucky?

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that is exactly right. If they throw up their hands now the entire franchise looks like a complete joke. Worse than the league already perceives. The vibes have been trending upward after this offseason and the good draft they seemed to have had. JD knows this. He also knows his job is in the line. The previous regime ruined Darnold - although it’s now evident Darnold isn’t going to pan out as a worthy #3 pick.l as he simply doesn’t have the overall goods to do so. It my opinion it really takes about 3 full seasons to fully and adequately judge a QB especially when you factor in other issues such as his school, his coaching, and the overall talent of the offense.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's also been right...

7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

btw, do/ we know if is medial or lateral meniscus

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The point is the feeling on Zach or the Jets should not have changed because of Yesterday's game.

It was the first preswason game and first practice against other beside ourselves.

The o-line we will be solidified when we get Duane . The team still has a way to go but judge on the first preseason game is silly.

PabloJa, KingRoach, mrjet80 and 4 others like this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Agreed. Some Yahoo was saying Wilson needed to be replaced because there was no improvement from year 1. 6 plays into into year 2.

The only red flags for me was the team play that had become synonymous with the jets. Which is no running lanes and that opposing QBs didn't have windows to pass through, they had open double doors. So easy to carve up.

The Oline should get better with time, same with the secondary. But the secondary is more concerning as it was exactly what we saw all last year with much better talent.

I only watched the first quarter

cval, Noam and FJF like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I have the idea you would not be cautioning so much if Wilson was 14/20 for 150 yards, 2 TDs and no interceptions. But you're right, it was just the first preseason game. It still would have been nice to see improvement.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If they play Flacco the season will be over before Wilson even comes back. Cannot go winless in September again

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The Jets should absolutely sit Zach until he is 100% healthy.

Winning one game this year when playoffs are unlikely is not worth the risk of starting him before he is healthy and has had at least a full week of practice.

LAJet, Lon Chaney and CotcheryFan like this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Rooting for the second year qb to get injured is right? Gtfoh

bicketybam likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No that's going too far. But for the last few years, he's said Player/Coach/GM sucks, gets personally attacked for it, and turns out to be right every time.

REVISion and ouchy like this.
  15. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

This is great news, but I'm still a little concerned he injured the same knee two years in a row so early in his career.

cval, REVISion and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Not everyone needs to sit. Devolvemental guys like Wilson and Lance don't need to be thrown in there.
    With that said you touch something I believe if a player is going to be good/great they'll be good/great regardless of who's around them. They'll flash and you know you have to just get a team around them. ZW has not flashed much.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am waiting and waiting and waiting ...for that , as you said Jedi , flash of greatness

Does he not have a ton of talent around him now??

Did not our GM hand him a stable of great running back(s) receivers linemen etc this last off season and draft???

As we all agreed a month or two ago ...NO EXCUSES for BYU boy

Jaw dropping comments from some Posters here that we the loyal fan base have to WAIT 3 seasons to "adequately judge a new QB"?????

Oh pleeez:/

#97 NYJetsO12, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I mean the jury is still out on how talented any of these additions are but yes they have improved the roster.
    Take any of the good QBs they'd still look good on this team. If ZW can't show something I'm afraid it's likely that there's nothing there

Jets79 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Be just a bit more patient, loyal fan - we will know in only a few months. This is year two: major improvement is coming this year if he is the guy. Or are you going to judge him on 1 INT he threw in pre-season, when he had 5 passes in the whole game? No. Just a little more to go. We will have our answer this year.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Of course you are concerned. We all are. But we have avoided something 100 times worse. Without Zach playing all year, our rebuild basically is halted in a major way. At least for one season, maybe more. We probably win enough games not to get Young or Stroud. Then what? We still don't know who the FQB is and can't draft top of the class. At least there is hope now.

REVISion and Jedi mind tricks like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.