Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I am happy Zach's injury is not more serious. And I agree that when healthy he should be given every opportunity in 2022 and probably 2023, since the jets spent the #2 overall on him. But if he can't locate the linebackers any better than he did on that early INT last night, he likely will not get a second contract with the jets...or even be on the jets in 2024. Maybe practicing every day against the jets below par LB group lulled him into thinking that an NFL LB can't jump the slant route.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

LOL. Your nightmare was worse than you realize - Testaverde will be 59 in November.

kevda5n9ne and ouchy like this.
  3. mrjet80

Exactly. Well said ….it’s too early to judge Zach. But if he does not show marked improvement by the end of 2023 it’s safe to say the Jets will be looking to move on.

Jets79, tomdeb and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

You don't believe he'll feel the heat if Zach is historically bad or inept? I was being a bit hyperbolic with the Browning Nagle comment, but if he stinks up the place this upcoming season JD will have to bring in someone who will compete with Zach moving forward. He won't be handed the gig anymore.

As most should know I think the world of the kid so I'm hoping this will never be the case. Love the arm and talent but he's gotta show the goods soon rather than the next couple seasons.

tomdeb likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wilson is dumb as Rocks if he can't learn from his mistakes ...not sliding ..and throwing into coverage ..Yes the GM was taken more by his personality than skill...had me fooled too

If he is this brainless and continues to make same mistakes I am done with him

Who has the patience to wait when teams like the 49 ers have Lance out there making plays ????? Uber frustrating

Another bad choice from our GM and he has to get Garropolo to at least keep us in games till we dial up another QB draftee

SOJAZ and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

Ridiculous .."marked improvement" really??...the end of 2023 can't come soon enough

We all judge and can judge him now more harshly that he has a year under his belt..sorry it might be Darnold 2.0

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Wilson and Lance are very similar. There are both low first round prospects that were drafted way higher than they should have been. And they both should have sat most of their rookie year. One team at least did the second part correctly.

8. NYJetsO12

Tom I liked your Post

But I don't like the Gut feeling I have this Season ...this is hardly a Joe Burroughs learning curve we have with Zach

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

not if you have Max Mitchell or Chuma Edoga blocking for you.

10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

While I don't completely agree with your entire post. I do agree with learning from his mistakes, and I did watch Lance play yesterday, and he looked pretty good so yeah the frustrating aspect I get. Gotta wait and see.

11. NYJetsO12

In hindsight I am taking Lance in a heartbeat

Just was totally fooled by ZW

Will he prove me wrong???

No fing idea tbh

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You got all this from the three passes he threw in the game yesterday? Man, you are good or you are something else.

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I said from the start ZW needed to sit part of or all the first year. I always thought he'd struggle with turnovers to start out. Now I did think those turnovers would come on long passes because he was trying to push the ball and be a gunslinger. We haven't even gotten that version of bad ZW. Staring down receivers 7 yards down the field and getting picked by a LBer is like high school stuff.

Seriously why did we even get ZW if this is what we're gonna do? Darnold is not good but if you want to run the ball and dink and dunk your way to a first down or two before punting we could've just kept Sam

Acad23, BrooklynJetsFan and SOJAZ like this.
  14. mrjet80

Yeah really. There is no way the Jets move on from Zach before then unless he completely implodes. A move like that would define ridiculous. The #2 pick in the draft who has played 12 games behind a leaky OL? That’s not long enough to judge a kid who came from a small program to begin with.

That’s not to say he’s going to turn out to be a franchise QB. He very well may turn into Darnold 2.0. Maybe the Jets ruin him too. But the book isn’t closed not yet anyway.

FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. NYJetsO12

Let's compare him with where Jones is at for once

Sorry 3 passes and 30 excuses later where are we????

Is he regressing or progressing ?

Show me the evidence man

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Last week you were ok ? Three passes later he sucks.Give me a break.

bicketybam and FJF like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

Hah ..we made that #2 investment so now we are stuck with him

If he showed a wow moment on Friday wouldn't feel this way..otoh if he beats Baltimore game 1 he's my hero

Now back into old timer jaded same old jets mold ..sorry

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Joe turned 25 last year. Zach just turned 23. I don't expect Joe Burrow type leap, but I do expect Josh Allen 2nd year type of leap this season. That is still realistic in spite of the pick he threw. He threw a pick in scrimmage and then finished strong and had 5 good practices since. There will be up and downs this season. Let's wait and see. If Zach becomes middle of the pack QB this year (and yes, with some bad INTs here and there) that is already a giant step forward, given his age.

mrjet80 and FJF like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

Color me old and cynical

After 50 plus years of no SB and 11 years no playoff that's what happens my friend

SOJAZ and Jedi mind tricks like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

Boart Borat Boratt !!! the Movies make me laugh...just like this unlucky Team omg

So you talking about 2 years chronological age or football age in ref to JB

A Josh Allen type of leap? Sure I'll take it

BTW a second first round pick HAS to me more than middle of the road QB ??! ..jeez

But we are the Jets ..so lower that Bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.