Schefter: Zach Wilson with Bone Bruise & Meniscus Tear (out 2-4 weeks)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Getting injured every year isn't a ridiculous take. The meniscus isn't just padding, it plays a large role in the stability of the knee. Add it to last years PCL injury and the odds of that knee being injured again are pretty high.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I feel there was a lot of overreaction last night to Zach’s play on the field. It’s the first series of the first preseason game….let training camp play out. Well now with the injury Zach’s gonna fall behind a couple weeks physically…..

This team is still a work in progress. I understand the frustration on the board but it is gonna take a little while longer for the team to get to where they want to be.

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

It’s time u hang ‘em up buddy. Not sure if you a brain injury recently or what happened to you. I hope you get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Dean is 3 feet tall. He’s not gonna be an i
    Pact player. Let’s revisit in a couple years :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

When they trim the tear it's often to a) prevent tear from increasing b) prevent torn piece from breaking off and floating around inside the joint and grinding shit up like a pebble making more longterm complications
    Ideally you'd obviously want to repair any tears if possible, but surgical repair depends on severity, location and age of the patient.
    A simple trim looking at a month at least
    A repair its more like 3 months

I'm no doctor, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn express.... and have unfortunately shredded my meniscus(s) into spaghetti

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Wow, what a relief. Sounds like we need to see how his second opinion and surgery go to be more certain though. I'll still brace for a surprise change to that timetable
    If it actually is a 2-4 week injury, no rush for him. Let Flacco start week one against his old team

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Really good news.
    Dodged a bullet really.

Still think we need to address the backup QB position tho. Flacco is trash and not an option imo.
    Why do teams feel the need to “protect” young QBs by ensuring zero competition?
    Puts the rest of the team and season at risk for disaster. It’s irresponsible team construction.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Our seasons have been over by Sept the entire JD era.
    It felt like we were gonna top that by being over early in August instead.

Never assume it can’t get worse with this team :confused:

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

People act like if Zach was out for the season we'd draft another first round QB. We wouldn't.

JD went in so deep with Zach that a year from now we'd be here saying, "gee I hope Zach can make that year 2 jump". Even if he shits the bed this season we'll probably be doing "that 3rd year jump" a year from now.

Footballgod214, SOJAZ and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

ZW should have ran out of bounds. situation avoided, but he was trying to play hero ball to overcome the INT.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Re-watched it and I see your point. The dude is still looks like a beast though and I got a feeling we'll be hearing more about him as the season goes on.

12. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in another thread, thank goodness. Some of the reports from late last night were a bit positive, and was finally confirmed this morning to not be season threatening. If he misses 2 weeks or 4 I'm fine with either as long as he gets healthy again. I guess the lastest he'll be back is week 2 barring any setbacks with week 1 also being a possibility. After the Becton news this was the last thing any Jets fan would have wanted to hear. Zach needs to slide or run out of bounds next time. I admire the effort, but staying healthy is the key.

The Dark Knight and mrjet80 like this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White looked awesome, right?

14. JETFUEL1580

I agree no way JD gives up on Zach if he was out for the season with an ACL injury. He's gonna get every opportunity possible to show he is the guy, especially after moving on from Sam. Zach will have to be Browning Nagle bad this upcoming season for JD to bail on him within his rookie deal time scale.

15. JETFUEL1580

I agree no way JD gives up on Zach if he was out for the season with an ACL injury. He's gonna get every opportunity possible to show he is the guy, especially after moving on from Sam. Zach will have to be Browning Nagle bad this upcoming season for JD to bail on him within his rookie deal time scale.

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agreed….I’d be fine with resting him even if he misses the first game or two….having Flacco starting against that ravens D while our OL is still “jelling” would be fine with me. I wouldn’t be happy with Flacco as our full time starter but to start a couple of games he’s fine…he didn’t light it up last year but he did have over 60% completion and more TDs than pics….I’ll take it. Shit, if Zach had stats like that I’m sure we’d all be pounding the table over how well he’s doing.

I think Flacco still has an arm and should be able to read defenses and make quick throws.

I didn’t see the game last night as I was working but I do have it recorded so I’ll catch up but I gotta admit seeing the news clips last night made it sound like a serious all season thing like an ACL. Glad to hear now it’s not that at all.

and just as a parting shot at another fun topic (not that I’m gaslighting :) … if this were Becton would we place any trust in a 2-4 week outlook? Ha!

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

IMO, If Zach is bad it will all be attributed to injuries and other players not helping him enough. He will be our staring QB next year no matter what. He was the golden pick.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Well, it could've been a whole lot worse.

hornblower likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

we’ll I for one wouldn’t be buying into other players excuses…I think our skill players are plenty good enough if we get what we expect out of G Wilson and Breece Hall…not to mention we now have two capable TEs as opposed to none last year. I’m also excited about Elijah Moore…and funny but I haven’t really heard squat about Corey Davis so far other than he’s had a drop or two.

still, our OL should be improved and with the players around him, I don’t think we can make any excuses for Zach…

CotcheryFan and ouchy like this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

One of my nightmares last night:

"It really is an amazing story. When the Jets reconnected with the 48 year old Testeverde he was bagging groceries at a local supermarket."

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.