Mekhi Becton INJURED in practice today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Aug 8, 2022.

1. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

not surprised one bit. time to move on

papapump and SOJAZ like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You can't go from 400 lbs and out of shape to full blown NFL practice, let alone game, in the time Becton tried it.

The NFL is a lifestyle. A lifestyle he has routinely avoided.

He shoulda been game shape ready at OTAs in early May. He wasn't and to no surprise he didn't even make it to week 1.

Jets79, ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't know you had all this counter evidence that wasn't the coach and GM giving boxed answers to reporters when they wear t-shirts that say good vibes only.

I think conditioning played a factor, you don't. We have the same information available. The one thing I notice is im using things I learned over the course of the past year, you keep on talking about the past few weeks which I have said I agree.. but don't agree that what came before those few weeks doesn't matter because he was in better shape and making an effort at camp. I also don't agree being fatigued while playing tackle cant lead to broken bones.

It's called having a different opinion, don't get so uppity about it or maybe do something that is less stressful for you.

#183 JackBower, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    Yankjetfan likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Your argument is all speculation and anger with zero evidence. The fact he was in good condition and performing well was backed up by the CS and the mediia.

if Becton was in such bad condition how do you explain the reports by yhe media of him having a great camp. The new athletic reporter said Becton has been dominant in therun game and really flashed. Even Cimini ate crow and talked about his hard work and how well he was doing.

Thirdly, if he was in bad condition do you think the cs might have eased his workload? The only thing holding him back in camp was the pain of the injury and the limping.

Here we have 3 sources of information all consistent that he was in great shape and performing well. That is what is called making a rational argument based on supporting evidence. Compare that to your argument which has zero evidence other than you say so. Nothing against you but the logic of your argument is completely lacking and is ignorant.
    Just because you are angry and really want something to be as you think it is does not make a rational argument. Try to support your argument with evidence and sources other than I say so.

To summarize you argued that his conditioning was bad at training camp with no supporting evidence. Instead your argument is contradicted by the coaching staff, by the media reports of not only his conditioning but of his performance and by the fact that the coaching staff did nothing to accommodate any lack of conditioning. I am not saying I am right but that the evidence only points one way and you offer no supporting evidence for your assertion. What you seem to be saying is there is a grand conspiracy and that the media and the coaching staff are liars and distorting the truth. The truth that only you know well because you know it. You see the problem here with you logic?

The better question here is did he recover from the knee injury and did it effect this injury and should the CS have let him continue to practice through the pain and discomfort?

#184 Noam, Aug 9, 2022
    bicketybam likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think the kid is just too big for his body to effectively handle the load.

6. JackBower

Concern regarding conditioning before camp.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...n-must-earn-his-starting-job-back/9296418002/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedraftnetwork.com/concerns-new-york-jets-mekhi-becton-2022/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/elites...-face-of-criticism-after-disastrous-2021/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jppelz...-and-they-soon-must-make-financial-decisions/

https://nypost.com/2021/08/19/jets-confident-mekhi-becton-will-overcome-his-struggles/

During camp, I'm going to put this in bold because I think you are missing this point.

I agree he came into camp in better shape.

Before I move forward, do you understand and accept the bold?

#186 JackBower, Aug 9, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Well you seem to love Mims, so there's that.

8. bicketybam

How do you condition the strength of your knee cap? Are there special Wheaties for that?

#188 bicketybam, Aug 9, 2022
    Ralebird and Noam like this.
  9. bicketybam

Browning Nagle is utter trash.

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Look its time to move on... Joe is already telling his scouts to look for the best OT in college next year.
    • Paris Johnson, Ohio State.
    • Peter Skoronski, Northwestern.
    • Andrew Voorhees, USC.
    • Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame.
    • Connor Galvin, Baylor.
    • Joe Tippmann, Wisconsin.
    • Cooper Beebe, Kansas State.
    • O'Cyrus Torrence, Florida.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. JackBower

It's ok if you don't understand

Acad23 likes this.
  12. bicketybam

That breaks your kneecap? I figured he tear a ligament first.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gotta lift those legs off the turf.

An avulsion fracture involves the detachment of a bone fragment that results from the pulling away of a ligament, tendon, or joint capsule from its point of attachment on a bone.

14. JackBower

Bad link. Google it

15. bicketybam

Same for you, my friend

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Since you did not address any of the relevant issues I will just copy and paste the summary of my last post. The issue was you argued that a lack of conditining at training camp caused the injury

To summarize you argued that his conditioning was bad at training camp with no supporting evidence. Instead your argument is contradicted by the coaching staff, by the media reports of not only his conditioning but of his performance and by the fact that the coaching staff did nothing to accommodate any lack of conditioning. I am not saying I am right but that the evidence only points one way and you offer no supporting evidence for your assertion. What you seem to be saying is there is a grand conspiracy and that the media and the coaching staff are liars and distorting the truth. The truth that only you know well because you know it. You see the problem here with your logic?

The better question here is did he recover from the knee injury and did it effect this injury and should the CS have let him continue to practice through the pain and discomfort?

17. bicketybam

He was having a very good camp. I can't blame him for getting winded in 95 degree heat with 70% humidity.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. JackBower

Ok, you didn't understand the bold of my previous post so I'm moving on.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Jell-O inserts (jelly for UK folk)

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

My point exactly