Mekhi Becton INJURED in practice today...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Fuck this shit

Noam likes this.
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The weight Flux and not taking care of body all year opens more chances for body to let you down.

It's shitty news if he is out, we need to get a real vet ASAP

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Lawson goes down I'ma really be pissed... :mad:

4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is why I wanted OL at 4 instead of corner…I didn’t have any faith in Becton’s ability to stay on the field then and less so now. It’s also why I wanted to keep Moses too…either one or the other.
    Ah well….sign Brown now

Borat and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The thing is, this is the same mistake as he made last year. Last year the issue was right guard, where we had GVR on the right side. I was saying we need someone like Tray Turner or someone more competent than GVR to be on the right side. JD didn't sign anyone, and Zach was hit at a rate worse than David Carr to start the year. JD then managed to get LDT to stop the bleeding. This year it's the same thing - he did upgrade LDT, but we have two guys coming back from major injuries at tackles and we lost Moses.

For all the good JD has done, protect your QB from day 1 for Pete's sake! Sam was ruined to at least some degree because Mac could not protect him and he started seeing Ghosts. JD cannot allow this to happen to Zach. You can tell Zach is significantly better than last year and when he has some time, he looks outstanding. But I was saying all offseason we can't rely on two injury prone tackles to protect him without a guy like Moses. Yes, I had Ike and Neal rated higher than Sauce, but I can understand why he passed on them: giving up on Mekhi was too early.

However, we need a Moses on this team, and this year's Moses is Duane Brown. JD has to get this done. I am trying not to overreact here, but all his good moves will go down the drain if he cannot protect Zach, and it is very clear we must have another good starting tackle to do so. And the sooner we get him here the better as there is no time to waste. Moses needs to move to the right and practice there, he hasn't done that for a year. Duane needs to be integrated, the guy hasn't practiced at all since last season and will need time. Every day we don't sign him, we lose a lot. Sometimes you need to spend, and this is the time. We know it, you know it, Duane knows it. Pay up and don't fuck around JD! It's a one year deal, we will have much CAP flexibility next year.

ouchy, Cman68, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

What the actual fuck? Duane better be at the practice tomorrow. And looks like we need another good tackle as a back up. Fant is coming off injury and Duane is old. Durable, but as you age, there is always increased chance. Get to work JD.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Becton's Jets career and possibly NFL career is done if he is out for the season.

8. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

this is exactly why I kept pounding the table for Ekwonu at 4. I hope it is not bad but man that's going to be a very tough look for the front office/ coaching staff if Becton is out for the whole year again.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

No, you still sound ridiculous.

Who was breaking the bank to trade for a player who wasn’t going to play a snap last year? Do you picture JD’s phone ringing off the hook with fire offers?

What do you think the trade market and value is for a 2nd year player on IR for his entire 2nd season?

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I still say move Vera Tucker to RT and play Herbig at RG. We have not even had a preseason game so it is not too late .D. Woody came into the NFL as a center for the Pats and ended up being a star at RT for the jets.

FJF and wewantsapp like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Basically out for the season:

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

In other words, he's a bust and pretty much done.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I also through the value was low hence I didn't want to trade him, but there was some value. Now there isn't.

REVISion likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

So next off-season, we're signing a FA tackle and then high-drafting another.

Good luck in Tennessee or Dallas in 2024, Mekhi. May your knee, weight, head, and priorities all get straight in the meantime. Don't rush.

wewantsapp likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My guess is that even if Brown is signed, he will be a backup to whoever Douglas trades for.

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Reality crashing in on Jets fans in record time this year.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was operating under the assumption that he would start the season on IR.

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Man, did 2020 draft suck or what. Perhaps ballooning to over 400 lbs for 9 months, missing OTAs, then losing 30 lbs in 40 days before starting training camp wasn't the best strategy after all. Or the guys is just made of glass. Either way, not good for us.

Cman68, wewantsapp, Poeman and 2 others like this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about other teams' personnel, but I can't imagine the asking price for a top-tier back-up tackle at this stage. Like Bryce Hall and a second-round pick? Or Hall, Ashtyn Davis, Denzel Mims and a third? Is that optimistic?

Who's trading a starting-caliber tackle in August?

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

God lord we could have had Tristin Wirfs instead.

Early 80's and Borat like this.