It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Living well is the best revenge.

Dierking likes this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The guy living there has a butler?

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Do Instagram posts ever count as anything? Other than self-serving, that is.

KingRoach likes this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Where amid the media sources (ABC / CNN) cited below do you see an 'Instagram' reference? . Unlike you (as it would appear), I don't do social media--another rash swing and a miss Miss Roach. ; ) . Funny but as you started out "agreeing with the majority," in the end, your smug, hyper-partisan mien ended up ruling your day--well played boi.

67th? I'll go 'one better':
    Q: what's 68?
    A: blow me....I'll owe you one... :confused:

Do yourself a favor and give the irascible, hyper-partisan little brat act a break...

Ok, fair enough but try this on for size: in 'Nov, 2020 right after Biden beat Trump the media (ABC, CNN et al) gleefully heralded Biden's victory by claiming that church bells ringing in Paris and firework displays lighting up skies over several British cities were in celebration of Biden's win---a bold faced lie.

The entertainment sector rashly jumped on board as well: “Saturday Night Live” Weekend Update host Colin Jost quipped: “Do you know how bad you have to be for Paris to ring church bells when you lose?”

ABC News (in a now deleted tweet): “Fireworks lit up the night sky over London, UK, after Joe Biden was characterized to be the apparent winner of the presidential election.”

A flood of lies parroted by hyper-partisans...one after another. . Flat out lies. Trump's losing was not and is not my issue, hardly; the guy's a scumbag. It's a media that's as slanted and corrupt as 'state' media. The actual truth below:

France: the Diocese of Nanterre, which oversees the area, confirmed that the bells of Notre-Dame de l’Assomption did sound on Saturday evening, but only because they were automatically programed to announce the 6 p.m. mass.

Britain: Every year in early November, Brits light bonfires and launch fireworks to celebrate Guy Fawkes’s failure to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605. So according to the media Brits have been celebrating Biden's victory for over 500 years?

(this from a disgruntled former journalism major....who promptly switched majors)

Martina Navratilova: "In Czechoslovakia there was no freedom of the press. In the U.S. there's no freedom from the press." <--- imho, game, set, match, Martina.

#1064 joe, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2022
    Acad23 likes this.
  5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m not partisan. If anything, my ideas are more aligned with a recently formed 3rd party. I have a pet peeve for misleading information and people who draw conclusions from said misleading information; unfortunately those things seem to happen more often on one side of the spectrum than the other

I see plenty of mainstream media referencing social media posts regarding bells and fireworks but I’m unable to find an actual member of the media making the claim them selves. I’ve posted a link for your convenience.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/europe-celebrates-biden-win.amp

You’ll notice the headline of the article is misleading (a pet peeve of mine) but the actual article and writer make no such claims, they are reporting that other people are making claims (which is true, people on social media made those claims). Regarding the deleted tweet you reference, I see it as a good thing when a reputable news source notices a mistake and takes care of it.

I also tend not to get my news from a satirical sketch show so I’m not sure what the SNL reference is about.

If you can’t handle a thread about history without resorting to name calling I’ll ask them close down the thread and people who want to talk about issues can go to their respective echo chambers, I’m good either way.

PS Edit: Here is another quote from the tennis star you referenced:
    “An assault on the press, an assault on all of us-this is all on trump.”
    She’s also anti-facism aka antifa so I’m not sure she’s the horse you want to back.

Here are some additional posts from the media you distrust so much.

No, Paris didn't ring church bells for Biden. And London's fireworks had more to do ...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...a7b5c8-22a6-11eb-9c4a-0dc6242c4814_story.html

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...france-fireworks-london-werent-celebrating-j/

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...reworks-had-more-to-do-with-guy-fawkes/?amp=1

Church bells did not ring across Paris for Joe Biden
    https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-9692562784

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bells-in-paris-biden/

#1065 KingRoach, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why wouldn't Europe have celebrated Trump's defeat?

I guarantee you they didn't give a crap about Biden.

KingRoach likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Germany didn't like Trump...

Ukraine loves Biden...

8. Br4d

The point is that Trump was anti-Europe/EU/NATO in a big way and made no bones about it.

He was hated in Western Europe because he hated Western Europe.

Satan likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big NATO fan myself.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Neither is Noam Chomsky.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Chomsky went from criticizing America to hating America to hating America so much that he'd back Satan if Satan were against America.

Satan likes this.
  12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets, stinkyB and KingRoach like this.
  13. Br4d

Because you would like to live in a world where bigger powers run roughshod over smaller ones with no controls in place?

Europe had a major war every 30 years like clockwork before NATO was established.

They've had one civil war entirely outside NATO in the former Yugoslavia since. They had two major interventions in the Warsaw Pact since.

No NATO signatory has been invaded since the treaty was signed. There has to be a lot wrong with the treaty before it becomes anything other than the greatest boon to European stability in centuries.

Ralebird and papapump like this.
  14. Br4d

Chomsky is one of those idealists who sets aside all sorts of realities to conjure up a vision of the world as it would run if he was totally in charge.

He then criticizes the flaws in the existing order, which are many, because he believes that perfection is attainable.

In other words he's a fantasist.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Joe,

Really? You had to personalize the attack and call a poster inerloping turd to make a point? Honestly, I give up man. You were banned twice with 6 months each after you got things personal with barf and NC Jets Fan. Now that they are gone forever, your new targets are Ralebird and King Roach?

Come on man.

Regardless, locking this thread up as it served its life expectancy. I will reach out to you privately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.