Official 2022 Jets Training Camp

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jul 17, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

there was one tweet in the thread that said he bounced a pass 5 yards in front of Hall…obviously no context here like if he had guys in his face or whatnot, but that is exactly what he can’t keep doing…

KY Jets Fan and ouchy like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is weird because Saleh said we'll see Zach's year 2 jump in joint practices, and MLF is saying we wont know until week 1. That year 2 jump, its hard to nail down.

Ralebird likes this.
  5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If you actually had done a google search you would have found a plethora of articles that said the Jets wanted to resign Flacco. It is not my job to educate you or make up for your laziness. Rather I just pointed out your ignorance. If you had done a google search rather than just making crap up you would have found this below tweet, an Athletic article other articles by beat writers and if you really wanted more information you could have listened to Hughes' podcasts. Thess are the types of things that people who actually follow the Jets should know. There was a ton of talk during the 2021 off season and after the trade about how the Jets wanted to resign Flacco. If one actually reads or listens to podcasts even on a casual basis they would already know that.

My advice is stick to your lane. You specialize in witty humorous biting insults not substance or knowledge. You do a very nice job insulting others. Sometimes I laugh and sometimes I wonder what is wrong. But it is your thing and your good at it. You should stick to it.

#365 Noam, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Hey Guys....

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Browning must be an expert on what feet taste like.

cval and Noam like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

My takeaway from today’s practice:

Overall, sounds like it was a bad day for Zach who, outside of the best throw he’s made this offseason, had some accuracy struggles.

However, without full context (did the receiver run the “correct” route, was there pressure in his face, etc.) I can’t get too upset about some accuracy issues in the first padded practice of the year. Gonna have to wait and see how he responds going forward.

On the flip side, sounds like the D was on point today. I think this bodes well for a bounce back season for this unit who was historically bad last year.

Also, something to keep in mind, the defense should be more advanced at this point than the offense. The defense, outside of Sauce and JJ, are all guys who have been around in the league, either with the Jets or other teams. The offense is without Fant and is also relying on a lot more youth in prominent positions (Zach, Garrett, Elijah, Breece, MC, and AVT).

Zach is gonna have to be more accurate this season but hopefully going up against an improved defense all offseason will help him along on that front so that by the time we get to Week 1, all those kinks will have been worked out and the offense is running smoothly.

Time will tell.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

No reason to panic now, but hearing Zach dirt a ball 5 yards in front of a receiver's feet is one of the last things you want to hear after the major issues he had last year with that. Let's hope it's just a one-off and not a trend.

10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What concerns me more than dirting it are all the sacks. Is Zach holding it too long. Is he trying to do too much? Is he being indecisive? Is it the OL? Is the DL just doing that good? is it Fant's replacement along with Becton still getting in shape after over 1.5 straight years of being injured with the shoulder, then the foot, then the concussion in camp and finally the knee? Is too early to say when the Jets have not even installed the full offense yet?

Either way it is concerning. The two biggest Zach issues last year for me were holding the ball too long and taking sacks trying to create plays. His sack rate under pressure was Sanchez bad last year either at 24 or 26 percent? All the sacks really concern me.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Exactly, this is the first time we’ve heard this so far this offseason so no need to panic IMO.

Now, if the reports from today become a trend over the next few weeks…that’s another story entirely.

Ralebird likes this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yep and I remember Becton having a bad camp but then looking solid in preseason games

The bottom line for me during all this is we have to wait for regular season games to really see and judge. I'm trying not to put a ton of stock in practice reports, but of course they're nice to follow during the offseason!

As you say, we can't even see it with our own eyes to judge who's at fault

Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Good points and that’s what I was alluding to with my earlier post. There are a lot of reasons why the offense may not be fully clicking at this point in TC. IMO it’s too early to be worried about anything. Concerned, of course, we’re all concerned otherwise we wouldn’t be on a Jets message board in early August haha

cval and Noam like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Positive vibes only man!

the defense was world class amazing today

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mims has earned his spot. They are gonna have to keep 6 WRs. If they are intent on keeping 3 QBs then some position group is gonna face the squeeze

azhar80 likes this.
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Haven't seen one tweet about Jermaine. Hated the pick. Hope I'm wrong.

17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Fuck me. I know I'm getting old but I'm struggling to work out where that 1.5 years went? It seems like Becton was injured in the first game of the season last year, but wow time is really flying huh?:rolleyes:

But yes, more than twitter wars, weight problems, injury recovery times the reports of multiple sacks each day are far more concerning to me. Its still early though and he's donned pads actively for the first time in a good while.

Noam likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sorry Noam that I don't have hundreds of hours to listen to podcasts, I'll leave that to people that do.

As far as staying in my lane, we'll revisit this conversation when the season starts and experience your perception of the game, because I really don't remember any educational moments from you aside for your adherence to that ancient trade value chart. Who knows? Maybe you have something to offer other than one of the least objective viewpoints on the forum?

I usually stay out of that lane.

ouchy likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a weird meme and post also. Is there an off the field year 2 jump?

Lets cut through he BS. The truth is our coaches don't seem to know when Zach is going to show he's improved enough to be the guy. This seems to indicate that we are still a ways from having the next Burrow, Murry, Herbert, or even Jones. We're still hoping we at least got a Mayfield.

Its only camp, and its early days, but there hasn't been any indication that he has improved to the level of Mayfield yet.