Becton Looks Great

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Jul 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I worry about Fant starting at RT in 2022. Last year was by far his best season while playing on the left side after more underwhelming play previously on the right. Unless his improved play last year was more about his development as a whole and less about the side he was playing on, I hope he stays on the left and Becton plays right. I'd hate for Becton to start at LT while Fant is less effective on the right and then we have a hole there.

And yeah, I like the idea of adding a veteran OT, but I'm pretty optimistic about Max Mitchell too. If he's up to speed in training camp and preseason, maybe a vet isn't actually needed

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless Fant or Wirfs, or both got injured. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

So Becton is on the active/pup list eh? Although he ain’t alone in it, so maybe there’s something to it. @REVISion

REVISion likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not a bit surprised, So is Fant, and Lawson. Injured last year, transition them in after the in-depth physical for the injury. They will slowly move them to limited and go from there.

Noam and bicketybam like this.
  5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We're not talking about a mutual fund here, injuries do tend to make further injuries more likely. There's the injured area itself and the fact that your body compensates for injuries by putting added stress on your non-injured joints and muscles, which can lead to new injuries. Exceptionally heavy people are also at far higher injury risk.

Becton has now had 5 different injuries that caused him to miss practice and/or games. Shoulder, chest, foot, head, and knee. At a certain point it's not just bad luck.

#165 REVISion, Jul 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    blackssmagic, Stevied and Borat like this.
  6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Sorry but him going on the PUP list tells us everything we need to know about him.

BrowningNagle, REVISion and Stevied like this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Except the majority of the games missed were due to the knee injury and that had nothing to do with him being "injury prone."

I do worry about Moore. He seems made of glass. Same with Carter and Wilson to a degree.

Cman68 and Ralebird like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There is a reason why JD tried to target players that do not have history of injury the season. There is no guarantee of course, but chances are much higher for injury prone players to get injured again vs these that manage to stay reasonably healthy.

REVISion likes this.
  9. Stevied

Especially since Saleh said he should be ready to roll when things start, the converted linebacker tore his Achilles I believe later than Becton got hurt and he’s not on PUP, and of course Becton posting all these Videos about his feats strength.

All that said, and I clearly doubt Becton, but I’m clinging to this just being a formatilty more or less given the other names on the list and that he’ll be ready come day 1

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I have seen people get their freaking leg amputated and return to activities sooner than Becton. How they hell does a 6 to 8 week injury turn into this shit show. Between his dumbass shirt, and chirping on social media for him to start on the PUP. This is ridiculous, he is a complete joke. I really loved the Sauce pick at 4, but need should of have them pick IK instead

REVISion and Stevied like this.
  11. Stevied

Hopefully it’s coming, but given his propensity for tweeting, I’m surprised he hasn’t gone on Twitter and explained that it’s no big deal and he’ll be ready to roll. Maybe another pic with his Dentist will shut me, you and Revision up!

The real schmuck in all of this though? Saleh/Douglas. How they didn’t make a trade or do something, but instead put all our eggs in this basket is beyond me!

12. REVISion

The point of my comment wasn't the number of games missed, it was how many different injuries Becton has already had. Guys who get hurt frequently generally continue to get hurt, for the reasons in my original comment.

People tried this same argument when we signed Lawson. "Just because he's been hurt before doesn't mean it'll happen again!" Nah, being injury prone is a thing.

Again, Becton has suffered 5 different injuries while playing 15 actual games. If that's not injury prone then I don't know what is. Whether those injuries happened in practice or in games is less relevant than the fact that they happened at all.

blackssmagic and Stevied like this.
  13. bicketybam

He was blessed by an angel in college.

14. REVISion

Not being 400 lbs in college probably helped too.

Borat likes this.
  15. bicketybam

Lol! Right!

16. Ralebird

No, we're not talking about a mutual fund, we are talking about injuries, something that is less controllable than the vagaries of the stock market. Fant, Becton, any of them can slip on a banana peel and end their careers tomorrow or get knocked down by a bus and miss a few games or the season. The fact that someone has not been injured in the past is meaningless.

Fat women, skinny kids, gym rat men - it doesn't matter, unless of course someone needs to disregard their suggestion that anyone is invulnerable because they have been so far or to make the tired old, unproven TGG claim that Becton's injuries are caused by his weight for the 2,167th time.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't give them any ideas... :confused:

18. Stevied

Of those 15, he only competed 8.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ve-players-on-pup-including-mekhi-becton/amp/

REVISion likes this.
  19. Ralebird

It is not now and never was a 6 - 8 week injury.

Stills1 likes this.
  20. Stevied

Let me ask ya this, a few weeks ago Saleh said Becton should be ready to roll come day 1 of TC. I’m 90% sure Becton himself said something similar, now he’s on the PUP list.

Whaddya make of that?

blackssmagic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.