Can the Jets TRUST Mekhi Becton in 2022?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

2 PUP lists now: Reserve & Active. Active is preseason only. If he lands on the Active PUP list he cannot practice at all and doesn't count against the roster and can be taken off of it at any time. However, the instant he practices he cannot be sent to the reserve PUP list anymore.

Reserve PUP list is the traditional 6 regular season weeks automatically. And it can be extended
    -

Jets are in a tough spot because Becton needs to practice. But if he practices he can't go on the PUP list for the regular season, so he'd be taking up a roster spot and not in game shape. I dont know what they are going to do. Probably Active PUP to start training camp and hope for the best

twown, abyzmul and Ptflea2 like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very well said. I wish him nothing but the best. I still believe there are way too many people out there that rather see him fail and prove themselves right, damned what's best for JD and the team.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I'm confused about why we got that glimpse of a single Becton rep with the elastic. It looked awkward, but then again it was just one rep, and the drill is kind of awkward by nature.

It would be so easy to release two minutes of film, and even easier to release nothing. What was the intention of releasing that single uninspiring rep?

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Two words: Public Relations

HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Cman, assuming for a second that I understand about PR, let's dive a little deeper. Why give us one awkward rep? Why not one very strong rep? Or ten decent reps?

If your answer is, "Maybe there are no strong reps to show," then my question back to you is, What then is the most sensible thing to do from a PR perspective? Give one clumsy rep or give nothing?

7. Cman68

For a guy who's running around in a childish T-shirt angry at the twitterverse, showing one useless video is still more football activity than what we've seen out of FatBoi in almost a year. His PR people hasn't done the kid any favors by letting him tweet all the stupid shit he has done so far. All of his injury/rehab activities has been handled evidently by amateurs. Lucky for him, he has the Jet PR dept. running cover. Not real sure if that's a good thing or not...:)

BrowningNagle, REVISion and Acad23 like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The guy chasing him with the other end of the elastic band looked in better shape...:confused:

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'm not looking to argue but how can you call him childish when you use a nickname of FatBoi to mock him. The only difference I see is that you are in your 50's and he is what I consider still a kid. Just saying.

Mogriffjr and KingRoach like this.
  10. Cman68

He certainly is a child in a man's body and his 'tude shows it. Until he proves he belongs on the roster, his path is all uphill and he's gonna have to do it the old fashion way.. earn it. Instead of useless vids, how about he shows up this upcoming TC and show us how much improvement (or none) he's managed to accomplish over the last year. What's more important.. His twitter reputation or his roster spot?? Time for Becton to either shit or get off the pot. Recess is over..

#570 Cman68, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I hear you but there is a part of me that feels for the guy. He's still just a kid. I hope he proves everyone wrong and then just goes about his business.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. twown

twown Well-Known Member

My worry is that Becton has looked so bad that when they saw that rep, they were like, "He didn't fall down. Post that shit."

abyzmul, Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Just because it's a PR move doesn't make it an especially good PR move.

I couldn't be more over these one-off videos and comments about Becton supposedly working hard. They mean less than 0.

If he was really working hard then he wouldn't have shown up to minicamp overweight after having nothing to do but work out and eat right for 6 months. For that to happen after he just missed the entire year due to his weight is unbelievable. It appears it's going to take getting cut to actually light a fire under him, and I'm not confident in that doing the trick either.

The guy talks all day long about how he's going to prove everyone wrong and never actually proves anyone wrong other than the people still inexplicably optimistic on him.

Jets79 and Cman68 like this.
  14. Cman68

You and I both know its the growing out of childhood that's the toughest part of being an adult. I hope the kid makes it too BUT he has to realize how the world outside of Becton works. The Jets won't have infinite patience and the point will come where the FO/CS will start to make Becton live up to his draft status. They won't stand still and wait for the kid to show something. This franchise can't afford to wait. It's the cost of being in the NFL and I hope Becton is willing to pay the price. If not? He's a goner.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I hate to sound like a broken record from last year, but as a graduate of Marijuana University, I feel it necessary to point out that weed is now very legal in NJ, and this guy started turning into a house right about the time it was legalized. Laziness, compulsive overeating. The bud can be evil to some.

REVISion and BrowningNagle like this.
  16. Cman68

I hope he's smarter with it than Brittney was... :)

abyzmul likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'll bet your physical condition is better than ever now, with all the leaping to conclusions you're doing around Becton. Of course you might be back at that school working on an advanced degree.

18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I would assume that the post was originally on Instagram as well, which prefers quick sound bite stuff rather than extended pieces. There were two clips at least on the original Twitter thread, not just the one that makes it look like Becton's there on his own, with the guy holding the resistance band.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am willing to wait for training camp before I jump on the criticize Becton Bandwagon. Let's hope he really does come in with an attitude and in shape.

KY Jets Fan, bicketybam and LAJet like this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The guy failed a combine drug test and is en route to eating his way out of the league. It's not exactly a stretch to speculate he might have a weed+overeating issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.