It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

waiting for covid related deaths

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cipollone's testimony is needed. He is the guy who warned Trump not to contest the election results saying that if he did go to Capitol Hill on January 6th he could potentially be implicated in the crimes of obstructing justice and obstructing the electoral count. He threatened to resign

Lets hope he does the right thing and appears before the committee instead of ignoring it like many of the other trump-employed criminals

3. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He died of natural causes. Reality is here for you at anytime you want to join us in it.

bicketybam likes this.
  5. JetBlue

I’m not sure what point you are trying to make but your sarcastic description of them as rocket surgeons only supports my position. They behaved like idiots who hadn’t thought out what they were actually going to do when they got there, not like a group or individuals who were focused on accomplishing an actual goal like killing the VP.

bicketybam likes this.
  6. JetBlue

Yes it is. A group of people looking to kill would have actually killed someone.

bicketybam likes this.
  7. Catfish Billy

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Where did I "compare the 6th Committee with Joseph Stalin"?
    Where did I say myself or anyone "are the real good guys"?

What I said was that the Dems will continue to round up & arrest their political opponents.

9. BrowningNagle

no, sometimes they fail at their goals

Satan, Catfish Billy and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Nice try Blue but you are wrong.this was anything but "natural".the guy was not old only 42 ..sigh

Reality ? OfficerBrian Sicknick died in hospital after being injured engaging the rioters..

More reality : After the Jan 6th riot 4 officers committed suicide

mute and papapump like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You are absolutely pathetic with your weak apologies ..the Dems are on a horse like a Sheriff rounding up the James gang?? Nobody has been arrested yet fool

And then double talking about who are the good guys and who are not ..we all know your sneaky narrative and it's weak

As the thread reads this was a historic attempt to disrupt the peaceful transition of power but all you're dumb blabbering is merely to confound and confuse things as usual

I have been on the TGG since 2013 and if there was an Award for Useless Posts you would win hands down Acad

Bout time I put you on Ignore ...1000 per cent sure I won't be missing anything halfway important Junior

Ralebird, KingRoach and Catfish Billy like this.
  12. Catfish Billy

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Best that you put me on ignore... you can't handle yourself in a manner that's conducive to civil debate.

"you're dumb blabbering"....... talk about projection... :confused:

14. Catfish Billy

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ginni Thomas is a bat shit crazy.

I wonder what her views on abortion are... :confused:

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

A bowl of honey bunches of oats a day helps me get through these times.

17. Catfish Billy

18. BrowningNagle

Under House Bill 233, surveys would be conducted annually on campuses to assess viewpoint diversity and intellectual freedom, and determine “the extent to which competing ideas and perspectives are presented,” and whether students and faculty “feel free to express beliefs and viewpoints on campus and in the classroom.”

If I was faculty I would answer with 'fuck off DeSantis'

NYJetsO12, papapump and Catfish Billy like this.
  19. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

The Supreme Court has granted cert to Moore v. Harper (the "independent state legislature doctrine" case), meaning it will decide next term whether state legislatures (and not courts) have sole jurisdiction over election law.

Wow! If they rule on this as they did in the rest of the "states' rights" cases, what's to stop the parties in power in state legislatures from passing voting rules ensuring that they will never be voted out of power again? Talk about hiring the fox to guard the henhouse!

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

So we should want diversity of skin color but not diversity of thought? This seems like a pretty reasonable goal, especially considering that academia leans incredibly far to the left.

https://www.aei.org/articles/are-co...l-composition-of-campuses-and-campus-climate/

Almost three decades later in 2016-2017, HERI found that 60% of the faculty identified as either far left or liberal compared to just 12% being conservative or far right. In 1989, the liberal: conservative ratio of faculty was 2.3. So in less than 30 years the ratio of liberal identifying faculty to conservative faculty had more than doubled to 5.

Compare this to the 5-point liberal-conservative poll for the US population, which shows only minor changes over time and an appreciably different curve. In the fall of 1989, 26% of Americans were on the liberal side of the spectrum, 42% were moderate, and the remaining 29% described themselves as conservative. This is a normal distribution and shows a tendency to cluster toward the center. Three decades later, the numbers do not look all that different. Thirty one percent of Americans state that they are conservative or very conservative, 43% are moderate, and the 24% are liberal or very liberal. The American population as a whole went from a 0.9 liberal: conservative ratio to a 0.8 – this is a minor change and shows that the nation as a whole leaned a bit to the right during this time period while college and university faculty lunged toward to the left.

As Phillip Magness recently pointed out, the evidence that faculty lean heavily to the left is so clear that any claims to the contrary must necessarily be based on a gross misinterpretation of the data.

The research on the ideological orientation of students uncovers a similar imbalance. Three weeks ago FIRE released the largest free speech survey of college students conducted to date of almost 20,000 students across 55 colleges and universities, both public and private. According to their findings just over a quarter of the surveyed students identified as conservative to some degree compared to 50% who are liberal.

When it comes to college and university administrators, whose ranks have grown dramatically over the past two decades, there is unfortunately not much research to draw on. The best picture we have comes from Abrams’s 2017 survey of a nationally representative sample of roughly 900 “student-facing” administrators. He found that liberal staff members outnumber their conservative counterparts by the astonishing ratio of 12:1. Only 6% of campus administrators identified as conservative to some degree, while 71% classified themselves as liberal or very liberal. Of the three constituencies on campus, the political skew of administrators is the most marked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.