It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Under what guise does abortion fall under federal purview that a federal law could be crafted that would remove it from state’s rights? And if it could be crafted, why were we ever having the fight about it being a constitutional right rather than it simply having been made law?

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JackBower likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The nation was able to pass a constitutional amendment that prohibited the sale of alcohol. Think about that. Then they were able to pass a constitutional amendment that repealed it. They addressed alcohol yet they don't even try to address the 2md amendment or abortion. Why is that?

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Putting aside the legal argument about the constitution, why do conservatives and libertarians have such a hard on about abortion? Nobody’ going to make you have one.

Are you religious? Fine, you have my permission to pray for my soul. Fat lot of good that’ll do both of us but have at it.

Forcing people to have children they don’t want and likely won’t be able to adequately raise is just another self inflicted mistake society will be paying for for generations.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only thing Congress has done consistently since the mid-90's is cut taxes.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That was further to my point of what does it really affect anyone. Shitty parenting has already netted us a generation of school shooters and now we want to add more unwanted neglected children under the guise of it being religiously correct?

Br4d likes this.
  8. bicketybam

I'm pro choice because I feel women should have the ability to decide whether they want to have a child or not. So no hard on for me. My issue is the supreme court just making shit up about what's in the constitution i.e. legislating from the bench. If you let one thing slide it opens the door to everything else.

9. Dierking

Right. Before you know it those coloreds will be in our schools.

Br4d and Cman68 like this.
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That same reasoning could apply to a baby after it’s born if the biggest issue we need to prevent in society is babies that can’t be adequately raised. Just kill then all. The date when you do it is simply arbitrary.

11. bicketybam

Where in my response did you get that from? I'm pro choice, pro gay marriage, pro LGBTQ rights. You think I'm some southern racist from the 1800's?

12. bicketybam

My preferred option would be adoption. If a women gets pregnant and doesn't want it, why not bring it to term and let someone else raise the baby? I'd even sign up for federally funded pre-natal care for these women.

13. Dierking

The whole bit about the Supreme Court making shit up. They’ve been doing that since day one.

And no, I don’t think you’re some racist southern hick. But your party is pretty clearly dominated by them.

papapump, Br4d and Cman68 like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That was on Thursday.

15. Ralebird

It's obvious that you have conveniently for your argument discarded the portion of the Second Amendment which reads "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," which not only permits a "free State" to regulate the use of firearms, it requires it to do so.

There is no requirement for a law to be Constitutional that it repeat any verbatim text from the Constitution itself which was written with intentional brevity. The first section of the Fourteenth Amendment guarantees "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". The deprivation of a woman's fundamental right to liberty by interfering with her personal choice in deciding for herself how to deal with a pregnancy is offensive to the document and must be safeguarded.

Again, in the span of twenty four hours the current Supreme Court has removed the right and responsibility of a free state to create laws in one case and endorsed it in another.

#335 Ralebird, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    papapump likes this.
  16. Ralebird

My God, you'd think she fell off her bicycle onto her head or something. In light of such dementia she needs to be removed from office

#336 Ralebird, Jun 26, 2022
  17. bicketybam

No it wasn't. They said they couldn't deny someone a CCL based on the arbitrary opinion of someone who feels they dont "need" one. NY residents still have to meet all the other requirements set for by NY State and there are many of them. Do better.

Acad23 likes this.
  18. Ralebird

duplicate

#338 Ralebird, Jun 26, 2022
  19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Morality … brought to you by people who think they can do as they please mom-sat, as long as their ass is in the seat on Sunday. That’s what it seems like here in sc, anyway.

20. bicketybam

They are thoroughly screened. Did you look at the post I made where I posted the application process? I'm guessing no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.