It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think gay rights are pretty safe at this point.

By now, so many people have come out of the closet that everybody has a gay brother, uncle, co worker etc. that they have no interest in seeing be oppressed by religious fanatics. It’s not like people just starting being gay after Bowers v Hardwick.

I think if more women come out and acknowledge they’ve had abortions and why the tide might turn there as well.

Fucking amazing we’re at this point at all though. The Taliban couldn’t have drawn this up any better.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh I mean from the public they’re safe. Thomas made it clear they’re not safe from the court and state legislators if it’s overturned.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yes. Thomas and his freak show wife are legit scary people to have such influence over regular folks lives.

4. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

We also need younger candidates to step up. DeSantis is to much a whiny, vindictive, little bitch for me to consider. It just can’t be another rematch, or we are screwed.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

But he'll stop at interracial marriage ofc...

6. HomeoftheJets

They will be in this election coming up...

7. HomeoftheJets

DeSantis looks reasonable compared to Trump, but the more people see him on the national stage, the less they'll like him IMO. He really is a whiny bitch.

papapump likes this.
  8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I meant total population

9. JackBower

He wants to reverse all these rulings that fall under "substantive due process," while blissfully bypassing interracial marriage which falls under the same concept. More proof that hypocrisy just doesn't matter if you're a Republican as long as you tick the boxes the nutcases want (ending gay marriage, fucking birth control, abortions).

That's not a dig, it's just a fact.

10. HomeoftheJets

What does total population even mean? If the majority of people vote Republican, then the Republicans are the majority party.

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Each generation is getting less and less religious. The republicans should be careful cheering on garbage like yesterday….

with inflation and everything going on I was certain November would be a red wave, after yesterday, I’m not so sure.

papapump and FJF like this.
  12. JackBower

That's not true. There are many more registered Democrats than Republicans. Also the majority of Metro areas are majority democrat. There's only a handful of swing states in the entire country.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Good thing abortion isn’t a women’s rights issue anymore now that Democrats are taking the position that men can give birth, and thus have abortions, as well. Now it’s just a human rights issue, which means we are going to have to argue it’s not a human life at all that has rights.

which brings me to the idea that “real life” doesn’t start until three months? Based on what?

Eliminating any religious concept of what a human being is brings us to a naturalist position that would reduce being a human as strictly biological organism — no spirit, no free will and consciousness is just an illusion. They are simply natural chemical and biological interactions with complexities so great we can’t predict them. From such a naturalist position, human life would exists at conception, just at its most simple form.

The only reasonable objection to that position is we have a consciousness and free will, but those things would have to be supernatural — they aren’t simply chemical and biological interactions, otherwise we are back to the naturalist position. But if you take this position I think we should expect some proof of when the spirit is injected into the physical body before we determine a kill date we think happens before that.

Acad23 and abyzmul like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

Party registration is meaningless. What matters is how people vote on Election Day. In past elections, Republicans have won without a majority, so Democrats have had reasons to complain about the system. But current polls show that the Democrats are so unpopular now that if the elections were held today, Republicans would be the majority party. Maybe the Supreme Court decisions will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.

JackBower and JetBlue like this.
  15. JackBower

Agreed. I'd be curious to see percentages of registered voters who go and actually vote. I have no stats but I would bet the percentage of registered Republicans far outweigh the percentage of registered Democrats, and independents, that vote on an election cycle

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well that's a good question Blue..and if you are religious or conservative I respect your opinion

Legally 9 States have laws that could ban abortion from Date of conception or last missed period

Other states 6 weeks from LMP

Some go all the up to 24 weeks ...so it's a matter of Interpretation

I practice meditation and Yoga daily ..and according to the Hindu texts "consciousness" begins at 12 weeks or 3 months

Proof? Sometimes it's better to "walk by Faith and not by Sight"

JetBlue likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You think he'll go back to the anti-miscegenation laws that were law of the land until the late 50's early 60's?

It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than paying for a divorce.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don’t mean you have to prove it to me; we are just a couple of guys having a conversation.

I think the naturalist argument is the most damning argument against abortion — no religion or spirituality required to identify when is an appropriate kill date. We are just natural organisms with no scientifically proven consciousness, free will or soul. the accepted scientific understanding of the universe and all things in it is that we go from order to disorder, of which complexity is part of that disorder. And just like the universe at .00000000000000000000000001 seconds after the Big Bang when it was just heat, no stars, planets, or even atoms, it was still the universe just in its most simplest, orderly form not something that was not the universe, a life at conception is just life at its earliest, most orderly form, not something that is not life. That is the only reasonable position once we eliminate religious or spiritual concepts of people from the equation which I think the government must do in any law they make on the matter.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

AOC
    FYP

fixed

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Hamsters and small rodents have it built into their DNA that the mother kills all the babies and father after they’re born. We’re just human hamsters really.

I found that out as a 5 year old when the pet store gave us a male and female against my mom’s wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.