It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Reagan, Clinton, W and Obama all faced heavy economic downturns in their second year and were re-elected. The *only* President in modern times (since 1980) who faced these types of issues in his second year and did not get re-elected was George H.W. Bush and he had 2 serious opponents in his race and a party that was in revolt against him.

I make Biden's chances at getting re-elected along the lines of 80-20 at this point if he runs. There is a real chance age or illness will prevent him from running but if he runs he's very likely to get re-elected.

There was a real dump Bush movement in the GOP when H.W. ran for re-election. That's one of the reasons he lost and it cost the GOP 2 terms of Bill Clinton.

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think his declining mental acuity and his age are going to be serious hurdles to him being reelected. Throw in the fact that the economy will probably still be in the crapper, I say his chances are more like 20 - 80. I guess we shall see.

Section 336 and Acad23 like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

People are dug in. If its Trump v. Biden again, Lord help us, it would probably yield similar results. Its not like people are out there "hmm I've never heard of this Trump fella, I wonder what he's about"

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Disagree. Keeping politics out of it I think he won't even run in 24. Health issues will prevent that.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like others have said... he's just too damn old. He's already diminished... I don't think he'll make it through this term.

Would you vote for him in '24 if he ran against, let's say... Ron DeSantis?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Very much so. DeSantis is a neo-fascist who looks much less threatening only because he's acting against the background of Trump. If he was out in the sunshine by himself he'd have no chance at all to get elected.

This is part of the problem that Trump poses. Because he is so extreme he makes others near him look less so. Case in point Steve Bannon who is just to the left of Hitler.

papapump and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Interesting take... reminds me of the way chubby girls hang out with hot girls to snare their rejects.

I would like to see Klobuchar as the candidate.
    I think she's a decent person with the chops to run the country properly... well, as properly as a Democrat can... :confused:

NYJetsO12 and Br4d like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If you’re the human being Joe Biden, why the fuck would you want to run again? Wouldn’t you rather doze off at 3:30 and slobber on your recliner after the early bird special than deal with this shit?

He hit the top of his career and became President. Go enjoy Delaware man.

NYJetsO12, BrowningNagle and JetBlue like this.
  9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought that about the last old guy who spent every weekend golfing but for some reason being the president of the United States is an attractive job, go figure

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Being able to occasionally hang a medal around the neck of a fresh-smelling 16 year old economics student makes it all worth it.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

JetBlue likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He needs to stay in power long enough to provide the Deep State swamp creatures that magically materialized out of the ether during the Obama administration with enough time to scrub up their slime trails of corruption and grift. Duh. Anyone with access to the internet knows this.

And you call yourself a Republican.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Wherever there is objective truth, there is satire.
    -Wyndham Lewis

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I’m about to go back into the mode that none of these schmucks deserve my vote. The Republican Party is prepared to try to fight the Democrats by turning this into a society governed by evangelists.

Roe v. Wade being overturned is just the tip of the iceberg according to Thomas. He’s targeting gay marriage, birth control, and more with the same premise.

And these things are really backing society up 30 years and might truly propel us into civil war.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Seems like that's the plan...

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Republicans win because they have one issue voters who don't give a crap about the ethics of the politicians they vote for to drive their agenda. Most don't care if a republican politician cheats or has had abortions, they are a vessel for the change they want.

Democrats lose because they have 0 direction. They have a group of people who share values, but not particularly on all issues they try to juggle opinions on. They also have more expectations, to a fault, of the politicians they vote for which also don't align across the party. They also, of late, can't govern themselves out of a paper bag and have 0 leaders everyone wants to rally around other than "beat this Republican."

I wouldn't be shocked to see gay marriage rights taken away, but at a pace that people won't still be angered about roe v Wade and rally. The Republican party plays the political game about 100x better than Democrats. They have to for survival because they are not the majority.

#257 JackBower, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ha

I live like 5-10 minutes away from him in Wilmington.....beautiful neighborhood with Parks and Private Schools

Before that I had another home near Lewes DE where Biden has his beach home

Friend of mine met him at Cape Henelopin state park bike trails right before he took his spill :eek:

He can also have fun watching Univ Delaware football>>produced more NFL QBs than Ohio State!

19. Jonathan_Vilma

We’re at a major inflection point in politics where either party has the opportunity to dominate the country if they’d just move to the center and be reasonable. 10% of the countries citizens are radical to the right, 10% of the countries citizens are radical to the left and the rest of us are stuck in the middle forced to choose a side and both are shitty choices at this point.

The Democrats are focused on forcing kids to choose to be transgender and have their citizens wait for the government to give them a ten step guide on brushing their teeth before they do it while the Republicans are pushing us to being a theocracy circa the 1850s while waging war on new technology and anything that progresses society forward.

It’s fucking ridiculous at this point.

Amaru, JetBlue, FJF and 3 others like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I think people can Vote on these issues in November if I am not mistaken

Republican are looking to have a Red wave in the Fall elections...it still might happen but those 2 issues : abortion and guns.. might give most voters pause even with this terrible inflation if right wing conservatives encourage the Republican platforms to push / impose this type of ideology

I am a pretty spiritual and faith based person ..but I leave people alone who decide on interracial , gay marriage or getting an abortion

Women's rights and medical health will be affected badly by the Roe decision...personally I believe there is no real life until after 3 months. No life so no Karma to be played out. Up till that point , it's the mothers decison / karma to decide on an abortion or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.