It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Got a link to that poll?

Frankly I'm surprised Trump has any sort of meaningful base at this point.

Still... the Dems need to come up with a viable candidate that can defeat Trumpism soundly...

FJF likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Feds raided Jeffrey Clark's home today. Clark was the only US attorney willing to go to battle for Trump's bogus, anti-American election conspiracy. Trump tried to install him as attorney general before January 6th. Maybe there will be an arrest or something for this guy eventually

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Dore 24? He might be a pothead comedian, but he's willing to point out how Dems aren't trying to pass transformative legislation. The DNC will never let him win, but he'd have a ton of populist appeal. Imagine if he ran as the People's Party candidate....

bicketybam likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He's joked about it... even his show intro has clips from "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"...

I don't think he'd get enough traction... or be able to navigate the process and build a coalition.

Much as I like him... he doesn't have the gravitas the office demands.

Now Matt Christiansen on the other hand... :rolleyes:

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Biden needs to take one from the team and just not run again. And Kamala should bow out as well.

Personally I think if Harris wasn't an absolute train wreck the plan was for Bidem to not seek reelection and have Harris run on 2024 (woman and a woman of color.) But that plan went out the window when it became apparent that Harris was as dumb as a stump. She's totally 100% unelectable.

stinkyB, Jonathan_Vilma and Acad23 like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ill take it a step further and say their grand plan was to install her after the 2022 mid terms as Biden steps back for health reasons. But it’s just too obvious that maybe a country like NK or China might try to bomb us or something if they saw that idiot in power.

Luckily the Democrats aren’t that stupid.

The Republicans need to defeat Trumpism more than the Democrats do. The Democrats ran maybe one of the only candidates and least trustworthy candidates that could’ve lost to Trump in 2016.

And the Republicans are threatening to turn around and do the same thing in 2024 if they don’t step in and give DeSantis the nod.

The Republicans could run Barney and win in 2024. They might lose if Trump runs.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't know much about Matt. You think he could build a coalition and govern?

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Naw... it was more of pointing out that he has a great talent for cutting through the bullshit policies that government foists upon us.

Check out some of his videos... they're usually about 15 mins. long.
    He also does a good live broadcast on youtube with a hot smart-ass blonde...

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Still... the Dems need to come up with a viable candidate that can defeat Trumpism soundly...[/QUOTE]

Go google NY Times with this Link:

"New Hampshire Poll Points to Trouble for Trump; Growing Support for DeSantis17 hours ago"

Not sure Trump will even be a candidate after Jan 6th hearings..do you?

Biden sucks..but there's just too much hate for Trump

#230 NYJetsO12, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think this was the plan, too. Shitty plan, but a plan nonetheless. It's inconceivable to me that the Dems haven't groomed anybody who could run nationally since Obama.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

sadly, it's obviously very conceivable....

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There are certain Republicans who I would never vote for at this point >>>Trump Matt Goetz Taylor Green at the top of the Alt Right Anti Democratic circle

For Dems >>>not a snowballs chance in hell I vote for that joke K Harris or Leftist AOC

Some of the opinions on TGG hardly represent how the bulk of Dems Repubs and Independents feel imo

And that will be someone who is Moderate from either party who believes in Democray and not is approaching senility heh

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They had Amy Klobuchar. They blew that choice completely due to the outrage over police actions and the fact that Klobuchar was the DA in a district that had several of those actions - albeit not at the time the actions occurred.

The Democrats are like the Palestinians right now - they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

I believe Klobuchar is their strongest 2024 candidate at this point after Biden.

All the rightwing talking points about Biden omit the fact that he is the favorite to run and win in 2024. The President in a down economy in the second year of his first term generally goes on to win re-election because the economy is cyclical and what goes down now generally is rising 2 years hence.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

I always liked Klobuchar

I dont think a woman will ever be president in my lifetime though. I guess maybe if Joe dies and Kamala takes the oath, that would technically prove my theory wrong, maybe I should amend it to say a woman will never be elected president in my lifetime

16. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

No 5 trumps empathy not

17. Br4d

If a Black man could get elected a woman can get elected. I expect I have maybe 6 more Presidential elections in me and I'll be shocked if a woman does not get elected to the Presidency in that time frame. I'd volunteer for Klobuchar in 2023 if she ran. I haven't worked in a campaign in 52 years now and I'd work for her.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Well I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it. Women don't vote for women, that makes it like much harder for them to win

19. Br4d

This is definitely not true. Women supported Hillary by a 54-42 margin in the 2016 election.

The real argument is that Men won't support a female candidate. However I think that's partly a function of the candidate in this case. Men generally hated Hillary. I would not have voted for her if the alternative had not been Donald Trump.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I can agree on Klobuchar... but she's been keeping a low profile it seems.

But there's not a chance in hell that Biden can win in '24...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.