Robert Saleh on Rich Eisen Show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good listen. Hope this year will be exciting and competitive till the end.

2. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Was just gonna post this but nice. Saleh is a players coach, I just hope he improves year by year.

Jojo likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Please no one use that stupid brick wall analogy

cval likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

6. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

As much as i like Saleh and feel as though he's on the right track, he MUST show results this season. There's simply too much talent on this team to view 4-13 as acceptable. If he goes 8-9? I view that as acceptable and anything above that means he's having a good coaching year. But 6 wins? Like a lot of people claim? That's unacceptable. They MUST be playing at least a few meaningful games in December and 6 wins does NOT provide for that.....

James Hasty, Jojo and Acad23 like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... it's time to get some results from this team.

8 wins should be the bottom line.
    If they can't reach that... changes need to be made in the coaching staff.

Jojo likes this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Jets go from 2 wins to 4 wins to 7 wins and you are firing Saleh?

I cant get behind that especially if they play close in their losses. Now if they are getting blown out in their losses and the reason is because the defense is atrocious, then I would look to replace the DC, not the HC.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who said anything about firing Saleh?
    I actually had Ulbrich in mind.

I think our biggest problem in the upcoming season will be the defense.

Kwon!... where you at?

Jojo likes this.
  10. Brook!

Nope. This is cop out.

I don't care if we win 7 or 8 games. But if Jets defense looks poor and doesn't seem like they belong in a lot of games, I want Saleh gone yesterday. He came to this team with his Defensive qualities. Ulbrich, Schmulbrich. If he can't fix defense in his second year after this talent infusion, we need another Head Coach.

phubbadaman likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

@Brook! layin' da wood!

Defense win championships!

12. bicketybam

Oof, I don't know Brook. Firing a HC after 2 years when the team has played hard for him is a bad look. If the defense looks terrible and he refuses to change DC's then I get it. But Saleh wasn't hired to make the Jets into the '85 Bears. He was hired to be the captain of the ship. We saw what happened when we had head coaches that focused on only one side of the ball (see Gase, Adam and Ryan, Rex.) I want my HC to manage the overall team and not be a glorified OC or DC.

Now being the overall manager he would need to recognize when his coordinators are not getting the job done and when they need to be replaced. Ulbrich gets a little leash because the defensive talent last year was absolute garbage. Now that (hopefully) Lawson is back and the addition of JJ, Sauce and the FA secondary signings, we should be much improved on defense even though we are thin at LB and safety.

I never expected nor wanted Saleh to come in and be a defensive guru. I wanted him to be the anti-Gase and have a handle on the whole team.

13. Brook!

Look. I don't want Jets to be '85 Bears. In 2021 season, Jets were in bottom 5 in many defensive categories. If same thing happens and Offense carries team in 2022, it is clear we need a new coach. If jets defense is middle of the pack, then I will pull out my objection for him. A repeat of 2021 defensive performance is not acceptable in my book bickety.

Jojo likes this.
  14. Brook!

I spend my money to this team as a season ticket holder. I deny my teenage boys a Sunday with their father during NFL Sunday. Honestly, if I am invested this much, my leash for mediocrity is short. Wish I was a living room, couch potato Jets fan. But nope. I go to Florham Park every single year to training camp. I go to Preseason games. I go to games as a season ticket holder. 12 years of mediocrity. Enough is enough. Show me something or get the hell out.

15. bicketybam

Oh I agree. A repeat of 2021's defensive disaster is not acceptable. If it even get close to it being that bad, Ulbricht should be sent packing mid season. A great manager of a team makes those changes especially if he feels the personnel is playing below expectations.

Saleh was a first time head coach. I'm sure you could go back and look at guys like BB, Tomlin and Reid and find things that they fucked up their rookie seasons. I'm not one of those guys that says you shouldnt hire a rookie head coach because all the greatest head coaches in history were rookies once.

Jojo, CotcheryFan and Brook! like this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I thought you cancelled your season tickets…

17. Brook!

I didn’t renew them yet but will do if I don’t receive the tickets you thought you could send. :)

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is a 6 win team talent-wise. I remember the last time we went through this with Bowles. He was a far better coach than Maccagnan was a GM, yet because Jets fans overrate their players, they convinced themselves Bowles was the problem.

Jets81, JetsNation06, cval and 3 others like this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We probably all can agree this season means a lot to see where the franchise is headed. I also think most of us really like the personalities of our HC and GM - something we have not had since Rex/ Tanny. Many others here have tempered expectations because of the perceived hard schedule. And of course, not knowing if Zach is the one. My belief is that we have the pieces in place to become a winning team, but, it's hard to expect all this year's rookies to excel right off. BUT it is possible. The gaping holes are closing up fast. I feel damn good about it. We can easily be a WC contender this season. I don't buy the 5 or 6 win team stuff. I'm thinking 7 + maybe even 9.

#19 LogeSection2RowJ, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’ll send you some tickets but you can’t use “I’m a season ticket holder” as a caveat for wanting to change coaching if we’re not as good as you want, as quickly as you want.

Luckily I think it’s a moot point and there will be very few doubters by the bye week.

Did you say you wanted a preseason game or just regular season?