It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The pink pussy hat movement was full on ridiculous

FJF likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

By what standards?
    He wasn’t executed for treason but he also wasn’t exonerated. I would assume if it were revealed to be a “bunch of bullshit” he would have been exonerated.

But seriously, if you’re mad about the Dems abusing their power with the whole Russian thing you must be livid about trump abusing his power with the whole storming the capitol thing.

“2 Failed impeachment attempts” - you know he was impeached 2x right? “2 successful impeachments”

Ralebird likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I feel you on the first point.

On the second dude? The representatives of the US government conducted a 2.5 year witch hunt based on a fraudulent document that didn’t result in anything but millions of dollars and time wasted. Your point is not incorrect, but the point I’m making is that what happens spans far behind just some people saying not my President.

Not to mention all the media coverage ramming the guilty verdict of being a foreign agent down everyone’s throat.

4. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Meh.

What we have then is not now Vilma..Trump now heads a Criminal Enterprise that was out to to fraud an entire country into believing he "won " the last election

Today the MAGA Republicans are just plain Fascists >>they Bully intimidate and threaten other fellow Republican election officials with violence

You bickey Jet blue and other may have come from Germanic and Authoritarian homes and I get that

So be my guest ...go hop on the next plane to Hungary with Tucker Carlson and go live there

But keep your Autocracy out of MY USA!

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

completely absurd. The special council investigation resulted in criminal charges against 34 individuals, 3 companies, 8 guilty pleas and a conviction for the 1 criminal who took it to trial. These are facts showing it is false to say it "didn't result in anything"

KingRoach, Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Back to the topic of the thread

At yesterday's hearing they played clips from Trump's call to the Georgia Secretary of State & election certifier, Brad Raffensperger.

We already know how Trump "asked" him to find 11,000+ votes to declare him the winner but Trump also "asked" him to come out and declare the Georgia election results to be fraudulent.
    --

When Raffensperger told Trump there was no criminal fraud and that its an accurate count of the votes, Trump responded with this:

Trump: "I watched you this morning and you said well, there was no criminality, but I mean, all of this stuff is — is very dangerous stuff. When you talk about no criminality, I think it's very dangerous for you to say that"

--

Threatening a government official? How else can you interpret that? Why would it be "dangerous" for an election official to certify an election result?

KingRoach and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but these accounts of decent people, including many Republicans and their families, being bullied, harrassed, and charged with uspeakable acts by thousands of ignorant toads and their wanna-be-dictator toad leader turns my stomach. What the hell is America coming to?

KingRoach, Ralebird, papapump and 2 others like this.
  9. Dierking

My pet theory, with not a shred of evidence in support mind you, is that someone somewhere high up in the government was nervous Hillary might expose something damaging to them and James Comey's last minute revelations were meant as a warning for her not to get too frisky once in office. Only it worked too well and they had a much bigger problem now.

Br4d likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Comey's actions do seem inexplicable in the larger context.

If you look at what happened it's almost unbelievable that a sitting FBI Director put his thumb that heavily on the scale just a few weeks out from an election. That was the big no-go for decades and it fell away in a moment.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The biggest thing to realize is that Republican, GOP, Conservative, these are just brands now with no deeper value. The collapse of the old GOP began in 2007 with the escalations in Iraq and a doubling down on a completely illegitimate war that they owned. By 2010 you couldn't run as a Neo-con and hope to get elected anywhere. Conservative and Liberal areas were hostile and there just aren't enough voters outside those two factions to get elected.

We're in at least the second evolution of the Republicans post 2007 at this point with the Tea Party giving way to the Trumpists. Odds are good we'll go through another evolution before the party stands a chance of regaining it's own brand. If America is particularly unlucky Republicans will be in constant evolution with no brand sticking for long. That's the path to real extremism.

The Dems should have moved right after Obama's election and deprived the GOP of room to rally. It was the logical move from an electoral standpoint, completing the Clinton transition begun in the early 90's. However instead they decided to squat over as much political terrain as they could and when Bernie Sanders saw this he joined the party and made their position completely untenable.

Right now both major parties are inadequate to America's needs and incapable of reforming in ways that would correct the situation. There is no great national leader on the scene or likely to emerge around which the body politic can rally. My 96 year old father is pretty sure we're already in the opening stages of a civil war.

joelip, NYJetsO12 and stinkyB like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

I liked your Post my friend but no disrespect to Dad I am always a half vs half empty glass of water

I pray >>> no civil war!! I really do hope after these hearings most Republicans have a Come to Jesus moment

Br4d likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

This will become a RICO investigation against the Trump Crime Mob

They will charge them with Racketeering to threaten trick and scheme against the US Government itself !!!

Just unheard of ...the evidence will all be laid out

Prediction: Trump will try to make Eastman the Fall guy...but the Justice Dept will charge Eastman and the other "capos" like Meadows or other inner circle with such severe charges they flip on their boss

Stay tuned

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

joelip and FJF like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That might be their best song.

stinkyB and bicketybam like this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C'mon... not even close. :mad:

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dude, that song is phenomenal, and the cool hand Luke clip in the beginning….. love that song.
    In the spirit of compromising I will allow mr brownstone to enter the conversation

Acad23 and bicketybam like this.
  18. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I hope we're not so stupid as to fail to recognize that our greatness and prosperity lie in our ability to come together and adhere to principles of justice and equality rather than in breaking every rule and starting civil wars to get our way.

19. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. The lyrics are great. I especially liked:

"But still the wars go on as the years go by
    With no love of God or human rights
    'Cause all these dreams are swept aside
    By bloody hands of the hypnotized
    Who carry the cross of homicide
    And history bears the scars of our civil wars
    I don't need your civil war
    It feeds the rich while it buries the poor."

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Dierking

And you guys rag on Joe Biden for being a fossil.

stinkyB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.