Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He could have saved himself a lot of time and money, and just hung out with Bob Kraft instead. He knows the spots.
    That way even if you are caught literally in the act, the NFL will still look the other way also.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Robert Kraft may be the best friend DeShaun Watson ever had and he didn't even have to hang out with him. The NFL set a precedent when it declined to take action against Kraft even after he had been hit with a criminal charge (that was later dropped when the judge threw out the videotape evidence).

3. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The case with Robert Kraft involved a string of law enforcement missteps from the get-go and the NFL knew it was going to quickly unravel. The moment the judge in the Kraft case prohibited prosecutors from using secretly recorded sex videos was the final nail.

A 77 year old widower getting a happy ending hand job vs. a serial abuser? Night & day.

5. Ralebird

There are allegations but no evidence that Watson has abused a single person. That was instrumental in there being no criminal prosecutions in any of the cases. A happy ending has the same definition for a 77 year old widower as it does for a 26 year old single man. Disparate punishment for alleged offenses of the Personal Conduct Policy would make any claimed violation unenforceable.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

There weren't 24 pending cases against Kraft. More to the point there was never a question of untoward aggressiveness by Kraft or coercion on his part.

Watson? Once...twice....a coincidence....three times.....a pattern.......ten times........fifeteen times.........twenty times.........and counting?.............ah, my bad....why it's obvious that EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is a lying golddigger.........either that or.........to hell with that misogynistic son of a bitch who should never see the light of day....

#metoo

7. Ralebird

You can add two more tomorrow but that does not produce a shred of evidence, it produces nothing more than additional allegations. The PCP policy focuses on criminal charges of which there are zero against Watson while they did exist against Kraft. The policy states that a conviction is not necessary to punish infractions. It does not directly address non-criminal claims. The language in that policy will be parsed and examined as closely as that in the second amendment.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Ben Roethlisberger: no charges filed - suspended.

Ezekiel Elliott: no charges filed - suspended.

9. Ralebird

Inconsistency in the enforcement of the Personal Conduct Policy does not work in favor of the NFL.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Thank god It's the Browns and not the Jets that are going to have to navigate this mess to it's ugly conclusion.

Since1969 likes this.
  11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It seems like the NFL and public as a whole sees a difference between soliciting a prostitute and sexually harassing women by treating every massage therapist like a prostitute.

Since1969 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

It seems like the NFL and the public as a whole has done nothing to reach a consensus. Claims of lawyers and their clients conceived with a payday in mind do not create an evidentiary pattern of anything.

13. KingRoach

Refresh my memory, what proof was their in the Harvey Weinstein case?

14. Ralebird

Refresh mine - when was Harvey Weinstein subject to the NFL Personal Conduct Policy?

15. KingRoach

No, no he was not.

Your turn.

*Never mind. I went back and read the thread and it appears you once again have no idea what your talking about and are spinning uncontrollably trying to hide that fact. I don’t have time to make fun of you rn. I’ll do my best to get back to this later.

#175 KingRoach, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    joe likes this.
  16. KingRoach

O

#176 KingRoach, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Please do get back to it when you have time. It been an enjoyable read

joe likes this.
  18. Ralebird

So, you got nothin'?

19. KingRoach

Sorry, it hasn’t been atop my list. I really don’t want to trek through you and GAGs post. You have a bad habit of not reading a post right and going off and GAG has a habit of saying something… then denying he said it.

My post was about the public as a whole and the NFL possibly seeing a difference between Kraft soliciting a prostitution and having an apparent pattern of sexually harassing massage therapists he finds on Instagram.

As usual, your reply didn’t seem to have anything to do with my post or reality.

-You imply the court of public opinion hasn’t reached a consensus, which is just laughable.

- You volunteer that testimony of the alleged abusers doesn’t constitute an “evidentiary pattern” of anything

+ Evidentiary pattern? The PCP mentions an “evidentiary hearing”. If anyone is curious, I’ve copied a definition below.

An evidentiary hearing is a legal court proceeding that involves eyewitness testimony, given under oath, that's relevant to the case.

Kinda sounds exactly like people testifying under oath is literally exactly the kind of thing they’re going to be taking very seriously.

On a side note, I believe Weinstein was convicted on just testimony. Was your snarky non-answer suggesting the Criminal court has a lower standard than the NFL.

I hope it was worth the wait. If you want me to pepper in some insults lmk and I’ll come back and do some edits when i’m in a better mood.

Or just reply with something stupid, I’ll just reply to that.

joe likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Watson is really stuck here. If he settles the existing cases that will encourage more women to file suit against him. If he chooses to go to trial the process will drag out for quite a long time and during that period the odds are pretty good more women will come forward as the trials occur. In any case he is going to be the poster child for coercion of freelance female masseuses to sexual acts.

The only thing he really has going for him is the younger generation's general hostility towards suppression of sex workers. Even that isn't going to help all that much because alongside the changing mores on sex workers are strong currents of protecting said workers from abuse and at least some of the suits have alleged abusive behavior from Watson in the course of procuring or trying to procure sex favors.

The NFL is also stuck. No right moves for them until the disposition of the cases is resolved and lots of peril if they make the wrong moves. Probably the wisest move for the league at this point is to effectively suspend Watson with pay until the cases are resolved. This would involve putting Watson on the Reserve/Commissioners Exempt list. The way Watson's contract is structured at the moment the pay will not be much and so the Browns are unlikely to resist the move.

It's a mess and the odds are pretty good that the Browns deeply regret the trade at this point.