2nd Phase of OTA's start today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 23, 2022.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Hey in troll world that means he's fat. I mean it says Becton and big. What more evidence do you need...

bicketybam, FJF, Noam and 1 other person like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

From Cimini today:

"[Becton] wasn't wearing a brace or a sleeve on his knee. I'm not going to guess on his weight, but 'svelte' isn't the word that comes to mind"

3. BrowningNagle

the guy wasn't trolling

4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Haha only in some weird SOJ world duds the Addams and Williams trades equal chaos. And dropping dead weight Bell.

I would venture to guess the average roster turnover in the NFL is like 30 percent per year. This is such a bad take.

Omg the jets let Crowder, Maye and Shell walk in FA? Chaos braahhhh

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If it's not trolling then it's being totally out of touch with reality. He even goes on to cite Le'Veon Bell as one of the "stars" he let go or traded. Can you get a worse take than that?

Remember, this is the guy that wanted to trade a first round pick for Jimmy G. And then it was Baker Mayfield. He's lost in space.

6. BrowningNagle

I never said I wanted to trade a 1st round pick for either guy you dumbass. Dont put words in my mouth. Kiss my ass

7. BrowningNagle

chaos is having to play practice squad guys on Sundays because the actual NFL players you listed (cherry picking my list) were sent packing

how many times did we see practice squad players this past season? Am I wrong. Austin Walter looked good tho. Elijah Riley- not so much

#347 BrowningNagle, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. bicketybam

You wanted to trade for both guys. Did you think we could get them for a 6th?

Just stop already. Some guys are good at playing the "Darksider." You fucking suck at it. There needs to be some basis in reality.

KingRoach, Nyjets4eva, cval and 2 others like this.
  9. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Never thought that Neville bloody Hewitt would be used in argument against JD.

Neville Hewitt.

Are you ok? Do you need to catch up on some sleep?

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Lon Chaney, K'OB, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t get your chaotic talk track at all. Letting players go…ESPECIALLY players who are not cornerstones or foundational pieces for the future vision of the team…is not chaos. In fact I would argue that it’s the OPPOSITE of chaos. It’s called a PLAN. A VISION. I would argue Mac was chaos….grasping for straws signing players at non premium positions to huge deals.

are you seriously going to call JD out for trading away Leo (a good but not dominant player), Bell (who didn’t do jack shit here or anywhere else afterwards), and Adams (who while a very good player was not a difference maker) for whom we got two first round picks? If THATS your criticism then we are just never going to agree on this one….I look at those as pretty good moves, not evidence of chaos. SMH on this one.

of the other guys we let walk…are you seriously going to hang your hat on letting guys like Robbie or Hewitt or Shell or Beachem go? Really? Some of them (Maye is the best of them) are decent players, but none of them are great players or foundational guys. I like Crowder I think he’s underrated, and Beachum was replaced by Fant and/Moses, both of whom are younger and as good or better. Not sure calling out Jenkins or any of these guys is the hill to die on.

with respect to the names on Sunday sure we were playing off the street practice squad guys when we lost so many to injury…the only injury prone player I would criticize JD on is Lawson as he had a history….I get JDs thinking on taking a risk for a young up and coming player at a critical position, but he did have injury flags. But that’s why he didn’t get the mega contract. The other guys…neither Corey Davis nor Moore nor Becton had significant injury histories….though Becton maybe should have caused pause just due to his size. So again, to me this is not any indication of chaos or a GM grasping at straws…this is the reality of a roster tear down that didn’t have quality starters let alone depth being exposed due to a significant run of injuries. If you want to hold onto that as a sign of chaos, then again we will never agree.

so again…I don’t see chaos in any of this. I just think we have a different take on this.

to get to your final point about the record, that’s just a matter of context and approach. I think it’s been pretty clear that JD took a six year deal because he knew this was a bad roster that would have to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up thanks to years of piss poor drafting and free agency fuck ups. The goal was never to realistically win 8-10 games in years 1 or 2…if you were looking for a one year turnaround then I can get your frustration but we’ve tried quick fixes before…they don’t often work. That wasn’t JDs plan.

A more valid discussion to me would be when SHOULD we expect a winning team? Is it 2022? 2023? To me, this is year 2 of the rebuild…JDs first year was taking over a bad team with a bad coach (we ALL saw that coming…unbelievable that our stupid owners rushed to hire Gase) that JD didn’t hire and couldn’t fire because the coach reported to Johnson.

but to call out JD as having no plan and just working in chaos makes NO sense to me…

11. BrowningNagle

Hewitt’s a solid role player, durable and cheap

Delshawn Phillips is presently a starting linebacker on this Jets defense

who? Yeah I know

12. bicketybam

Just stop

No reason to even ridicule you. You do that yourself.

Nyjets4eva and Jets79 like this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

After reading some of the arguments in this thread I have to ask is there some kind of super unknown prize and competition for being the dumbest poster on the forum if not the entire internet? That is the only reasonable explanation for some of these posts.

But absent my little joke I would remind people that he is only making these posts for attention. The best thing to do would be to put him on ignore and not give him the attention that he is trying so hard to get.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Folk. BrowningNagle is a long time poster who was never ever crossed a line before. Him having an unpopular take doesn’t make him troll. We don’t have over 100 posters posting daily here anymore. Being called troll is very off putting. Do you really want to run out a long time poster by calling him troll constantly?

BN… My friend, I would drop the chaos talk really. :)

Honestly, it takes away from your credibility :(

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

16. JetsCuseYanksFan

All trolls need to be off pudding. Because they are fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Hopkins and Ramsey would be good compares for Garrett Wilson and Sauce too. I picked Cooper Kupp for Garrett since Kupp led the league in catches, yards, and TDs. Kupp was the #1 WR in the NFL last season. If Garrett becomes the next #1 WR in the NFL, then Joe Douglas' draft would be a success!

My point was that Joe drafted 4 kids who each have the potential of becoming the best in the league at their positions. So he has a 4 in 1 chance of drafting a superstar, which would give his draft gold star. Maybe 4 gold stars!

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you don’t know who he is, look him up. You’ll find he’s not a starting linebacker for us.

19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes…he’s not being mean or condescending or rude to anyone. I totally don’t get his take on this as it just comes across as a very stupid take with the chaos talk and the W-L record for a rebuilding team and then the final straw is using players like Hewitt or Jenkins being let go as some sort of indictment….just bad takes all around. I half believe he himself doesn’t believe it and is just talking stupid shit to stir up conversation….

anyway, I love coming here and having great back and forth discussions…I don’t mind arguing different points of view as long as they are rational and people aren’t rude or nasty….

but this whole line of thought in this case just makes no sense at all and is seriously just such nonsense which is why so many posters are just jumping all over it.

but credit to BN he never got personal or insulting or rude….

I’ll have those talks all day lomg

20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I was just teasing based on draft position and shooting for the moon.

I think someone said it takes 3 (good) drafts to rebuild a team. 2022 was like 2 drafts rolled into one. We are going to be fun to watch this year and a force on the field by the end of the year

Footballgod214, Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.