NY Rangers General Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by Losmeister, Jan 14, 2021.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Something like 2M AAV. I'd love to get him on a 4 year, 2M AAV deal. He's the type of depth that good teams need.

2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

interesting...

3. NYJFOREVER

I think Kakko gets offer sheeted by a team like the Habs that can afford to give him top 6 minutes and pp1 minutes to just play and develop.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to be an interesting off-season for the Rangers. Lots of young talent and more on the way in the pipeline and a constrained cap at the moment.

5. Losmeister

for me, your post is super detailed... and i am not so sure just any pther guy comes in and produceds as well as vatrano did... but ... i dunno, maybe you are correct?
    and i liked copp too... it seemed they both prodcued

6. NYJFOREVER

They both produced, 100%. I'd like to have them both back, but it's about money.

Copp is going to command 5.5-6M a year; not sure I want to commit to that or if he's worth that.

Vatrano is a pair of quick hands with a quick shot -- Frank's been traded 2x at the deadline, once for a 3rd round pick and the other for a 4th round pick -- That's nothing. Guys like him are a dime a dozen.

7. Losmeister

again, interesting.
    Vatrano, dime a dozen .. i didnt know that... havent been following the league v. closely at all.

8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I have to agree. We have no idea who will be available at the trade deadline next year. Who knows who they can get?

9. Br4d

Part of the Rangers run this year was almost absurdly good injury luck. Nobody out for the season and the really important players getting back on the ice fairly quickly after injuries.

No guarantee that luck is going to repeat next season. I think the Rangers really need to think about their depth at this point. They have major depth at defense and not so much up front. Maybe it is time to move a promising young defenseman for a RW with some growth potential.

10. NYJFOREVER

We are getting Kravtsov back which helps with RW depth. I also anticipate Lafreniere is going to be playing RW going forward so he can play with Kreider and Mika (even though I think Kreider should move since his game is in front of the net).

Nils Lundqvist and Kakko might be packaged for a 2C

11. Br4d

The Rangers actually have a 2C on the roster aside from Strome in Copp. They just didn't use him that way after the acquisition.

12. NYJFOREVER

Copp is a free agent.

I'm looking at Paul Stastny for a 2C/3C role with the team. Get him on a 2x2 deal and put Chytil on the 2nd line.

Kreider -- Mika -- Lafreniere
    Panarin -- Chytil -- Kakko
    Goodrow -- Stastny -- Kravtsov

Unknown for 4th. I really don't think Strome or Copp are core members of this team going forward and if you give them term around 3 or 4 years, they become a part of the core. Projections for Strome are 4x7 and Copp is 4x5.5. No thanks on both.

13. Br4d

Hadn't really thought about it until now but Zibanejad really stepped up on face-offs during the playoff run. If he has figured that part of the game out he is easily a top 10 center overall.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I saw all the exit interviews and Vatrano and Strome really want to be back.

Motte is the one most want back but he is gone, he gotta get paid and as a grinder this is his shot.

We need shoot first guys so I see us resigning Vatrano. The decision is Strome or other C vs. Copper.

We may get priced out by others for Copp but he has his buddy Trouba on the team and loved being here. Trouba should take a pay cut to fit Copp in.

Strome only should be back on a pay cut...Kakko I hope resigns on a fair deal

15. Br4d

Just spitballing here but the Rangers goals scored the last 5 years have been 231, 227, 234, 176(56 games)=257, 254.

The first two years were without Panarin and the last three with him. Overall goal scoring is up but is it up enough to justify the contract? I mean Adam Fox has become a thing over the up years also and it is possible that Panarin is just shifting goals around for the Rangers as opposed to creating them.

His first year with Rangers this was not the case but the goals totals the last couple of years have not been all that impressive and there's an argument that what the Rangers need out of him is actual goals not large assist totals.

16. NYJFOREVER

Panarin is a 100 point player and almost put up 30 goals this season. Is his contract huge? Yeah, definitely. He was a FA though, which is why it’s higher.

17. Losmeister

glad its not us getting hammered 7-0 in the finals

18. HackettSuxTNG

Apparently the Rangers are getting a lot of offers for K'Andre Miller. It would have to be something special for me to want to trade him.

19. Br4d

I wouldn't let go of Miller unless the Rangers got a good scoring RW or C back in return.

The Rangers have a very good young defense at this point. There's no point in breaking it up without really improving the frontline. No draft picks. No interest at all in that on a team as young and talented as the Rangers are right now.

Miller, BTW, is arguably the Rangers best defenseman moving forward with no disrespect for Fox and Lindgren who are both great.

Fox, Miller, Lindgren, Schneider. When was the last time an NHL team had that much young talent on the blueline? Then you have Trouba, who is a linchpin for any defense because of his toughness and overall ability.

#1679 Br4d, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  20. HackettSuxTNG

IMHO, on the defensive side of the ice, Miller is significantly better than Fox.