Jets slogan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jedi mind tricks, Jun 6, 2022.

?

Which slogan do you prefer?

1. #JETUP

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. #JETSGO

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. They both suck

28 vote(s)
    82.4%
  4. Other (see comment)

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Joan Jett? No thanks, at best she's Lenny Kravitz with tits, i.e. her next original idea musically will be her first .... posseur skank .....pass ....

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

"Eject!! Eject!! Eject!! "

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's even worse than that. In 30 seconds an average nobody on a message board could come up with marketing and promotional concepts based on the aviation/fighter jets theme that are so far and away better than what our current dipshit front office has come up with over the last 30 years. For example, why the fuck aren't our cheerleaders wearing some form of this outfit? ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Because they're stupid, that's why.

Why isn't the fanbase branded as the Wingmen?

Why doesn't the team pick a random 20+ year season ticket holder every home game and give him a Joe Namath mink coat, some sunglasses, and a sideline pass for the game? Call him the "Jets Co-Pilot of the Game."

[​IMG]

Why don't they play the Top Gun Anthem right before kickoff every game?

Why don't they sell fighter pilot helmets for kids in Jets colors? They could include stickers so the kids could customize them and put their "call sign" on the front, like Maverick.

[​IMG]

Why don't they arrange for a military fly-by before the start of every prime time national home game? Are you telling me if right before kickoff on Monday Night Football (or before a playoff game) you played the clip of Tom Cruise requesting (and being denied) a fly-by on the scoreboard followed by a F-14 skimming the top of the stadium, the crowd wouldn't go nuts?

These are all common sense ideas that a chimpanzee could come up with. But unfortunately it would have to be a chimpanzee that gives a shit and the one thing we can be certain of is the team's ownership does not give a shit.

The last piece of good marketing this team has had was the NY Sack Exchange in the 1980s. Even Revis Island was stupid.

#43 Unhappyjetsfan, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very, very nicely done. From NY Sack Exchange to Snack exchange. Oh how we have fallen.

5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

All I can say is, thank the gods you don’t work in the Jets marketing department

Ralebird likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's a good point, its another swing and miss

They bit hard on the "New York" thing putting the city name on the jersey and incorporating black color, even though both are obsolete styles and they come with a disclaimer that they don't actually do anything in New York anyway.

they shoulda bit hard on the "Jets" concept instead, and everyone is going to lighter colors now as well, that was known before their rebranding

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Hello Ball?

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hokey X 1000.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

hmmm....not sure 'bout that

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets were marketed very well in the Rex-Sanchez era.

I still remember the closeup interviews at the Giant's Super Bowl parade in 2011. Ditzy group of teenage girls being interviewed hanging over the railings set up on lower Broadway and the reporter makes the mistake of asking which NY Giant they most wanted to see.

"MARK SANCHEZ!!!" All of them with one voice.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yeah I can concur. they were the brash “bad boys” that everyone else loved to hate.

That was a good strategy, much better than the lovable losers style we have today

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

"lovable losers"? You and I must be watching different teams. The Jets come across as boring, bland, totally inept operators on the field. Exactly the opposite of how they are marketed.

With the exception of a few plays a year they are like a steaming pile of dog poop only they don't even smell they just keep getting stepped on over and over again by everybody. With the exception of 2015 this has been true for a decade now.

Disclaimer: I work a Sunday shift that always takes the Jets game out of play except for occasional snatches when I tune the reception TV to the game. In 2019 when I thought there was still some hope I purchased a CBS streaming service so I could watch games on the PC at work. I used it maybe a half dozen times that year as the Jets had an uptick at the end of the season. I haven't used it since.

I'm hoping next year that work puts in a new policy that the reception TV has to stay on the house channel. That'll be the end of my viewership of the Jets and good riddance.

This is my official "15 years of lousy football" paper bag. It worked for the Giants fans a lifetime ago.

13. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Kick the tires & light the fires.