What stats does Zach need in 2022 to call his season a success?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 1, 2022.

1. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Josh Johnson threw for 317 yds on 27 for 41 passing when he relieved White in the Indianapolis game.
    Mike White was 7 for 11 for 95 yds which equates to 366 yds if he had thrown 27 completions. That would
    make his 3 game average 340 yds/game. I just quickly condensed the results in the previous post because
    they were close enough. If I just mix White and Johnson together and say that in the games that Wilson did
    not start, the two other QB's combined threw for (405 + 95 + 317+ 251)/3 = 356 yards a game. So now giving
    Wilson a break and excluding the NE game he did not finish, which removes 51 yds from his total, divided
    by 12 games instead of 13, that gives him 190.25 yards per game.

Another way: White had 953 yards on 132 attemps, that's 7.22 yds/attempt. Zach Wilson had 2334 yards on 383
    attempts, or 6.09 yards/attempt with the same help.

None of this changes my original point, which was that with the same help, Wilson was inferior, so you
    really can't say the help was the cause of his poor season.

Ron

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Cool story Ron.

So you wrote a 2 sentence post with easily confirmable incorrect information.

And write an essay talking about why your incorrect information doesn’t really matter.

Why not just write the original post using correct information?

Has it become so common for people to use verifiably and undisputedly incorrect information that people just don’t care anymore?

Seriously, if I can’t rely on your posts to have the most basic of basic information to be accurate, why should I or anyone take anything you say or opinion you have seriously.

It’s not just you, you certainly aren’t special.

Americans. Too stupid to care about information, too lazy to verify information and too much cowardice to do anything with information. Fucking pathetic.

#82 KingRoach, Jun 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Nyjets4eva and Noam like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

lol...

Someone's grumpy today...

4. KingRoach

It’s really the same underlying issue whether it’s the Jets or …. other current events

Noam likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling...

KingRoach likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The reason you're not sure about what you're posting about is that you're not comprehending what you read. I have never been a proponent of using stats exclusively and made very clear in my first post in this thread that stats were not what would determine Wilson's success; it's not my problem you cannot fathom the concept.

I told you that already but you continue to try to make a case based on stats, or now on ratings. Maybe if you'd tell us more about those anonymous "math nerds" someone may have the ability to talk you off the ledge you have crawled out upon. You may not be able to tell if a ball was catchable or not but that does not mean that everyone else shares your ineptitude. What is your purpose in pursuing such an odd line of questioning? One might think you were simply trying to be a pain in the ass, as your final sentence indicates. Go play your games elsewhere, Sonny.

7. Ralebird

If you really. believe that religion plays a part in any of this or subjective judgement indicates "information" you are beyond any help I could offer. You're on your own.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

LOL, The Colts were up by 40 in that game at half and played prevent most of the day. He played so great that the Jets cut him. Let's remember when Zach was out the Jets still sucked.

Patriots, Bengals, Colts, Bills, Dolphins- 1-4.

You can continue to be a troll because it really does not matter. The facts are Zach was rookie and played like a rookie. The facts are he was playing uphill when things started to slow down for him.

At the the end of the day rookie seasons are almost meaningless when it comes to predicting the success or failure of a QB. The story will be told on Zach over the next 25 games and it will be up to him to prove that he has what to takes to be an NFL QB and potential tp of the league QB.

No matter how many times you come on here and troll Zach will be the starting QB of NYJ (Barring injury) and his play will speak for itself.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't know about statistics, but Zach needs to command the offense and win games. That would be successful to me. More touchdowns than turnovers. I'm not sure about exact stats, especially if the Jets are a run-first offense with Hall and Carter.

K'OB, Brook!, cval and 1 other person like this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the notion that Zack needs to win games. What he does need to do is lead the offense to a score, preferably a TD.

11. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

This- exactly. All other stats are for the Fantasy people.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Cowardly btw, thank me anytime ;)

On another topic, are you actually not American yourself?

13. K'OB

Who did they cut?

JJ?

He was singed off our practice squad by the Ravens.

14. KingRoach

I am American, born and raised.

I think I was going for “too much cowardice” but cowardly works just as well.

K'OB likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The team can't keep losing. Meaning, as long as he does enough to get them wins, that would be good enough for me. Good enough for Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas too.

16. KingRoach

I’m completely sure about what I’m posting. I phrased it to point out you are the one changing parameters.

You switched from stats to ratings bc you don’t like stats… but the ratings are based on stats!!!

You’d rather forgo the stats for someone else’s conclusion derived from those stats? ROFL.

Ps: the odd line of questioning was me making fun of you based on the statements you made on your post.

The “you” in “you not being able to tell if a ball was catchable” was you, @Ralebird. I was making fun of you…. Based on what you put in your post. I know most people don’t read your posts but I always imagined you did. Shit, if you don’t even read your posts, there’s no reason for me to either.

#96 KingRoach, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  17. KingRoach

Wait… it sounds like your suggesting PFF is an actual religion….

This is too good, I’m going to have to screen shot this. No one is going to believe this.

K'OB likes this.
  18. K'OB

Will you stop, I'm trying to put in a garden path out back and I haven't got time to keep checking your posts lol

Are you sure you haven't any Brit in you, your sarcasm is too high for an American :p

KingRoach likes this.
  19. Ralebird

You are delusional. Your own words said you were not sure. I don't make determinations based on stats or "ratings" particularly when either is subjective. I don't have parameters and therefore don't change them. The smell test is how I gauge performance and that is what I said in my first post here. I mentioned Rotowire to counter someone else (you perhaps?) using PFF as a basis. When two different organizations attempt to measure the same unmeasurable the difference in their ratings shows the weaknesses in their systems.

You can attempt to "make fun" of anything you want as you jump all over the board like a grasshopper on speed and I can say it makes you look like an idiot child.

20. Ralebird

The entire concept of religion being introduced here was by you and now you're attempting to pin it on someone else. You need to take better care of yourself.