Deshaun Watson Traded to Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Br4d, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

First you said the NFLPA does not allow lawsuits, then you said the CBA does not allow lawsuits, now you send a link to a law firm in Minnesota where none of the parties are and the courts would not have authority; none are accurate. I have already asked you to simply support your claims by citing the section of the contract that agrees with your take that anyone is precluded from seeking redress in a court of law - that is the only thing that can support your argument. Your opinion of what any court would find is also not pertinent nor is your opinion of what constitutes a one sided contract.

Your link to the NFL paper regarding the onfield code of conduct is also irrelevant to the Watson situation.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

you have to follow it better. I know it's complicated so if you want to back out of the discussion because it's over your head that's fine. it's just a discussion, no negative feelings on my part if you do.

I never said the NFLPA doesn't. I said that the CBA doesn't and that NFL players are in a union which is the NFLPA and players themselves are independent contractors. the NFLPA has a legally binding agreement with the NFL (Which is the CBA) that binds the way the 2 of them operate with each other. this is done with lots of lawyers involved and both sides agree to abide by it. once the CBA is signed and agreed to, both the NFL and the players must abide to it. The only way a court could get involved is if one side says the other side breached it. then they could be sued for breach of contract. The CBA states how the disciplinary process goes, it doesn't allow for a court to get involved. a player suing the NFL over a disciplinary action would be a breach of the CBA and the NFL could sue them for breaching the contract but a player would never be able to and no lawyer would take it because they agreed to it.

the TLDR is a player can't sue the NFL over them being punished because they legally agreed to the process

KingRoach, joe and bicketybam like this.
  3. Ralebird

Just stop; you're making yourself look foolish. In post #134 you said that the NFLPA does not allow a player to sue, now you deny making that claim. Unless someone stole your ID you made it; you never even used the term CBA until I did to show you were wrong. You continue to make the claim "it doesn't allow for a court to get involved" but have steadfastly refused to support that claim by citing the appropriate section. You are entitled to your opinion and it appears that regardless of how much information you are given to the contrary you will hold that opinion. So be it.

joe likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

well I misspoke with the way it was worded. I forgot to add "in the CBA that the NFLPA agreed to". I missed a few words, you should be able to understand that if you had any idea what you were talking about here, but go ahead and focus on a few missed words that have been explained in length since then because you can't accept you're wrong. I had you off ignore less then 24 hours and you reminded why you were on ignore very fast and i'm not surprised. this isn't opinion it's a fact. Not my fault you can't understand basic stuff

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Calvin Ridley was suspended for the entire season. When can we expect his lawsuit?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Yes, you misspoke and denied doing so. You also linked an NFL page about onfield infractions which have nothing to do with the Watson situation and you linked to an irrelevant page by a law firm in Minnesota but you have the balls to claim I don't know what I'm talking about. You still have not identified any clause of the contract that denies a player the right to sue in court. You can have that as an opinion but you cannot support your claim.

Here's a fact for you: I don't care if you have or had me on ignore, the only thing that means is you won't see me call you out on your false claims. That won't make them real. You'd be better off in the long run learning from your mistakes instead of doubling and tripling down on them.

joe likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

The CBA is a binding agreement. do you know how law works? here i'll have judge judy explain it in simple terms

A contract doesn't state what you can't do it state terms of what is to be done. anything not stated in the contract is a breach of it. unless a contract says "if the player wants to contest it they can sue the NFL" then they can't it's that simple. so show me where in the CBA it allows a player to sue the NFL if they don't like the discipline action. If it's not in the contract, then they can't do it.

so you going to double down on your being wrong and claim judge judy is wrong too? or just accept you are wrong?

9. bicketybam

Watson wont be playing when we play the Browns. Book it.

Borat likes this.
  10. bicketybam

This is why Ridley isnt suing. Or anyone else that's been suspended.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Your using a Judge Judy episode about a used car to support your claims regarding the NFL CBA is laughable but not at all surprising. You do realize that the Judge Judy show is not a court of law, right?

It's your opinion, you might as well ride it until the wheels fall off. Don't get hurt.

12. GasedAndConfused

exactly. they can't. they have to follow the process hey agreed to. any attempt to do something outside of the contract is a breach and then they could be sued for breach of contract. the thing is it'll never happen because no lawyer would be that dumb and the NFLPA would stop the player from doing it. anyone with a basic concept of how contracts work would know this, but some people would rather be ignorant then admit to being wrong lol

13. GasedAndConfused

nope I'm just making sure everyone sees how you are :)
    show me where it says a player can sue the NFL? lol keep going please. I beg you

joe likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

....it started as a civil tête-à-tête between GasedAndConfused and Railberg....then GAC upped the ante with his "I know it's complicated...because it's over your head" swipe which was pure anathema to Railbird given the stock in trade "I'm the smartest girl in class!!" narcissism that just took an ignominious hit and which was sure to result in pure indignation........lmao!!!
    N.B. "CLICK TO EXPAND" AT THE BOTTOM OF THE QUOTES

KingRoach, FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

From there pride took a 10-8 beating.....a couple of ineffectual pitty-pat pawing swipes were met with a trio of overhand rights....boom!...boom!,,..BOOM!....boom!! (that 3rd one scored big)

[​IMG]

fun stuff and thanks for the laugh

MoWilkBeast, FJF and GasedAndConfused like this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Savatage and bicketybam like this.
  17. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Look at the amount of Masseuse he sort out. 66/17 months? This man clearly has issues.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Fry him in oil, that dissolute pos

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The best part of this is the Browns being the Browns, and voluntarily throwing themselves into another dumpster fire

Savatage, BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Would be cool if he gone for at least a year, because Browns got a steal in that trade, and it's complete BS they were able to fit him under the CAP with the roster they had, so in a way it's almost fair. Also Deshaun seems not to mind to get paid and not play, like he did last year by fucking Texans. At the same time, these are civil suits - both criminal prosecutors and attorneys agreed Deshaun is innocent to the point they didn't even try to convict him with so many women trying to roast that golden goose. With this being just about money grabbing civil suit, would NFL suspend him for that long? I am hopeful for 2 games, so he does not play us, but there could be a bonus there of one of the top QBs in the League out of AFC for entire year.