What stats does Zach need in 2022 to call his season a success?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 1, 2022.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

3 wives and no mononucleosis

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I don’t know if many of you listen to NFL Radio on Sirius XM, but I do a bunch on my drives to and from work. Anyway the other day they had Bill Lekas (who said he’s a huge Jets fan) and Mark Domenik (former Bucs GM) on in the morning and they were talking about the QBs coming into their second year like TL and Zach and Terry Lance. I always like when they have former GMs on (especially Bill Polian who built three Super Bowl teams so he clearly knows what he’s talking about).

anyway, Domenik had a few interesting things to say.

first, he said he’s had talks with Bill Walsh about how to evaluate QBs…and he said he always remembered Bills opinion that you know about a QB in a year and a half. If by the middle of his second year it hasn’t happened with a QB then there’s not much of a chance that it will click for him. Then Domenik said about Zach specifically that with the turmoil on our OL and our lack of weapons last year it’s really hard to draw a real conclusion in evaluating Zach. But with the weapons we now have that are much improved, at RB, at TE, at WR and then also on OL, this year will show a lot.

pretty much on point with most of the opinions on this board…which is nice when a professional GM kind of agrees with our general sentiment.

anyway…it was an interesting conversation

I think we all pretty much agree it’s just that some are more optimistic than others on how much Zach will improve.

for me, I’m terms of stats I’d like to see over 60% completion rate and as close to 2-1 TD to interception ratio as possible. I’d like to see at least one or two games of 300 yards where he looks like a dominant QB. Not every week, but we need to see SOMETHING special….I’d hope for over 3500 yards too

we’ll see…I expect a better QB than we saw last year…

themorey, Brook!, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Missed that convo... but yeah.... this is Zach's make or break year..imo.

Gotta make those reads and take what they give... save the heroics for late in the 4th.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

yes he did!

6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

To be honest with. Zach is the most talented QB we had in quite some time. i don’t like bringing personal into the equation, but fully question his family support structure the way his mother continued to act leading up to the season. That was very weird and hopefully it was dealt with.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Once again, I don't care about Mahomes; he has nothing to do with the bad passes that Wilson has thrown. Do the math any way you want but until Wilson stops throwing the ball into the dirt or over the receivers' heads at the rate he has the Jets won't mount a sustained successful offense. We don't know any more about the specifics used at PFF or Rotowire but both, by necessity, use subjective rather than objective criteria for such things.

8. KingRoach

Lol. I put Mahomes as a comparison. You say a number is bad, I gave an example of you giving too much importance to said number.

I appreciate your permission to do math any way I’d like but math doesn’t work like that.

And we do know the specifics used at PFF… or at least I do….

I honestly haven’t seen so many bad takes in 1 post since DWC left. #sad

cval likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

DWC was an eternal optimist though. You have to give him that.

GasedAndConfused, cval and KingRoach like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I follow him on Twitter... it's epic... :rolleyes:

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well that's an easy question

More Wins than Losses cause that means your QB is doing a lot of things right!

Ralebird likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Does he have threads of 100+ tweets?

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Twitter is the perfect platform & format for DWC...

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The number one thing Zach can do for Woody is to become the #1 Jersey seller in the entire NFL. Come to think about it could be the best thing for all of us because that is a pretty damned good measure of recognition and loyalty by the fans for demonstrated outstanding performance.

15. Ralebird

Use all the comparisons you want - none of them will answer the question asked in the title of the thread nor are they relevant to that. If you look at my first response in the thread you will see I said that stats alone don't tell the story but Wilson needs to improve his accuracy; that is far from putting "too much importance" on any number, it is the antithesis..

Math can work however someone wants to make it work unless all are operating under the same conditions - that's not happening here. You may think you know the criteria used at PFF but with so many raters involved in the process of making subjective judgements on all the players in every play of every game you will never have an objective standard. You might call one play a "drop," I may call it "uncatchable" and the next guy might call it "defensed." Which one is adopted?

To believe Mahomes has anything to do with Wilson's future stats is not a "bad take," it is ridiculous as is believing you think you know what PFF is doing and how.

KingRoach likes this.
  16. KingRoach

Replying to DWC’s batshit crazy posts brought me joy.

I also miss NCJ. It was so easy to get him going.

Ralebirds crazy is kinda missing a spark, it feels like he may have recently had a stroke.

RB: ZW will never be a success if he doesn’t clean up this stat I’m using to prove my point!!!!

Logic: But Mahomes pretty much has the same stat

RB: I don’t care about Mahomes!!

Logic: But Mahomes is successful despite having the same stat

RB: No one even knows what these stats mean!!!, it’s completely subjective!!!

Logic: We actually do know how they come up with these stats and they specifically remove subjectivity and have pre determined parameters the follow. It’s the whole point of the site

RB: You don’t understand!!! No one understands!!

FJF and Noam like this.
  17. Ralebird

The only thing PFF makes clear is they want guys who buy into their "system" to pay for higher tiers of access to their "information." They will never be able to remove subjectivity from judgement calls. It's like a religion to some, with the same idea that you "gotta keep the faith" without questioning anything.

18. KingRoach

Great post up!! Well, half of one anyway.

Not sure why you switched to rating and away from stats.

Not sure why you don’t think a bunch of math nerds would have number based standards to be their criteria….. Or better yet, why you think they lie about using said criteria.

Your world: I can’t tell if the WR dropped the ball or if it was catchable

Math World: The ball was thrown 1.2635 meters from the receiver, well within the pre determined measurements of what is considered catchable.

I’m still chuckling at your example, I can’t tell if it was a drop or uncatchable!!! Fucking ROFL. ——- Imagine working at PFF and a colleague says, “I can’t tell if this ball was dropped or uncatchable”…. Dropped implied it touched his hands…. Yeah but it was real sunny that day and the WR might have been distracted by a bird…. Sir, that’s not how this works.

PS: if you think anyone said or implied a qb from another team is going to influence ZWs stars, you should go to a doctor or a 3rd grade English teach bc you need some sort of help.

Noam likes this.
  19. KingRoach

Yeah, a religion for math nerds who love information and hate subjectivity.

Is this some sort of conspiracy theory? It’s literally the point of the site.

PFF better hope some math nerd who likes football doesn’t decide to check their numbers, we could blow this whole scandal open.

I love you put the word information in quotes. You are 100% the type of person who trusts their gut over facts.

Damn you information and math!!!! You can’t be trusted!!!!

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How did you even come across his twitter handle? Please PM me if you don’t mind? :)

Acad23 likes this.