Delusional Seahawks Beat Writer Claims Seahawks won the Jamal Adams Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Savatage, May 31, 2022.

1. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

Autoscroll.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

damn I missed that. he wasn't a bad dude but he had some issues for sure. hope he gets his shit together

Leicester Jet likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not to get into it too much but he would continually call out people for name calling and such, being very high and mighty about it, but would then turn around and start name calling.

4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

NC really upped his game the last few years and put a lot of work and research into his posts. I did not always agree with NC but I always respected his opinion because he put work and thought into forming that opinion. I think what got him was all the lazy ranting troll posters that do no work, just shoot their mouths off attacking people that actually try to make solid intelligent posts, derail threads and drown out all the thoughtful posts. While I agree NC's responses could have been a lot nicer and his passion often leads him into saying things he shouldn't have I understand why he quit. This board is infested by ignorant ranting aggressive trolls that repeat the same post after post and to make matters worse they aggressively mock the good posters that do actual work. These troll posters drive away good intelligent posters. NC was an asset to this board and despite his rough edges made it a lot better place. He is a worth a 1000 of these trolls. It is sad he let them run him off.

#24 Noam, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  5. GasedAndConfused

i'm very aware lol i got death threats in PMs form him before lol. I'm sure i got most of the brunt of his anger overall on the site.
    I get that too, but we all get trolls. I just put them on ignore personally, makes the board much cleaner to read. But not all of them are trolls either. I think he had good posts at times, he just lacked any ability to debate or have a conversation. he was dead set in whatever his thoughts were and even if you just respectfully disagreed he'd throw a huge massive fit and attack you and call you an idiot and say you know nothing about football. I mean he harassed me for over a year because I didn't like bakers film and didn't want him and baker had a solid rookie year so the whole year he would go into every comment and "brag" about how right he was on baker and how i was an idiot. literally every comment i made about anything. Now mind you sure I could have been wrong it was just my opinion on a college prospect, like if i'm wrong on one it's not a big deal but he just had to rub it in. then seasons 2 and 3 came out for baker and it was clear I was correct about him and he was actually wrong (and even more clear now lol) so he stopped finally but I didn't go back and rub it in because well it's childish and dumb IMO so his problems run deeper then trolls. I don't troll anyone and I put a lot of thought and research into my posts and i'm not saying i'm always right but I think i've at least earned that benefit of the doubt that I have a good reason to think a certain way and i'm not trolling anyone but he would still fly off the handle on me. to the point where I randomly woke up one day to death threats from him when I hadn't even talked to him or replied to posts of his for months so IDK what sparked it either. he's clearly got some mental issues beyond just getting angry at trolls.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

His biggest problem was he could not understand that someone could disagree with him without being a troll or troublemaker. He's not the only one.

ColoradoContrails and PJ4Ever like this.
  7. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

One of the things I remember most about NC:
    Some offseason, maybe 2014 or 2015-ish, there was a thread where Antonio Brown came up in discussion, relative to whatever NC was talking about. At this point, AB wasn't crazy, and he was in his prime as probably the best WR in the league. Second or third best at worst. NC had no idea who he was.

Also, didn't he not watch any Jets games or something?

abyzmul and The Waterboy like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's how he avoided familiarity bias... ;)

Smart move.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Let me preface this with the statement that I'm not a big technical kind of guy but if you read his posts from when he first got here neither was he.

If you look at his posts from when he first got here is its is a stark difference from his recent posts. You can see where he just looks at the posts here and on draft sites and tries to take a concensus view and forms his posts. It's not his view he came up with himself but just a view he thinks will be well received. If you put him in front of a screen without any other help he would be useless as far as being able to tell you what's going on but it's an easy enough role to play.

I guess I can be viewed as a troll but that could be since I don't take posts, from just anyone that thinks they are a guru as fact.

Hell he didn't even watch Jets games himself when he first started posting here since according to him he couldn't, in the Carolinas. Even though I was watching in Florida.

He is gone so I've said enough but don't be fooled by someone so easily.

abyzmul likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I was wondering why NC hadn't posted in a while. I guess I'm lucky I never got on his "bad side."

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

NC's biggest failing was that he didn't see his own. He did do a lot of research, but I think he thought that his opinions were based on facts and therefore mostly unassailable. To his credit, when confronted with an opposing opinion based upon reliable facts (in his judgement) he would acknowledge that your POV might be valid. He also brought an alternative POV to many discussions which I think challenged people to consider alternatives, but as I said, too often he failed to take his own advice. And his resorting to name calling so quickly didn't win him many friends, as this "pile on" proves.

It's too bad he felt he had to exile himself, but that was his choice AFAIK. After some time off, maybe he'll return and be better able to let things roll off his back. I know I've had to take a "vacation" from here once or twice. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him posting here again.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Patriots won the Randy Moss trade because they only had to give up a 4th round pick to get a HOF receiver who turned the Patriots into arguably the greatest offense in NFL history.

it’s absolutely irrelevant how the picks turn out for the Jets; the fact that the Seahawks had to give up that many picks for a safety who didn’t dramatically improve their defense, who they had to overpay to keep and was likely a contributing factor in having to essentially blow up the team two years later inherently makes them the loser in the trade.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope so. @NCJetsfan is a great fan and a poster. He really has passion for the team, and I for one hope he will be back once things get rolling and Jets start winning some games.

#33 Borat, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  14. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Loud, undersized WLB who do not stay healthy nor create turnovers are not uncommon-- but Seattle is paying theirs like he is a difference-maker. He's not.

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Ironically, I was just chatting w a seahawk fan yesterday.

forget Jamal, it looks like they are turning to ex jet, geno smith for their qb.

nuff said about that franchise’s trajectory.

16. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I've tried putting trolls on ignore but it somehow ruins the flow of the thread - I suppose its really a case of how bad the troll is.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can understand why some don't like him. When he disagrees with you he comes off really strong. He has come after some of my opinions and it is not pleasant. But, like you said I have seen him change his opinions and change. That impresses me especially in a forum like this where so many people are inflexible once they post an opinion, I also agree that he was an asset to this forum and offered not only passion but researched well thought out views that often bucked the main stream thought. IMO he was one of the best posters here but what I liked most is he did research and tried to offer reasoned logical points of view. I applaud him for that regardless of whether he is right or wrong. The bigger problem here is not the loss of NC but the reason he left. The trolls with their condescending, inflexible, hasty, repetitive and attention seeking posts derail discussion and make this forum so much worse. Driving thoughtful and intelligent posters away. That being said the cure to this problem and getting posters like NC back is for the Jets to start winning football games. The craziest of the lunatics will still post their nonsense but they will be drowned out by more rational posters. Sadly, looking at our schedule, I don't see us winning much this year which means this forum will likely only get worse.

18. GasedAndConfused

depends how bad for sure. you can also just choose to ignore them without a button. either one works

19. GasedAndConfused

trolls are just bored people who think they are funny and just try to annoy others and goad them into an argument. reasonable people should know that and not engage. I liked NC at times but he was not a reasonable person

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I agree! . . He sucked.

He was TGG's bloviating progenitor of vacuous bullshit; .a superfluous windbag who loved to listen to himself and I can't count the number of times he'd post useless 'cover your ass' tripe along the lines of "player X will be great, then again he may not." .Additionally, he had no working knowledge of the x's & o's when it came to schematics, players and systems. The guy was 'first person insufferable' whose only claim to fame was that he was loved by.....well, by people such as yourself. . : )

But I digress: let us have a moment of silence for "one of the best posters here" .... long may he instruct and educate the unwashed masses wherever he's now holding court..

"I agree!"...."I couldn't disagree more!"
    [​IMG]

The Waterboy likes this.