Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, May 2, 2022.

?

Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Great thought-out take. How much time and thought did you put into that one? You must not have watched the first Miami game if you thought the line improved.

Great line in the Bills game

#241 cval, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s funny you mention the 1st Miami game, that’s the game the Jets gutlessly kept Zach Wilson on the sideline because they knew he holds onto the ball too long

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's just straight up trolling now. Wow.

cval likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

They are also veteran QBs.

bicketybam likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

Actually he wasn't. Did his being a rookie, playing for the first time in the NFL contribute to things? Yes, but him being the primary cause of it all? No way.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Cincinnati game was Mike White's 1st career start

Flacco is a different story obviously

7. ColoradoContrails

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but we'll see how his posts are over some time. It's more than he's willing to give Zach.

cval likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This team can make the playoffs in 2022 if a lot of things go right. They include:
    1. Zach taking a big jump in year 2
    2. The skill position players making an impact
    3. The defense being serviceable(I expect Sauce to have growing pains)
    4. Saleh learning and growing as HC

This is asking for a lot.

KingRoach and Brook! like this.
  9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Since we are now lobbing out personal insults, I'll indulge. Here are some additional facts that I'll provide because you lack the critical thinking skills that your counterparts possess, so I'll spell it out. You mentioned the Steelers and Titans went to the playoffs last year with mediocre QBs, so therefore I must be stupid:

1. the AFC didnt have Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and a healthy Lamar Jackson last season competing for playoff spots like they do this year. Lamar missed most of the second half of last year and is the sole reason why the Ravens didnt make the playoffs. The Ravens were in contention for the 1 seed when Lamar was injured and then dropped completely out of the race when he didnt play.

2. the Steelers snuck into the wild car because of no Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, and also.... the Chargers and Herbert added extreme talent and is another team that will be in the mix this year and wasn't last year. The Raiders added Devante Adams and Chandler Jones. A mediocre team wont sneak in anymore unless its MAYBE a team in the AFC South (see #3) or one or more of the elite QB's miss significant time like Lamar did last year.

3. The AFC South has ONLY shitty QB's. So, obviously, whoever finishes #1 in that division makes the playoffs. Therefore, the titans "mediocre QB" made the playoffs by default. That will happen again this year, but imo it will be the Colts this time and not the titans. There MIGHT be a 2nd team from that division make a wild card ONLY because that 2nd shitty team may have more wins than another wild card team with an elite qb, because the AFC south division is so damn bad that they should be able to stack easy wins while the other QB's like Lamar, Burrow and Watson will all be beating each other up in that division and Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson and Carr will be beating themselves up in the other. These next few years, one of those teams could miss the playoffs and still be better than many of the teams who made it. Also, it will be the first few years where the final 2 seeds could be just as good as whoever finishes the 1 seed. It is extremeley even.

4. As long as we're talking mediocre teams, if there is indeed room for one to sneak into the wild card because of a crappier division and thus an inflated win total, what I was saying in my last post was, the colts, dolphins, steelers, titans, patriots, and raiders are all better "mediocre" teams than the jets. The jets haven't been mediocre for years, they've been bottom of the barrel. They'll have to improve greatly just to be mediocre. Wilson will have to catapult into near elite status imo for the jets to have a shot. If that happens, its doable. But, if he's "mediocre" like the OP mentioned, the jets wont get in. I like Wilson's skill set a lot, so this is certainly possible.

Again, it doesnt take a genius to realize the AFC has more elite QB's than they did last year and many different circumstances, so last year's seeding results are not very relevant for this year's prediction. I'm sorry I had to spell all that out for you because you couldn't realize that on your own. Yet I'm the one with the "stupid" comment lol.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. bicketybam

Today I learned you remain a rookie until you start a regular season game.

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Wait! Are you suggesting QBs who had been in the league for 3 and 13 years have a better understanding of NFL concepts than a QB who has been in the league for 0 years?

Mind. Fucking. Blown.

I feel like we should call up the Post and let them in on this revelation!!!

12. KingRoach

All that drivel and you wait till the last sentence to make your point.

Indecently, teams do play outside their division. Don’t you remember when the mediocre QB of the Titans beat the elite QBs of:
    R. Wilson
    P. Mahomes
    J. Allen
    M. Stanford

Golly gee. It looks like the Titans beat far more Elite QBs than they lost to…

13. KingRoach

That’s what I’ve been saying!!!

Hackenburg is still a rookie and needs time to develop.

bicketybam likes this.
  14. bicketybam

You need to forgive him. He's a long suffering Bills fan and they have never won a SB. They did go to 4 though! Wide right!

KingRoach likes this.
  15. KingRoach

My “friend” went to prison and was told early on, “in here, you either a bitch or a nigga”.

Random transition but in the NFL you either a rookie or a vet.

16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Interesting

17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I don’t know, maybe I’m just too difficult to please but yes, I do expect a #2 Overall drafted QB that was handed the keys to start from day one without competition to understand the basic concepts of offense and defense at least as well as a guy drafted in the 5th round who spent his first 2 seasons on practice squads. I see now my expectations were clearly way too high. Maybe this year he’ll make it into the top 30 QB’s in the NFL, we can pop the champagne together with our tempered expectations.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

the atrocious OL performance literally ended the day the backups started. Oh right, LaFleur went to the booth that’s why we got so much better , not because LaFleur had to stay on the field to help Zach learn the basic alphabets of NFL football.

19. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This team constructed is not a playoff quality team, but I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

20. KingRoach

If you think the #2 overall pick was a disappointment I can imagine how disappointed you are in the #1 overall pick. At least we didn’t get stuck with that loser.