Favorite Post-Draft FA Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, May 3, 2022.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Deion Jones has a $20 mil cap hit. You dont trade for a guy like that, you wait until he is released. I think he could play well next to Mosley though

2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Per OverTheCap, the Jets "Effective Cap Space" is just $2,108,645, so they're essentially capped out at the moment. Worth noting, especially after claiming Herbig off waivers, cutting fan favorite Greg Van Roten saves $3.5 million. Cutting Justin Hardee saves $2.035 million.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Linvile Joseph how old is that guy? Seems like he's been around forever. I would rather have a younger player that could possibly grow with the team.

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think Deion Jones has been mentioned on here before but this divorce seems imminent now.

I know the Jets have brought in Kwon Alexander for a visit so it seems they may be open to adding another body at LB.

I don't think the Jets will trade for DJ as they would incur a pretty sizable cap hit, ~14M, but if he's released and can be had on a Moses-like contract from last year, I think he'd be a great addition.

His play has dipped the last year or two but I still think he's an upgrade and would give us another solid vet in the LB room.

ColoradoContrails, apjbfc and Noam like this.
  5. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Think we're going to add 2-3 pieces to this D and maybe 1 WR.

Cap space can be moved and we've done minimal adjusting on the cap so far. In fact were very very simple on the cap.

Can see LB, IDL and S all being considered in the second round of FA.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't see us adding a WR at all. our top 4 are locked in. mims seems like he gets 1 more chance and then we have like 3-4 other young guys fighting for that last spot

ColoradoContrails, KingRoach and Noam like this.