Keelan Cole leaves Jets for Raiders

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, May 12, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You have to understand why arguing "$4 mil is double $2 mil so Berrios should be twice the player Crowder is" is viewed as trolling, right?

Noam likes this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

How does Berrios make our WR room deeper than last year when Berrios was in our WR room last year?

3. BroadwayAaron

Because he's going to see more snaps and will be used in more ways to open up the offense while also giving us the same production as Crowder out of the slot.

PJ4Ever, Nyjets4eva and K'OB like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Now you know why I have Browning on Ignore.

Noam, bicketybam and BroadwayAaron like this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You either sign Berrios or Crowder there was no way JD would be able to sign both. JD decided to sign Berrios. (Smart move) . With the drafting of GW there was no way Keelan was resigning. I am not sure why this is so hard. The player has to want to sign with you as well as you wanting to sign them.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Maybe. If the line gives ZW time. But in a pinch they always throw to the big guy. Human Nature I guess.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Crowder would disappear so many times during the season that I would forget he was in the team. Adios and God bless.

cval and PJ4Ever like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That explanation makes zero sense. The same player with the same skill set was on the team both seasons. I'm not sure you understand the meaning of positional depth.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

So you think a TE will lead them in receiving yards?

10. BroadwayAaron

I think the problem is you think "positional depth” just means how many warm competent bodies you have in the room. If a player takes on a bigger role and can provide more value than the guy he was replacing then your “depth” is stronger. I view depth as how many people you have that you can deploy in a game that can make your offense/defense work and make the other team's life hell. If you mean "we don't have good backups" then yes I'd agree but like I said, I don't think we are WORSE than last year. Cole provided close to nothing. Mims, as bad as he is, can probably give us that. Shit Jeff Smith might be able to give us that.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That not what more depth means. Its like saying AVT gives our line more depth than last season because we got rid of GVR.

Also, Berrios was our 3rd/4th WR last season and will be our 3rd/4th WR this season. Berrios skill set is still the same. You could argue that maybe we will be more versatile by replacing Crowder/Cole with Moore and an increased role for Berrios. But even that is a stretch.

12. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

That's a significant assumption. Players sometimes get better. I thought Berrios made a big step forward mid-season when he was asked to take on a bigger role due to injuries. If he's working hard this offseason, he could certainly take another step forward for 2022. And if he does, then it is likely he will be more productive in 2022 than Crowder was in 2021, even if he remains our 3rd/4th WR.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm not losing sleep over this. We got one of the top WR's in the draft and kept a ST contributor who should have a bigger role in the offense this year.

PJ4Ever, Jets79, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I like our receiving depth overall, and I'm sure will sign another decent/serviceable guy by training camp as well. This is no big deal.

Nyjets4eva, cval and rickjet like this.
  15. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  16. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I agree...I am sure JD will add mid-level depth during TC cuts....

WR’s:
    Elijah Moore (2m),
    Corey Davis (13.6m),
    Braxton Berrios (3.7m)
    Garrett Wilson (3.7m)
    DJ Montgomery (860k),
    Denzel Mims (1.4m),
    Jeff Smith (865),
    Rodney Adams
    Lawrence Cager
    Keshunn Abram
    Irvin Charles
    Tarik Black

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

of course it makes no sense. It’s blind loyalty to Joe Douglas, that transcends any common sense

ouchy likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that the lack of depth at the WR position will be used as an EXCUSE by these same people for Zach Wilson by midseason.

its absurd, they will argue today that the depth has gotten stronger and in 3 months, when Irvin Charles is the starting WR, it will be their excuse!

Its a 17 game season and the Jets have 1 single WR who has gotten through an entire 16 game NFL season in the last 4 years, Braxton Berrios, and that was as a part time player. Moore, Davis, Mims, Wilson, they cannot be counted on for an entire season because they havent done it!

I sure hope Irvin Charles can play! :D

RonPi likes this.
  19. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Precisely why I asked in the other thread "What exactly is going to make us better"? Somebody else in another thread thinks that the TE's
    are going to make us better, but one has never played a down in the NFL and the other two, when they complete a whole season, produce
    about half as much as Kittle, and they won't have a great QB throwing to them.

Ron

20. BroadwayAaron

I always love watching to see which people agree with each other. It always adds up.

cval, PJ4Ever and bicketybam like this.