Jets vs Bengals last year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Nyjets4eva, May 16, 2022.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

On NFL network right now. Not sure why they are playing it. But to play that well in the first quarter and dominate them like that to only have 7 pts was disappointing. Two turnovers didn’t help at all, I hope this year we can really cut back on the turnovers and sustain better drives. Go Jets!!!

Jets79 likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lol I am watching now..it's the Mike White first NFL game and I don't know what 4eva is complaining about

We are only a score down in the 3rd qtr with Michael Carter catching and running the hell out of the Bengals

Too bad White crashed and burned but the 2021 Jets showed some nice flashes that Halloween weekend

Jojo, westiedog1 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

at
    It was a good game, but we kept them in it early with bad turnovers. We were playing great on both sides first quarter. Nice to watch them win a game and comeback. I think that game shows that Mike could step in and play if he isn’t asked to do too much. I think he had 3 tos forcing some stuff. I like to watch games over so just wanted to let others know it was on.

westiedog1, mrjet80 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I was watching the condensed version the other day and here were my takes.

The Good:

MiLF had some creative dink and dunk plays which got Carter some major gains.

The OL looked good.

Our D looked stable

The Bad:

The D got used to the play calling and started pulling in their LBs and S: White didn’t have the arm talent to take advantage of the stacked boxes.

MC was gone the 2nd half.

The White Ints were off balls coming in hot. ZW had that problem last year.

Outlook:

We saw what was possible and the limits of having a serviceable Q behind C. So far, it looks like the team of the CS and JD have done a good job at evaluating talent, I have no reason to think ZW is the exception

We saw what MiLF can do with a quality RB and a strong OL. Imagine if when MC got tired in the 2nd, we actually upgrade instead of downgrade

It’s hard not to get excited about 2022

BudJet, PJ4Ever, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

man that’s the Jets…not really recently because we’ve been bad for a long time, but I do remember so many games where I’m watching and we dominating but then the score is like 7-3 or 13-7 or some shit like that!

I rewatched that game last night too…at least we did win it!!

#5 Jets79, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

IIRC, this was LaFleur's first game calling plays from the booth. That had to help the offense in addition to White having the game of his life.

7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

As I pointed out on another thread, I don't feel that is an expression that applies to White's performance in the Buffalo game. He was an inexperienced QB (as was Wilson last year) trying to overcome an early large deficit against a good defense. In that situation, you have no choice but to throw to catch up, and the opposing defense knows you have to throw.

#7 westiedog1, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
    Noam, ouchy and stinkyB like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So what's your take on White? Solid backup or still learning the ropes?

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Definitely still learning the ropes, he has areas he needs to improve on. Nevertheless, his performance in relief suggests he may have some significant upside to his game which makes him an intriguing asset as a backup.

NYJetsO12 and Noam like this.