Concerts

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Savatage, Apr 18, 2022.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Thanks.....pretty shitty, but I've felt alot worse too.... Overall pretty weird, especially the ebb/flow / change of symptoms. Started with brutal cough just the first night (that I thought was pollen allergies as I slept with the windows open that night and wind was blowing).... then morphed from there
    The headache, lethargy and "brain fog" has been the constant. Now I know what people mean by that..... menial tasks feel like monumental ones, and I've been in a constant state of "DUHHHHH" (yes, even more than usual).... but feeling a bit better and got in the ocean today for a bit (slept 11 hrs the past 2 nights).

but other than that I'm ok... if I didnt have a conscience I wouldnt have gotten tested and powered through work.. (gave up 2 shifts at my second gig.... boat fuel $ :confused:

ftr, I had the Pfizer vax last year but never got a booster shot

#101 stinkyB, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So how many total shots? Just one?

3. stinkyB

4. stinkyB

Dammit this is some persistent bullshit....

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Are the symptoms bad? Or is it just the constant annoyance?

6. stinkyB

Mostly the latter.... but one thing that sucks is the up and down. Felt pretty good monday.... went surfing for a bit, then had a couple of beers that evening to fall asleep.

Then felt like ass again yesterday, and still lethargic today (like I have a hangover) Still tested positive yesterday (I wanted to go to the grocery store, so I used my other test first)... been a week now and missing some work $

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sorry, stinky. I had to suffocate all of your family animals in a trash bag. Maybe you should take Covid more seriously.

8. stinkyB

If you suffocated the fish in a trash bag, you have alot of patience....

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

saw these guys a couple of times when I was in college. The one jangle-pop band from Athens that inexplicably never got famous.

10. stinkyB

This shit sucks.... over 10 days out.... AND SOMEBODY PUT A PLASTIC BAG OVER MORTY'S FISHBOWL :mad:

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

We went to a great concert at the Bridgeport Amphitheater last night. George Thorogood & the Destroyers opened up. They still can rock it pretty good.

Sammy Hagar & the Circle were the main act. Sammy, Michael Anthony, and Jason Bonham were there. Not sure who played lead, but he was excellent. Basically a Van Halen concert. Really good time.

Savatage likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Just saw Jonathan Richman. Definitely not gonna be everyone’s cup of tea, but very entertaining. Kind of a folk-punk-stand up mashup.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Geez... I thought he ditched music for stone masonry.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

“Some of the songs presented might be in different languages; this is not to be esoteric or clever, it’s because the different languages help me express different feelings sometimes. One last thing, my idea of a good show has nothing to do with applause. It’s about if all the songs I sang that night were ones that I felt.” – Jonathan Richman

run lyric subtitles across the lip of the stage apron...

[​IMG]

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a Brooklyn venue has cancelled its upcoming John Hinckley concert. Now we'll never know the genius inside.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I haven’t been feeling good since mid week. Started last sunday with a horrible taste. By Wednesday I had a sore throat, congested , fever , and sinuses on fuckin fire. Still had to work, luckily all my jobs were vacant. Finally Saturday I said no more, I’m staying home. Fever broke last night, but still congested, and a bit lethargic…. Covid test… negative. Would have sworn I had it. Maybe I waited too long for the test(5 days). Warped part of me was hoping I got it over with.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You may have waited too long for the test but it doesn't matter much as long as you're feeling better. I saw something a few days ago that said the Omicron variant provides little or no immunity going forward so if that's what you had there's no getting it "over with."

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Going to see Yes tonight. Wifey spotted they were on locally and there were a few tickets left, plus granted a permission slip. Only Steve Howe left from the classic line ups with Alan White's recent passing, but Geoff Downes also there. Doing Close to the Edge in full I think.

19. typeOnegative13NY

Will be a great show! I saw them in 2012 with Davison , he did a great job.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

It’s strange. The girl next door, tested positive. Almost identical symptoms, time frame etc. I bought the box with 2 tests, so I’ll do it again before i go back to work Wednesday. Really would suck if it provides no immunity.