2022 Jets Schedule (Week 1: Ravens @ Jets)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 21, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think we can beat them with or without Watson - he's bound to be rusty, and he and his team have to adjust to each other too.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Go back to any year on this site, and on schedule release night it’s the same responses. Schedule matters little, and no one can suddenly guess the W/L record for the year based on tonight’s big “schedule release”. Every team has a “brutal” schedule - unless of course they’re a very good team. We’re not a good team yet but we’re well on our way now. Get a grip. This thread always makes me laugh. We’re better than this fellas.

azhar80 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

According to the W/L’s I laid out a few days ago:

1. 0-1
    2. 1-1
    3. 1-2
    4. 2-2
    5. 3-2
    6. 3-3
    7. 3-4
    8. 4-4
    9. 4-5
    BYE
    11. 4-6
    12. 5-6
    13. 6-6
    14. 6-7
    15. 7-7
    16. 8-7
    17. 9-7
    18. 9-8

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope so, it's really hard to tell what kind of team we will be. If all are healthy and Zach comes out vastly improved, we can beat anyone. With Watson suspended the task is much easier though. With veteran like him, he will shakeout most of the rust in pre-season. The guy played great as a rookie on a new team, then played great after missing a year with ACL. I don't expect him to have much of a drop off from where he was. Unless he is suspended that is!

5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I thought 8-9 wins was about the right number. Probably 8 more so.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Ravens Week 1 is a tough game. I don’t see coming out of that one 1-0. Would have been nice to get an easier opponent for the home opener, get some good feelings early. I’m pumped to get the Browns Week 2 though. Still not an easy matchup because I don’t know what the run defense for the Jets will be like, but at least they will probably be playing Jacoby Brissett.

Acad23 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

My late spring optimism is getting the best of me. I think this is realistic for wins this year. I also think this team is going to punch mother fuckers in the mouth and surprise a lot of teams they play. This team will be improved on both sides of the ball. Hey hope springs eternal right?

Steelers
    Browns
    Jags
    Lions
    Bears
    Miami
    New England

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This.

If we can get to 3-4 wins before the bye, I see an 8-9 win season. Which would be a huge improvement for us.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I love the optimism but that is a brutal start to the season….unbelievable how the schedulers just fuck us over year in year out

we could very easily start 0-4…but I’m hoping we can maybe go 1-3 to start the year. We never beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh…I think those are both losses. Can we upset the Bengals like we did last year? Not likely…they’re better and they won’t sleep on us now. The Browns are beatable if Watson doesn’t play, but rusty or not, they are a better team than we are.

CAN we win one or two of these games? Sure I guess it’s possible. But I’d be shocked if we do better than 1-3.

we also never win at Denver…GB on the road is tough. We’ll probably get swept by the Bills, but hoping we can split with the Pats and Dolphins.

anyway…we can be a much better team than last year…and I think we will be…and still not really show that much better in the record. I’m feeling like 6 wins…maybe 7. Hope I’m wrong…

10. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I see maybe four wins there: Steelers, Lions, Jags, Seahawks. The only thing good about this schedule
    is that it will be just as hard or harder for the rest of the division.

Ron

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If they beat New England and Miami before the bye, they only need to find a way to win one game between all the AFC North and Denver. That gives them a pulse going into their bye.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I guess they wanted us to get the afc north out of the way fast

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Tickets in GB are always absurd. I remember running into this same issue looking at Cowboys/Packers and the last time the Jets played in GB (I think Rex was still coaching). It’s a place we all want to get to as a group but never seems realistic. Flights aren’t bad right now which makes it even more annoying that tickets are.

Brook! likes this.
  14. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I think people are overstating the brutality of our schedule. Yes there are no easy games in the first half, but let's not make it sound like the rusty Watson/Brisset Browns, Trubisky/Pickett Steelers, Ravens, Pats and Dolphins are legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Playoff contenders yes. There's no SuperBowl favorites in that group. You could argue the same for Green Bay. If we have truly taken the next step, we need to be competitive and beat some of the fringe playoff teams.

LogeSection2RowJ, Aero, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  15. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

"Scared money don't make no money".

At some point we're going to have to beat good teams if we want to get out of the cellar of the NFL.

I'm with you. Maybe it's my green colored glasses but after looking at the schedule again this morning, it's not that bad. I still wish we could flipped the two "halves" of the season and get teams like the Lions, Bears, and Jags early but it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong, we play good teams, and as of now there's no guarantee we'll even be an average team, let alone a good one. However, I think this will be a great way to challenge this young team and this CS.

As the Cromulon's would say...

[​IMG]

16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Anyone going to the Broncos game?

The fiancé and I love Colorado so we're trying to plan a trip there that weekend. Would be nice to have a meet-up/tailgate in Denver if anyone will be there!

17. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I hope you like cold weather and benches. Packers fans are pretty accepting of others though. Never been to heinz field, but wouldn't blame you for picking that one either.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there were more people than just you thinking about going. Packer games are affordable, but obviously not cheap. If you want to make a group, I can give out advice, and I'll go with.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

The thing that frustrates me is that timing matters…I’ve never seen a schedule like this with the entire division in a row to start the season. And it’s a tough division. Had it been the NFC North we’d have a real shot at starting 2-2 … with this division it’ll be rough. Historically the Steelers and Ravens always beat us. Trubisky or Pickett make it a more winnable game but I still think we lose it. I don’t think we have much of a shot at stopping Lamar. The Bengals are a better team than us but hey, we caught them unaware last year and beat them, so I don’t think they’ll look past us this year. The Browns are better on paper as well, but they’re as dysfunctional as anyone so if there’s a chance at winning a game that’s probably it. But honestly starting 0-4 would not shock me one bit.

At some point t I agree we have to start beating some good teams…we’ll we better start right away because we will be tested

Brook! and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Not Jets schedule related, but the Chargers schedule release won the internet yesterday, but subtle clever digs all over the video.

KY Jets Fan likes this.