How GREAT can the WR Duo of Moore and Wilson Become?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, May 7, 2022.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Talent, Gamebreaking speed, and OUTSTANDING character traits. These guys have all the traits necessary to be dominant forces in the NFL for a long time.

What are some of the factors that could help/limit their potential? I discussed the external factors and the two stud WRs in the video below. I am almost at 3k subscribers!

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Right now they’re at the mercy of Wilsons development. If he puts it together they should thrive. The scheme can clearly work if the execution is there.

NYJetsO12 and REVISion like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

All good and well. Two really super talented guys. But we are burnt so many times with this injury bug, all I am asking for 2022 is injury free season to our offensive line and our skill players. The rest will figure itself out.

nycarl, PJ4Ever, Snatch Catch and 8 others like this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Well said. We deserve some no injury luck.

Brook! likes this.
  5. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I have no doubt Moore and Wilson will be excellent players for years to come, but what about Corey Davis? Denzel Mims?

As much as I like Corey and what he brings, I think the most interesting competition for playing time will be between Davis and Mims? Davis is coming a rather disappointing year and will be motivated to come back strong. Denzel Mims is not only coming off a disappointing season, he's coming off an absolute nightmare season. So news has it Mims is presently the model of health. Stronger and faster than at any time in the past. In other words, he knew he needed to get into shape. He needed to regain his spot. I, personally look forward to watching the two of them compete it out in TC. May the best man win.,...

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m with you on this one. I think Mims is poised for a very, very good year. What a nice problem to have if, a big if indeed, all 5 receivers will be fighting for time because they have shown the goods in training and preseason.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It will be really interesting to see how Zach Wilson distributes the ball. I remember last year he had moments where Corey Davis was his go-to guy. Later in the year Berrios was his go-to guy. Now Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson are primed to see a lot of targets, plus his 3 new Tight Ends and really strong RB tandem. He just needs to find the open man. And with all of those options: Someone will be open! :cool:

nycarl, Jeff M, azhar80 and 1 other person like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It'll come down to Zach's development. Both have the skills to be very good WR's.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Duo?

I thought it was the law firm of Davis, Wilson Moore.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I'm as excited about watching Moore and Wilson as I've ever been about a Jets receiving duo. That includes Al/Wesley and Marshall/Decker. Obviously they haven't proven anything and this post could look hilarious in the end, but my opinion of their talent and the positive hope they give me about the future passing game in this moment have me as fired up as I've ever been about a pair of NYJ WR.

11. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Laveranues Coles and Santana Moss 2.0

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Mims has no excuses. It’s his last year. I felt he got out his breaks slow and his get off from the snap was lackluster. If he’s improved those aspects, I feel like he will be a big time asset seeing as he’s been given the opportunity to still be apart of this team without no true threat to his spot

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

We have a long ways to go before they become Walker and Toon. I would just be happy to see both stay healthy the entire year and then evaluate where they are. That said they both fit the offense and they both should be good at defeating man coverage our biggest need. Hopefully the addition of Wilson along with continued emergence of Moore will allow the Jets to move Davis into the slot more often where he is much more effective at Tenn. against man coverage.

cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Walker and Toon?

Cool your Jets!

With the possible exception of Maynard and Powell (going all the way back to the Titans days) these two players were easily the best receiver tandem this franchise (and many other franchises) have ever had.

Can we at least aim for Coles and Cherbet before we even start to imagine something like Walker and Toon.

nycarl and Noam like this.