Your enthusiasm towards 2022 season (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 7, 2022.

?

Your enthusiasm level for the upcoming season

1. Very excited

43.5%
  2. Cautiously Optimistic

43.5%
  3. Neutral

7.1%
  4. Slightly Pessimistic

4.7%
  5. Not excited at all

1.2%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

A lot of good things are done this off season. With a tough schedule ahead, what is your mood for the upcoming season?

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  2. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Hopeful, but I’ve been down this road before. Great draft, it all needs translate into wins.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you've been a Jets fan for more than 25 years you can't be anything but "Cautiously optimistic" at best. Still that better than any preseason emotion I've felt in the last 25 years.

4. Brook!

I was every excited after the 2010 season and it almost led to a Superbowl appearance next year. Wish defense showed up against the Steelers in the first half.

That said, this is the first time I am extremely excited for the upcoming season.

When I get drunk on Friday nights, I dream an 11 win season where Sales coaches defense creating tons of turnovers, Wilson making the leap and throwing over 25 TD's with minimal INT's, Hall and Michael Carter rushing 10+ TD's, Wilson and Moore catching a lot of downfield bombs.

Jets are slowly and steadily building towards a winning franchise. If not this year, it will happen the year after thanks to the foundation we are building. We are not there yet but we are almost there.

Good days are ahead. :)

5. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just a tad to optimistic, but I'm very excited. We are young in all of the good and important positions to build a solid foundation on, and that means something if you look over all of the great past dynasties. Not that we are that just yet. My biggest worry is Becton eating himself out of his career after showing promise in his rookie year, and not so much worried but I'm truly hopeful that Zach takes that next step. He has the traits. Arm, Athleticism, and he didn't seem to lose any confidence in himself at any point from what I saw last season, even as poorly as he looked at times. If he is what we all hope he can be then it'll be a fun next decade I promise you that. I think all of our young core will at worst will be serviceable players but let's wait see.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I went with cautiously optimistic but I feel like I've been down this road a thousand times. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a hundred times and you're probably a Jets fan.

Jets79, nycarl, papapump and 3 others like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Went with cautiously optimistic. I like most of the acquisitions made during this offseason, but there has to be progress from the QB and the team overall. Play some meaningful games after Halloween.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Slightly pessimistic. In the AFC, I think we're better than the Jaguars, Texans, Steelers, and maybe Dolphins. Probably gonna be another losing season, though I'd love to be wrong. In the long run, this was a good draft, and the roster should continue to improve. But I'm also afraid Zach's improvement in the second half was a mirage; they told him not to turn it over, which he accomplished, but he also played it ridiculously safe. He's going to have to make a big leap this offseason, fingers crossed he does.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As with anything regarding the Jets, I'm in a show me mode. The Jets had a good draft but its not like the rest of the AFC skipped the draft either. How much did we close the talent gap remains to be seen.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

For the first time in many years, I'm actually super excited. I'm very confident things are turning around.

Pepsiguy5 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I feel peppermint fresh...

Pepsiguy5 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  12. Brook!

Votes from Californian posters don't count.

rickjet and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Foiled again... :oops:

Brook! likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the Jets arent better than the Steelers. The Steelers have the best defensive player in the game

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I was excited last year to see Zach, AVT/Becton, Carter, and Moore. This year has added even more high end pieces to those that I'm still excited to see in their sophomore years now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I love it....very excited. No more telling myself "Calm down...Calm down....gotta build the oline first...one, maybe two more drafts of lineman and we can start finally start drafting real high end weapons...give it time....Rome weren't built in a day....we're doing it the right way this time". blah blah balh

Well gentleman, the time has arrived! JD's first 'post offensive lineman' draft was one for the ages. Between FA and the draft, JD has added more high end talent to our team than we've added in many, many years (unless you count Levon Bell as a high end weapon!). I think the last time we added this much fire power in one offseason was Favre.

Game on boys!!!

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

If you said the overall team isn’t better with some more info cool, but since when does one player make an entire team good? He’s an amazing player, but they have just as much question marks at key positions if not more than us. They won’t be winning those same games they did last year again believe that

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I went with not excited at all, the DC sucks and was not replaced. Even with some of the injuries last year a competent DC finds a way to scheme the defense so it wouldn’t be so bad especially against the run.

Saleh and MLF only have one full season of coaching experience in their new positions. I’m still not sold they are the staff that takes this potential talent and gets the best out of them.

I’m happy about the players on team but talent has to be used correctly in order for results to be achieved.

Sorry I’m not a darksider, but the CS does not inspire any confidence in me.

19. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I:ve seen everything there is to see on a football field, having watched for 70 years and been a fan of the jets since the titans days. i should have every reason to be pessimistic. But I'm not, very optimistic and I have posted so. if all goes well, i expect a Rich Strike!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we will see about that