Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, May 2, 2022.

?

Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

The last AFC team in last year was 9-7-1. Steelers. 7 of those wins were v AFC.

Go from there.

Brook!, Jets79 and James Hasty like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I have no idea to be honest. I don’t think the Jets should go the rookie route again with this roster.

3. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

The Steelers beat Browns x 2, Ravens x 2, and Bills, Broncos and Titans.

You want to get in you have to beat some pretty good teams.

#163 Not Sure, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol he's shorter than his prom dates!
    [​IMG]

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Lemmie guess...his dates are standing on milk crates?
    [​IMG]

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm like 99% sure you're an elaborate troll at this point but you know they measure height before the draft right? Like with an actual tape measure. He's 6'2 and 1/8.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Same size and skill set as Matt Corral, late 3rd round pick for Carolina.

Its hard not to think about that. If Corral played at BYU when the rest of the world was dealing with a pandemic maybe he ends up the no.2 overall pick

8. Footballgod214

I also speak (and type) fluent Russian

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Hard for you maybe. I'm pretty sure not many other people are sitting up thinking about Matt Corral and what if he had played at BYU. But you do you. You're great at it.

apjbfc and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind being shorter than my two fine prom dates wow what a stud

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Ok ...just saw on NFL Netwok that the 2nd year rookie QB best set up for success in 2022 based on all FAs draftees and supporting cast OL and MLF coach>>>>Zach Wilson Jets!!!

Trey Lance second

Mack Jones third

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  13. Nyjets4eva

NE did nothing to help Mac and his ceiling is already low. He shouldn’t even make top 3

14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

The O/U is 5.5 in Vegas and we’re seriously considering if we’re a playoff team? We added a ton of great pieces that I feel will be great contributors once we have a great QB. Until then take the under.

James Hasty likes this.
  15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Is this a father - illegitimate son photo?

Kinda rude since sunday is Mother's Day..... btw, thanks mom... for everything..... especially putting up with dad!

16. Footballgod214

Just crazy how much Drew Brese's entire body atrophied in the later years of his career. Football is so violent. He's now shorter than a 5'10" highschooler!

stinkyB and Nyjets4eva like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Where have I seen that look before..... Benny Hill of course!

Brook!, James Hasty, jixxjr and 2 others like this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Vegas set a line don’t mean we only have to win 2 games because they set it at 5.5 lol. I get what your saying, but they are also setting it based off all of our putrid years. Once we have a good year and get out of the bottom of the division then we can get some respect. Let’s hope it’s this year and we beat that over under number by 3-4 games LFG

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There is a lot of green goggle here. We should have lost by 40 points and didn't have a right to be competitive? We were playing a home game against the worst team in the league, and we were favored by 2 points.

Zach didn't single handily beat the Jags. Far from it.

Berrios had a 102 yard kick return TD. Carter had a 118 yards rushing and a 7.4 yard average. Coleman contributed another 57 yards, and Zach had 91 rushing yards. Their run D couldn't stop a nose bleed that day. We rushed for almost 300 yards. Both Mosley and Pinnock forced key fumbles and the defense stopped them in the red zone the last series of the game.

Jacksonville was missing as many starters as the Jets, including Allen, Jenkins, Barden, Hyde, McCray, Lindor, and Jordan Smith. That list includes their 3 best defensive players, which kind of explains why they couldn't stop the run. We were clearly the more talented team.

On top of that, they had just fired their head coach and were led by Darrell Bevell and still in turmoil.

Zach's challenges that game were tiny compared to what Lawrence had to deal with.

If we would have lost that game it would have been the disgrace of the season.

James Hasty likes this.
  20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

vegas is usually pretty good at this kind of thing…after all, they put their money on the line…so this essentially says there is a 50% chance we get 6 or more wins…which means there’s an equal chance we get 5 or less

and in the AFC I think it’ll take probably 10 wins…maybe 9 like the Steelers last year but they had a tie also…so 9-8 is probably not going to make the playoffs this year.

one thing about the stacked AFC West, they can’t ALL win all their games….those will be some good teams with records that are not reflective of how good they will be because they will be beating each other up. Not like Tennessee who gets 4 gimmes each year playing Houston and Jacksonville twice….or the Bills who get freebies playing us and the Dolphins twice…shit NE has been taking easy wins for years.

but the playoffs will sort that out, kind of like how Cincinnati went and beat Tennessee last year…

anyway…I think we are much improved…and if we can get to 7-9 wins that would be good progress…I don’t think we’re a playoff team quite yet…we need another draft to stack on top of last year and this year to really be talking playoffs seriously

that being said, it really comes down to Zach now…the OL is much improved, and IF Becton can stay on the field (I’m skeptical), and IF Zach can improve from last year (again, I’m not as confident as many others here but I do think it’s possible), then we should have a good group of weapons for him….a good1-2 punch at RB, solid TEs who can make plays (finally!), and what should be a pretty good group of receivers. Assuming we don’t get the injury issues we had last year, there should be no excuses for Zach…I don’t want to see balls thrown into the dirt five feet behind open receivers anymore. He cut down on the stupid picks last year after he came back…so we should see improved play….say 20ish TDs to maybe like 10 picks…he needs to average more than a paltry 175 yards per game like he did last year, and he needs to get his completion rate over 60%…those are the things I’m going to watch for on him, because honestly, Those stats for him were terrible last year….low yards per game, mid-50% completion rate, low yards per attempt, and too many picks. Not unexpected for a rookie, especially given the state of our OL and receiver/TE group, but now that all those should be better, he needs to step up

so yeah, I think we’re likely one year away from playoffs as currently constructed