Hey Big Ticket? Got a message for ya from Da Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, May 1, 2022.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That’s exactly it

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah. Move her doctor to NJ as well.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Ralebird

There is no factual basis for the bolded; it is strictly conjecture. This has not stopped it being repeated often enough that it has been accepted by some here and even repeated, as now, that it is some kind of universal truth. To be such one would need to accept that every medical condition with the same name bears the same significance, treatment and prognosis for every patient. To the best of my knowledge no medical professional familiar with Becton's case has ever endorsed the bolded claim.

KingRoach likes this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

In all the speculation and reading between the lines that has gone on about Becton, the bold is one thing we have some concrete evidence for. JD said, directly, in answer to a question that the longer than anticipated recovery time was no fault of Becton's. No details of why or what was the reason, but not Becton's fault. Funnily enough this rarely seems to get repeated.

5. Ralebird

I tend to agree, but in all fairness to those who don't was this spoken in candor or coachspeak? It's just another thing that shows how far we are out of the loop and for anyone here to chisel anything in stone is ludicrous.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Of course there aren't any decent Obstetricians in New Jersey. Must be why there aren't any healthy babies born in New Jersey. Silly me. Thinking New Jersey was anything other than a 3rd world backwater whistlestop. She's far better off staying in Texas. Maybe Becton should wait until the baby is 6 months old before showing up. Gives him more time to recover and as a bonus, more Twitter time! If he shows up by November, maybe he'll be healthy and ready to play. Then again, we are talking about Becton here..

#86 Cman68, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Who the fuck wants to switch gynecologists in the 3rd trimester? You've gone off the rails with Becton. It's not healthy. Go fishing and forget about the Jets for a while.

KingRoach, Ralebird and Mogriffjr like this.
  8. Cman68

Fuck Becton. If he shows up and contributes? great. If not, its nothing new as he's a f'n ghost anyway. The team will move on with or without Fatboi.

9. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

anger management sessions needed here.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why doesn’t he marry the broad if he is so committed

maybe I’m getting old

red75bronco, mrmajix and Cman68 like this.
  11. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Some of the people here are absolutely losing it.

I want to start by saying I was all for taking Ekwonu with the 4th pick to be the starting LT this year. There are absolutely enough red flags around Becton to be concerned. Jets probably felt the same way, which is why they took an insurance policy in the 4th round. Clearly the team has a bit more confidence in him than the fans.

But are we really advocating for moving the mother from Texas to NJ in her third trimester? Women tend to not fly in their third trimester, and I highly doubt she wants to change her doctor when the baby can potentially come any day.

Lets be at least moderately sensible here. We don't know what's going on with them. Having a baby is really serious. Maybe the doctor said the baby could come any day? I wouldn't risk missing the birth of my child for voluntary workouts, especially if I was training and rehabbing where I was.

He gets a pass from me on this, and I'll revisit when he starts missing mandatory work.

12. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

If you were the coach, then getting a pass from you would be a good thing. But you aren't. RS is. And RS made it as clear as he could (consistent with the terms of the collective bargaining agreement) that he doesn't agree with your view.

If you're a professional athlete who is already on the hot seat, and the coach makes it clear that he would like you to be here, then you get your ass here regardless of what jcass10 thinks.

13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

What a weird comment. You are correct, I am not a coach on the Jets. Like you, and everyone else here, nothing I say has any real impact on what happens.

What I do know, is that both GM and Coach have acknowledged that Becton was not at voluntary camp. While they obviously want him there, they have both said that he is a huge part of the team going forward. By not addressing OT early on in the draft, they doubled down on that fact. Maybe the player is not on nearly as hot a seat as you think he is?

14. Cman68

Younger people tend to avoid silly things like marrying the mother of their babies. Not saying they all do, but the times they are a'changin.. Just the way it is these days.. #NewSchool

BrowningNagle, Ralebird and cval like this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Having a child and not getting married can represent a lot of things - all of them bad.

red75bronco and Cman68 like this.
  16. Ralebird

Getting a pregnant woman to change the OB/GYN with which she is pleased will happen right after Putin apologizes for the hardship he has delivered upon the Ukrainian people.

The second quote says all anyone needs to know. What did he do to you?

KingRoach and Mogriffjr like this.
  17. Cman68

Becton is the very image of a poor kid that got paid and decided to live off his reputation. Is he willing to put in the real work in order to improve himself on the field? Where's the drive? We're not talking about just weight lifting here. I had to work twice as hard as my peers to get where I am today. I don't see him doing anything but being a poser. If pretending to be a NFL player gets him thru the day, fine. Just don't ask Jet fans to buy into this farce. Who knows. Maybe Becton will turn into a real force on the field one day. If he does? great. Again, at this point anything we get out of Becton is upside. Damn shame we have to set the bar so low for a high draft pick.

So, now you know what my issue is with Becton. As far as I'm concerned, I'd see how he'd work out as a DT. Maybe if Becton worked as hard on his craft as he does on his Twitter account, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all.. At least Saleh is beginning to lose his patience. That was a not so subtle message to the "big ticket".

#97 Cman68, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  18. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah if there are going to be landmines that get stepped on to derail what appears to be a really promising Jets rebuild this is one of the more obvious ones.

And I'm a fan of Becton. When he does well its exciting and really impactful. His absence killed the Jets last season albeit not as badly as it would have if they hadn't gotten Morgan Moses and George Fant decided to be the anti-Becton and step up to the plate and heroically seize the day.

mrmajix and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Ralebird

What you have said may be the truth in your mind, which makes it your opinion and only that. What is in Becton's mind and heart is what makes the truth here - he's the only one who knows his own motivation despite those who have seen fit to label it as "image", "poser", "farce" and "pretending". I don't believe I am the only Jet fan who is willing to give the man the chance to make his own statement on the playing field. While you ask a couple of very legitimate questions you appear to have already determined the answers for him.

Your claims of personal trials and tribulations are not at all relevant even if the peers you cite agree with everything you have written.

There really was no need for you to write any of this to show your "issue", you already made your feelings very clear when you wrote "Fuck Becton."

KingRoach, Mogriffjr and KY Jets Fan like this.
  20. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

That is not clear at all. You should maybe reexamine what he said. or do you claim to read minds?
    Jesus, when does your rant end.

KingRoach and bicketybam like this.