Hey Big Ticket? Got a message for ya from Da Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, May 1, 2022.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I suggest you learn to read better. I said people who would have him miss a birth for a voluntary workout are stupid. I never said, and I don't know how you could construe it, that having doubts about his commitment are stupid. I said show me the evidence for it. I haven't seen any except comments by people who are not involved with becton questioning his desire. Well its Ok to question but cite something to back it up.

KY Jets Fan, Ralebird and KingRoach like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Of course he's going to do the right thing for the team, which in this case was to draft the best CB instead of using that pick on a T because the "hope" - based upon his monitoring of Becton is that Becton will be able to perform. It was a weighing of value and need.

And of course my conclusion is drawn from the information I have which is FAR inferior to what Douglas has, so it's simply my opinion FWIW. That said, until Becton shows up and proves me wrong, I'll hold onto that opinion.

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Never to his face

4. KingRoach

Lol. So worthless info? Perfect

One could speculate: new mom. Family support. Dad about to have a very demanding schedule. It’s like you want this girl to get postpartum depression.

#44 KingRoach, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome post bickety. I don't like Becton's immaturity on twitter but the guy did nothing wrong on the field. Yes he was overweight and didn't do much to get himself in shape before last season's training camp but I hate the hard time he is being given for his child birth. This is not a TGG thing by the way. Hate for him on Twitter is crazy big. Same goes for other message boards.

I hope he comes back to training camp in shape and dominates it on the field. My trust is low. But I am rooting for him.

KY Jets Fan, apjbfc and bicketybam like this.
  6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahhaha dude you have no idea whats going on with this woman's pregnancy. hahahha just shut up dude.......CMAN, youve become as bad a poster as Brad. Honest question, what happened to you guys? holy christ lol

KingRoach and bleedgreen like this.
  7. KingRoach

Say you’re a bad husband and father without saying “I’m a bad husband and father”

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I work for a pretty progressive company (woke) that will do a lot to make employees comfortable.

That being said, I doubt they are limiting my work at week 36 of a pregnancy in case something happens. Some times you have to make it work.

Also, if it's really apart of your job (traveling being away from family) then even moreso you make it work. And he has to travel, there is no office desk work.

I don't think the Jets are hard lining him because of his pregnant wife or girl friend. He's had multiple issues and confrontations with the Jets.

And I have two kids, so I'll preemptively say chill on the I don't know talk.

#48 JackBower, May 2, 2022
  9. KingRoach

The same people who read “we won’t draft a cb at 4” in Saleh’s comments are the same people who are reading “Becton is on this ice” in the more recent Saleh comments.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

So they would give you a hard time for not coming in for voluntary work that you don't get paid for? They have any openings? Sounds awesome.

KY Jets Fan and Ralebird like this.
  11. bleedgreen

But its not part if his job. This is purely voluntary. I i know of no large company that would not give a guy time off if his wife was about to birth. Now i dont know if that is the case here. I know nothing about the state of her pregancy or anything else about their situation. This is not mandatory stuff that happens in june. This us fun stuff that happens in april

KingRoach likes this.
  12. KingRoach

If only Becton had the ability to tell the future. The big man continues to disappoint.

bicketybam and bleedgreen like this.
  13. KingRoach

How did you get “don’t get paid for” from “progressive company”? Was their an earlier post I missed or is this another example of your skewed world view?

14. JackBower

I'm referring to the past year plus, not voluntary OTAs... But I get your point, even if youre being a dick about it. Let's just think becton only just started disappearing now.

#54 JackBower, May 2, 2022
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm sure JD bangs his head when he thinks about passing on Wirfs

KY Jets Fan and REVISion like this.
  16. JackBower

I also have no idea about her state. I should have quoted but I was responding largely to a post about not traveling after week 36 of pregnancy.

But again, this is ignoring the facts that Becton has had attendance and compliance (for a lack of a better word) with the Jets long before this voluntary workout. So I don't get the group that's honing in on that. He's been a pain in the ass for a while, and he's getting another year to prove he's not going to be going further.

17. bleedgreen

I'm old and sometimes my memory needs jogging. I'm serious. I just don't remember past problems. Can you remind me. Serious question

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Copied from a different thread:

Failed combine drug test, was overweight at end of rookie year and got fined by the team, was liking tweets about trading Darnold while Darnold was still on the team (and I wanted Darnold gone more than anyone but come on), showed up to 2nd year training camp overweight, got called out by LaFleur, called out by Saleh, missed entire season when he should've missed 4-8 weeks due to gaining weight yet again, recent reports say he was over 400 lbs and has just recently gotten under it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. JackBower

He drank the cool aid year 1, came into year two more out of shape and played very poorly before the start of the regular season.

He openly disagreed with jets CS to the media and on Twitter. Also just writing stupid shit on Twitter.

He had an 8 week injury that still isn't healed. He was using his own doctors/not jets facilities if I remember correctly. He doesn't seem to want to use jets resources, and that's a problem if your injury isn't healing.

A few that come to mind in a few minutes. He's had problems

These problems make him not showing up to voluntary things more of a problem to some people. If he was in great shape, played great and didn't have friction with the CS him but showing would be less of a problem to many people.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  20. bleedgreen

Did not know he failed drug test. Are there no consequences for that? Does the NFL allow a signing? Dont remeber fines for being overweight. I dont pay attention to twitter. Of course i know about last year but the 4-8 week thing is in dispute and his current weight is not known by any of us. Not to excuse his training camp issues last year, but that is the only thing we have actual evidence for. He had issues then. All we have now are rumour and innuendo, which can be terribly destructive unless proven true. Why should he not get the benefit of the doubt toll we see him either may 23 or in june?