The jets will win at least 10 games this year and contend for the playoffs.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bleedgreen, Apr 30, 2022.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

When everyone starts adding wins because of the rookie hype I subtract wins based on how may rookies that potentially will be starters. So taking 3 off the top I think we’ll be looking at 6-8 . Sauce is going to get burned, Wilson will have some drops, jj will disappear, get a game changing rtp call somewhere. It’s what rookies do.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have no doubt Miami will be in the first 2 games of the season and Tyreek Hill will be welcoming Sauce to the NFL at some point.

#22 abyzmul, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    dmw and Acad23 like this.
  3. FJF

Edited this to read tyrek hill
    And yea, nfl getting there last shots in before we hit respectable again.

Cman68, abyzmul and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

One thing about Sauce is he already talked smack about Diggs. I like confidence but at corner, especially as a new draft pick, you gotta keep your head down.

There is a good chance Buffalo is going to do a lot of mass celebrating if Diggs beats Sauce. Especially in Buffalo. Its primed to be one of his rookie lessons.

SOJAZ and abyzmul like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah him too.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes. We have certainly won April.

HomeoftheJets, cval and Cman68 like this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Can’t we just be excited about the direction we are headed without putting an unrealistic outcome on it?

It is refreshing to see a FO & CS seemingly on the same page. It shows in the roster construction, now it just needs to show with on field results.

Pepsiguy5, cval, RPOZ51 and 6 others like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Superbowl or fire everyone.

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

[​IMG]

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The math says no more .500 teams. :D

cval, KY Jets Fan and Ralebird like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think 10 wins playing against this division is a stretch. Possible, not probable IMO. 8-9 wins is realistic but not guaranteed. Less than 7, and something bad has happened.

Zach is now in a position to have to prove the belief placed him by Douglas and Saleh, and I look forward to that. I think he'll still be learning, but I think he will also show that he's learned lot from the adversity of last season, and if he does, coupled with all the upgraded talent around him, then 10 wins a possibility, and I won't get ahead of myself any further than that.

Also, the defense - if everyone remains healthy - a BIG IF - should be vastly better than last year, and they'll need to be with all the improvements the other AFCE teams made.

This is the "make or break" season for me.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'll just be happy to have them not suck-ass every sunday, and make me feel like I'm wasting my day watching trash.... baby steps

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'll gladly take a season where the offense is fun to watch and the defense doesn't get run over every week.

14. FJF

Fuck that. Super bowl and fire everyone. The perfect season

Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

As others have stated, JD did his job (nailed it), and the CS needs to prove they are capable of getting these players - all of them - to play consistent competitive FB for 60 minutes a game. AS for W-L, if I could prognosticate, I be in Vegas, so I'll just say if the season is over by thanksgiving and it's not because of catastrophic injuries, then we may have a serious issue with this CS.

Time to earn your pay boys...

16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

wrong

zach has naught to do with the defense

KY Jets Fan and ouchy like this.
  17. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

It’s a low bar to set, but I would be happy with that, too.

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Honestly, just be around .500.

Don't get the doors blown off for half the season and don't have the season end before November 1st. Show that this team is making significant progress. I do believe our D will be fine, I think this season's outcome rests on the shoulders of #2. If #2 can make huge strides, I think we're in business.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Excited to say that as of today the Jets have yet to lose a game

We are on a roll

20. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I am OP. I did say IF ZW improves greatly to somewhere just above or below the middle of the QB pack, and if we avoid catastrophic injuries. your 2 points above. I think posters are missing the vast improvement possible, especially on the lines. On offense you have a new left side. if becton plays to form (I know, a big if) the line could be really good. sure it could not but I am optimistic. On defense you add 2 pressure guys in lawson and Jefferson. 2 of them. If the backfield guys are just a half second better than they were last year (giving the pass rush/blitz one more step), chances are we get off the field a lot more frequently. Does
    I am the OP. I did say IF ZW performs somewhere near the middle, big improvement, and if no catastrophic injuries, you 2 points above. I think people are overlooking thepotential here. I,m not sure how much improvement wilson brings cause not sure how they allocate playing time, but we have to assume gardner and jefferson are impactful pretty quickly.2new pass rushers in lawson andjefferson. So if the backfield can now give the pass rush/blitz time for an extra step, we shouldget off thefieldmore frequently. The coaches need to step up and integrate all thenew additions. Those 25 yardscreen passes on third and 15 shouldstop. The offense hasanew leftside and ifbecton plays like he is supposed to, we have adamn good line. Which helps everything. Could things fall apart? Having watched football for 70 years, ofcourse. But i am a jets fan and i feelas good about the team as i did during Vinny and during Sanchez's first year. Thats a long time between good feelings. I feel lucky and would ratherapproach the season with anticipation rather than dread.

Pepsiguy5 and ColoradoContrails like this.