2022 NFL Draft - Rounds 4 thru 7

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

5 franchise altering picks on paper. Again, on paper. If this translates well onto the field, Jets should start playing meaningful games late in the season.

Fingers crossed for Day 3.

We got only 2 picks left and both picks are 4th rounders.

Godspeed Jets!

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wouldn’t be surprised if he trades one back for an extra pick today
    Also have to imagine today’s is going to be fat guy day. No way jd goes a full draft with out taking a lineman. I have to say though, absolutely love the attention the playmakers have gotten. We’re set up for Zach to succeed but if he doesn’t , it will be a good situation for a stop gal to come into in 2023.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep. I almost added give me "2 Offensive Lineman and I will be happy" to my OP but then I remembered he can trade down with both picks and suddenly we might have 4 picks left in the day. If we only have 2 picks, I want 1 OL and 1 Run Stuffing DL. If we have 3 picks after a trade down, give me 2 OL and 1 DL. If we got 4 picks, Give me 2 OL, 1 DL and 1 LB

Noam likes this.
  4. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agree that trade for picks next year is a reasonable option. When you have 5 potentially franchise-altering picks, there's nothing wrong with declaring victory and saving the rest of your powder for next time.

With that said, I'm on the verge of getting perhaps unrealistically hopeful about this season, and it kinda makes me want to set ourselves up for a strong year this year. Now, we're not going to the playoffs --- I'm not that unrealistic. But I think we can be much more competitive than most people think, especially if Zach takes a meaningful step forward. So, there's a part of me that kinda wants to use these picks and see if it helps us make a strong on-the-field case that the turnaround is really happening.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

OL/DL, trade back , pick up another pick. Bail on safety, call Badger first thing Monday AM.

6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I know WR is set but Justyn Ross if Clemson could be a steal.

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

They could take Daniel Faalele, OT Minnesota. He alone would qualify as 2 OL. I'm hoping they take Perrion Winfrey, DT Oklahoma with one pick. Jets could use help on the DL.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Will Mimms get traded today?

9. BroadwayAaron

We still need camp bodies. We have a very good 1-4 but our 5-6 are shit. I wouldn’t ditch him yet. I could definitely see Bryce Hall getting traded today unfortunately.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's how I feel about Khalil Shakir. Definitely think OT, C or DT makes the most sense but he'd be really hard to pass up

Zach Tom would be near the top of my list. Max Mitchell is another one. Maybe Matthew Butler at DT

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

A linebacker with one of these picks would be nice.

Clark is still there.

Maybe an offensive tackle with the other pick.

Noam likes this.
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just seen Nakobe Dean went #83 wow

13. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Why? What would he return? Also having a physically gifted young WR5 with some upside isn't a bad thing. If he progresses and shows he can replace Davis the next year, that would be a good thing.

Pepsiguy5 and westiedog1 like this.
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

As the 6th WR he offers nothing on ST. Jeff Smith is likely the better option to dress as tge 5th and a much better fit in this offense. A 5th or 6th for Mimms is better than nothing if we cut him in August.

K'OB likes this.
  15. K'OB

What upside?

Noam likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't think he will make the team but there is upside with great athleticism, size, YAC and catch radius. He has not had a healthy off season in two years. When he played in 2020 he was good. But, likely where there is smoke there is fire. The odds are against him contributing in any meaningful way.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That is a possibility. I would be sad to see Bryce Hall go. He has a lot of potential. He was 2nd in the league in passes defended last year with 17 and graded out as a top 20 cb. I know he gets criticized for the lack of turnovers but he is still an ascending improving good young player.

18. K'OB

He dropped more chances than he caught last season, he can't run a basic route tree and that in essence makes him useless to anybody bar throwing to him in the EZ for a jump ball.

REVISion likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think you’re right. I’ve given up on getting a LB. the ones I wanted are gone anyway. I say 1 OL and 1 DL would be a good haul barring a trade down.

Brook! likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

I personally love Hall but someone is going to get cut. We aren’t carrying 5 CBs on game day.

Sauce
    Reed
    MC2
    Hall
    Echols

Unless I’m mistaken, MC2 is the only one that plays special teams. One of Hall/Echols needs to do that to make the team. Or… you try to capitalize on a strong year by Hall knowing that his value will only drop from here.