2022 NFL Draft - Rounds 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Round 1 was a success on paper. Hope it translates to wins on the field.

Onto 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I am hoping for a good safety in 2nd and a good bruising RB in the 3rd. Let's see what happens

2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is the way Brook!

Hopefully we can land Dean or Brisker at 38 and then snag another RB at 101. Guys to look out for there could be, Rachaad White (ASU), Dameon Pierce (UF), James Cook (UGA), Jerome Ford (Cincy), or Hassan Haskins (Mich). I think being able to get any one of these guys at 101 would be a great pick up.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Nakobe Dean is my top choice at 35. He's a great prospect and looks like a potential leader of a defense. And LB is the biggest question mark area on the team. Will Mosley be here beyond 2022 at that salary? I like Quincy Williams too though the other spot is just projection players.

Travis Jones would also be a great add to help that woeful run defense. He's be a close 2nd top choice for me.

There should be some good safeties available. I like Brisker and Jalen Pitre. It's a lot of secondary investment though.

Not many fitting OL worthy though Bernard Raimann could be a good fit if they feel they need insurance for Becton.

Not that I want them to double-dip at DE, but there are some really nice prospects around like Mafe, Ebiketie & Ojabo. And not that I want them to double-dip at WR, but there are some top prospects too

Breece Hall would be interesting, but I doubt they go RB nor do I think they need a high investment there.

It's also likely to be a hot trade up spot especially some of the QBs, CBs, and Edges available.

It's a great spot to be in. Can't wait to see how they follow up an amazing 1st round

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I dont trust Becton, want an OL as early as possible assuming that player represents fair value for the pick.

EDIT - Raimann should be the pick if he is there.

#5 Jeff M, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    Cman68 likes this.
  6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, this is where I want the Jets to take an insurance policy. A guy who could play right tackle if Becton bombs and Fant has to stay on the left, and a guy who offers good depth if Becton stays healthy. The last thing we need is for the offensive line to fall apart and give Zach no chance at all.

With our third-rounder I would like a solid running back to complement Carter.

Jets79 likes this.
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Just keep drafting for value.

There are several good players left and at least one will be there when we pick.

Snatch Catch and chandler like this.
  8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I doubt joe would select two DEs but for me if they stay put the pick has to be between Ebiketie DE , Nakobe Dean ILB those two players are first round picks.

9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

If Dean is still there at 38, I think JD will run up to the podium himself.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This feels crazy to say because we were the fourth worst team in the league last year but after free agency and the first round I really don’t see any glaring holes. Obviously Dean would be fantastic at linebacker but it’s not like we have to panic if we don’t get him. We are truly in a position where we can just start stacking talent and letting the chips fall where they may come training camp.

#10 BroadwayAaron, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Will be surprised if we don't trade down to get back in the 6th round.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking we're gonna see a trade back into the 50 range or so. They'll be able to pick up an additional third, and give them another dart to throw.

If they stay at 38, I think they're taking Breece Hall.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk.. is running back really a need?

Nakobe Dean or bust IMO

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is, and its definitely not what I would do.

Its what I think is going to happen. I dont think Dean will be there, so I'm hoping for a trade back.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Hall or Dean. Hall is a level up from Carter, and the Wilson could really use a dynamic running game behind him. You also need two good running backs now, especially in a 17 game season.

16. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Really hope we get Hall. Worst case trade back for Kenneth Walker but Carter is way too small to be RB1

KingRoach likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

5'8" 200 lbs is like a fire hydrant. Not sure I'd call him small, let alone way too small. If his center of balance is as good as it seems to be he will bounce out of tackles that would have brought other guys down.

I do think the Jets should have a couple of good complementary backs for when what they bring is more appropriate to the situation.

IIMeanDeanII, SOJAZ, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Dean is there he has to be the pick, but I'd sure like some insurance for Becton because I really don't think he can be relied upon to play a full schedule every year, and he's really not suited to play the blocking scheme they use now. But IDK if there's an OL worth passing on Dean or Brisker or even Travis Jones, or even double dipping on another Edge because I also wonder if Lawson can return and be 100%.

I think there will be good RBs and TEs in the 4th, so no need to reach for them today.

And given the job that JD has done between last year and this year, I'm going to trust him to make the right picks. I'm looking/hoping that means today yields 2 studs from LB, OL, S, Edge, and depending on value maybe grabbing a RB, WR, or TE - so essentially the "grocery list" is pretty flexible at this point.

There should be very few - there's ALWAYS a few - Jets fans who should doubt Douglas's abilities as a GM now.

Will-I-Am-Not, SOJAZ, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I can't see Dean getting past the Giants at 36.

I wonder how much different the Johnson trade package was if Joe insisted on moving 38 instead of 35. Obviously the difference wasn't worth it to him, but I'm curious how those negotiations played out.

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Like most have already said I would love Dean as well, but I think he goes in the first couple picks in the 2nd round. Hall would be a welcomed addition, if not then get a RB in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind another edge rusher like Ebiketie out of Penn State, can never have to many of them. Andre Booth Jr out of Clemson seems intriguing although not sure I want two rookies in our secondary off the bat, even if he plays Nickle. OT Bernhard Raimann might be another option. So much talent in the next few rounds it's ridiculous

It would be a miracle if we can get Dean, but probably not so I'll settle for another edge or OT like Raimann