Welcome to the Jets Garrett Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Apr 28, 2022.

1. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

It appears I have more optimism then you. I'm expecting him to be good was the point bro.

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Great pick. In just about every Ohio State game this past season, their WRs stood out. I think they would have taken Olave if Wilson was gone. Both players will be very good.

IIMeanDeanII and Royal Tee like this.
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think you missed my point bro. If he is good he will be asking for $25mil/ year after year 3 and potentially traded.

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

With what was left, he was probably the best choice available.

6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Wilson is probably the 2nd best route runner in this draft behind Olave.

7. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Well my original point without even trying to make it, was if that's the case then you pay him. Every team with a talented WR is gonna have to go this route. Do you think Chase in Cincy or Jefferson is Minn is not gonna get there money? can't trade all your WR's cause you don't wanna pay them. The salary cap will go up at some point, and most importantly, if G. Wilson is the real deal then we like every other team will pay him to keep him or someone else will. Jets should be smart and keep him. I'm not projecting when the time comes for the Jets to trade him, at least that's what I'm hoping won't be the case. Bottom-line, quality players are gonna get paid more money then expected going forward. You shouldn't think the Jets are just gonna trade him if he breaks out. Be more optimistic.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Wilson to Wilson!!! Our home grown guy!! Excellent job JD!!!

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Welcome to our end of the ally. I look forward to seeing you scorch some DBs!

IIMeanDeanII and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

LET'S GOOOOO!!! Love it

IIMeanDeanII, JETFUEL1580 and cval like this.
  11. tubby

tubby Active Member

Whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozymandias, egelband and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm getting hyped. Wilson and Moore - we haven't had weapons like this in a long time.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I am very thrilled with Wilson. He probably will get more wide open then Moore because of his elite route skills. Moore like has better hands but both should complement each other.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Love this pick. Zach has more weapons than any Jets QB has had in a long time. Can't wait to see which poster picks the username: Wilson To Wilson. :cool:

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I think Moore is better getting open but you can’t but help to get two of the better route runners in their respective classes for Wilson to throw to. Wilson has the more freakish athleticism and long speed but Moore isn’t no slouch in that aspect.

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm curious where the Jets had Wilson ranked on their big board.

If all three of the Jets selections were rated In the Top 8 on their respective big board.

Spot 8 Is a very specific number to throw out there, so I think It's safe to assume that Jermaine Johnson was rated 8th on their board. Obviously they traded back In to get him...

If JJ was 8th on their big board. That means Garrett Wilson was rated higher than that and they got him at 10. So I'm really curious just how high they had him, It sounds like he was likely their #1 WR. That's an assumption though.

REVISion and WilsonJetsFan like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so i'll be the voice of reason here. from what i've watched on him and it's been a lot (and he was my personal WR1) his route running is overall just good becuase it's sloppy. he knows how to use space and set up moves and his quickness is elite but his balance and cuts aren't good or clean. the thing is that can be fixed with repetition and coaching pretty easily to the point he can be an elite route runner in the NFL. he has a huge catch radius though and good after the catch. he's like berrios on steroids but taller and faster and quicker

WilsonJetsFan likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they could have had johnson at 6 but knew he'd fall, london at 7 and wilson at 8. just saying

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Everyone is talking about how good Sauce + the JJ trade up were, but this kid right here has me the most excited. We FINALLY added weapons to help our young QB. HOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO WEIRD TO TYPE!!!!!!!!!!

20. Early 80's

Early 80's Active Member

Wilson+Moore+ C. Davis... helluva nice 1,2,3. Berrios is a solid 4. Mims at 5???? Do the coaches really not LIKE him? Was the illness/weight loss a HUGE factor in his failure last year or just a continuation of his disappointment on the field?

If the coaches don't like him, I'd expect they trade him during this draft and try to get a 5th rd for him.... it makes sense. I don't think we get anything better than a 5. Maybe even a 6. We can use it on depth at OL perhaps.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.