2022 NFL Draft - Round 1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2022.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

As long as he's not related to Roger Vick

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Not sure which thread to post Jets draft stuff in anymore! But here's Connor Hughes validating with his own sources Cimini's reporting about the Jets and Sauce:

My question is, if they draft Sauce, what happens to Bryce Hall? Does he get traded or he is relegated to the bench a year after being a very solid starter?

Noam likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Let's use this thread for Rumors leading up to Draft.

Moved all other Draft related topics to Draft Forum.

This thread will be moved to Draft Forum tomorrow.

4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Misdirection in the hype video is well lol
    1. No reference to Becton at all
    2. Mentions edge rusher (no other positions specifically)
    3. Sauce is the first rookie shown
    4. They have Olave (!) on the edit with Zach going deep.

Noam and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Great Sherlock Holmes type investigation. I love it :)

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

CB has also been devalued because of the proliferation of spread offenses in the NFL. You can't defend 3 or 4 guys with one All-Pro CB but you certainly can with an All-Pro Edge.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think my first priority would be DE. But I think I'd only really be comfortable with Hutchinson or KT at 4. I don't know how realistic they really are, everyone has been so all over the place. I'm assuming they're both going 1-2 and the last 3 months has all been smoke.

If neither of them is available, I'm fine going with Ickey at 4. If you think he can lock down LT for the next 10 years, I'm on board. If that means Becton and Fant have to battle for RT, so be it. Neither one of them are sure things whatsoever.

At 10, I'm OK with WR or DE. I'm fine with Jermaine Johnson or Karlaftis. If they don't like the DE's, I'm cool with Wilson as well. If they draft KT or Hutch at 4, I'm on board with Cross or Neal at 10 as well.

Those are the three positions I'm favoring in the first. If they want to trade back into the first, I'm cool with that as well.

9. Johnny "Lam" Jones

Johnny "Lam" Jones Active Member

Hutch at 4 and then off to london at 10.:)

Lam

10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping Hutchinson drops to us!

Brook! likes this.
  11. Brook!

Icky is wearing a white suit and the left arm has green and white stripes. A Jet already. Lol

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I want to trade back and acquire more picks. I think #10 for Debo, plus the contract cost would be too much. One guy or even two won't fix this franchise. Parley our picks into four mid to late 1st rounders and just maybe we don't have another big 1st round bust like Becton and sooo many others.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Having a really hard time getting excited knowing that we are most likely going to take our third offense of tackle instead of a starting edge rusher. Pretty much all I have to look forward to is a receiver with the 10th pick. Whether it be London, Wilson or Williams or hopefully a trade for Deebo.

basically Ickey/JJ is my absolute nightmare and I will probably have to take the night off from this website for everyone else’s sake.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Everyone want to trade back but unless someoone wants to trade up its not happening and who is there to trade up for? No franchise Q/B's and they are the only positions that teams mortgage the farm for.

15. Brook!

Mr Broadway. Whatever happens, please don't take time off from the board. We are a small crowd for God's sake. Don't make us smaller.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

First off, who are we kidding… Even if my nightmare scenario comes true I will be here to bitch about it. But if I somehow do restrain myself I will be right back tomorrow morning getting myself amped up for round two.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Every time I see a mock draft with the Jets taking a defensive back and a wide receiver with the first round picks, I die a little inside.

Snatch Catch, Noam and Ralebird like this.
  18. Brook!

Now now. Don't hate Icky much. We pick Icky and here are potential scenarios.

1) Becton comes back strong. This is great. We can showcase his training camp performance and trade him for a 1st rounder.
    2) Becton comes back to camp overweight and doesn't perform, at least we took care of tackle situation with Fant still on our roster.
    3) Fant leaves next year in FA and Becton is servicable, we still have 2 good tackles on the roaster.

I wouldn't despair much :)

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If all goes to plan this is the last time JD will be drafting in the top 10 for at least a decade. JD really needs to draft cornerstone players. Guys who will be great for 8-10 years. Usually the top of the draft is where teams look for QB, LT, and Edge. Guys that just aren't around much after the 1st round. If your team is blessed with those guys already under contract, you can go WR/DB.

So if we're set at QB, look for Edge and LT. Or LT and Edge. If you think Fant/Becton is the answer at T, then Edge and WR/DB.

So much depends on how JD rates the top Edge and LT guys, and how he sees Fant as our T of the future. The fact that Fant has not been extended has me nervous:

1- LT
    1- Edge
    2- WR
    2- DB or LBer

Good Lord the picks can't get here soon enough!

Brook! likes this.
  20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

In Brady's Girley voice "Let's Go"

Super pumped about this draft I have a feeling it will have a huge impact for this franchise sooner then expected. 4 picks in the top 40 with quality talent in the first 3 rounds.

Brook! likes this.