2022 NFL Draft - Round 1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

There you go folks.

Welcome to the Official Round 1 Thread.

Give me Icky Ekwonu at #4, give me Jermaine Johnson at #10

I know this, whoever Joe picks, we will find a way to bitch and moan. This includes me as well.

Good luck Joe today. Deliver us the Hall of Famers today please. Godspeed!

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm hoping for Hutch or KT at 4 and then a Deebo trade at 10!

Ready to be disappointed! haha

Ralebird and Lon Chaney like this.
  3. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

IKE, SAUCE, OR JJ at #4 I won't complain at all

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This would be my nightmare first round, at least realistically. A true nightmare is Hamilton and/or Walker in any capacity. But Ickey/JJ is a super flat first round considering how many holes we have and the talent available to fill them at our disposal.

But if I'm reading the tea leaves, Ickey is going to be the pick at 4. I'd personally rather take JJ if Hutch and KT are gone or if we are stupidly going to pass on KT no matter what. I'd have 0 issue reaching for need at 4 overdrafting a redundant player. So I guess I want JJ/any of Wilson, London, Williams?

boozer32 likes this.
  5. Brook!

KT scares me man. I am one of those guys who barely watches college football. But with Becton's immaturity and heavy weight, I just want a good tackle to go with Fant if Becton isn't up to task this year.

If Becton comes back strong, that's fine, Fant will be a FA next year. Good problem to have.

I feel like no matter what Joe does tonight, some Jets fans will be unhappy. Wouldn't wanna be Joe today.

6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to stay open and take a wait & see approach rather than be outraged at how the draft goes down. I'll get behind their choices regardless. Rightly or not, I still have some faith in this regime. Let's see how their plan plays out. Closest thing to outraged I'd be is if the pick is Travon Walker, but even then I'll try to keep an open mind. (fast forward to 930pm when I'm furious lol).

Pivotal day(s) for this regime though. Two top ten picks two picks at the top of the 2nd. This draft should be foundational for their future. Exciting times!

ColoradoContrails, Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Trading to gain value would be nice.

If we stay put give me Thibs and either Gardener ir Stingley.

I wouldn't mind Evan Neal at 10 if he falls.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What time does everyone roughly think the Jets will actually pick? The draft "starts" @ 8:00 p.m. but I'm thinking they're gonna talk a bunch of crap for at least a half hour.

I'm in the midst of switching TV service again (I often do free trials and then cancel at zero hr without getting screwed), so no DVR @ the moment, but . . . I'm dogsitting/housesitting for a close friend and I usually get there right around 8:30. She has every channel and streaming service you could possibly think of, but I don't want to miss it.

Does 8:30 sound about right or should I leave my house a little early? Thanks.

9. Brook!

You are safe for the Jets pick. We should pick around 8:35 or 8:40. But if you miss it, don’t yell at me

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's a very easy way to make 99% of the fanbase thrilled... 10th for Deebo. Personally, I wouldn't care what he did at 4 because 10th for Deebo is a grand slam.

11. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

Here's what I'm hoping:

#4: Tyler Allgeier
    #10: Kerby Joseph
    #35: Jelani Woods
    #38: Skip the pick because we're all so busy celebrating how awesome it is that we got Allgeier, Joseph & Woods in the first two rounds.

Seriously, I feel like JD is going to come home with a Ferrari and a Porsche and the fans will be whining that he didn't get the McLaren and the Maserati instead. First world problems.

LAJet and James Hasty like this.
  12. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Kayvon doesn't scare me at all. Most of the advanced metrics of his play are elite / top tier, and he's got a lot of good tape. His personality is actually plus to me, and I think he'd be unlocked further under Saleh. JJ scares the bejesus out of me because their are some pretty big red flags with his metrics.

ESPN's duo released their final mocks this morning:

McShay: 4 - Ickey, 10 - Wilson

Kiper: 4 - Sauce, 10 - London

I'd be very happy with McShay's, I'd be really nervous about Kiper's. But what do I know?

13. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Jets fans would riot if we don't land an Edge with one of the top 2 picks. That being said, if there's a value play at Edge in Rd 2, thinks could calm down.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I want a big guy at 4. I don't care which side of the ball, and will trust JDs judgement. Drafts with this many good linemen are rare so the time to get a good one is now, at 4. It all starts up front and this is our chance to build up front on both sides of the ball. I'd be thrilled if we could get Hamilton at 10, or another stud lineman. Using 10 on a WR would be a bad idea. Either get a high percentage stud or another talented big guy.

Either way I really hope we get 2 future top players tonight.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

The worst I saw was a mock yesterday with the Jets drafting Ickey at 4 (cool), then trading a 4th to SEA to move up to the 9th pick so they could take the 1st WR of the draft (it was London, Wilson, or Williams)...

...and then SEA selected Kayvon with the 10th.

I've never wanted to punch a draft pundit in the face so badly.

Lon Chaney and westiedog1 like this.
  16. jetophile

I figured that was about right.

17. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

1. Aidan Hutchinson
    2. Icky
    3. Kayvon Thibideoux
    4. Sauce

Go for premium positions first.

Sauce is going to be a hell of a player, but corner is no longer a premium position in the NFL thanks to officiating and how many weapons a team has. The Chiefs Bills game proved that it's becoming similar to fast break basketball.

If we leave night one with blue chip pass rusher and tackle or a WR--it would be a win.

I don't see how you go Sauce over KT though--seems completely opposite of what management has been preaching

18. jetophile

My rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, is starting already. "The Jets are on the clock. Watch them take a Running Back at 4." "Ha, they might surprise you and go FB." "Whoever the Jets draft, there will be pain. Pain is inevitable, but on a serious note I'm more optimistic about the Jets then I have been in a long time. They need to nail this draft. Trading the 10 pick for Deebo would make me giddy as long as they don't send multiple picks over for him, should be interesting. If the draft doesn't live up to my expectations next week marks the return of Rangers PO hockey. The Jets, when in doubt drop the puck."

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was Daniel Jeremiah. I'm going whaaaaa.........? Usually, I like Jeremiah but this was too idiotic for me. Too many good receivers in this draft to give away a pick just to move up one spot. BTW it was for London.

Noam and Snatch Catch like this.
  20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I really think the Deebo is a Jet by the end of the night.