Will Deebo Be a Jet (Poll)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Apr 25, 2022.

?

Will Deebo be a Jet in 2022?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2022.
  1. Yea

11 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. No

102 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Pauline could very well be exaggerating by saying "massive" for clicks. It isn't uncommon in this day and age to just give clickbait quotes when reporting something.

Massive is also going to mean very different things for different people. Hills trade offer was considered massive and we didn't even have to offer the #10. The #10 could be what is so massive since it wasn't in the Hill trade offer.

I stand pat - 10 and 69 AT MOST, but I'm all in on giving - 35, 38, + 69 and try to recoup picks from #10 in trade down. Maybe call Pitt and see if we can get #20 + their future 1.

ColoradoContrails, REVISion and FJF like this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Yes it is looking good. Tomorrow needs to be even better!!

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

4. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Some are suggesting that Douglas is acting out of character for pursuing the trade for a star wide receiver, first Hill and now for Deebo, allegedly. He's been a GM what, three years now, he's not really been in the job that long to develop a MO for how he operates. And one could argue that it has been his way of doing things, he's been active on the trade market from the beginning, obviously not this category of players (maybe Adams excluded), but maybe this is just the next step in his vision for the Jets and he's just keeping course. We don't really know..

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Provided Zach Wilson proves to be a top 10 quarterback, you are right. If he is a middle of the league guy like Kirk Cousins, the 2021 draft is just ok. If he is not even that good, then it was a bad draft regardless of all the other players taken.

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I agree that it will mostly depend on Zach, but disagree that you just totally disregard the draft if Moore, AVT, Carter, etc become studs or really good players for their draft position

Borat, ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  7. PJ4Ever

REVISion likes this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Man if they throw Elijah Moore into this deal, how does this vastly improve the roster? I feel adding Samuel without Moore would be an incremental improvement.

9. PJ4Ever

They won’t do that and if they do, JD should be fired on the spot

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is no way JD is fired after this season. it's such an insane narrative.
    also nothing has really been out of character. he was clear that he wanted to add playmakers and is willing to spend assets to do it

FJF and Noam like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just for starters, Josh Allen was still borderline terrible when the bills decided to go full force spending and treating to help him develop.

But I want to divert and ask a question I don’t think you’ve answered no matter how many times I ask it. If your theory is to never pay guys big money because you can find replacements for a fraction of the cost in the draft, then do you support letting every single player walk even if they are a star that commands top-tier money? If your answer is yes then you just aren’t living in reality. If your answer is no then what is the threshold? And how is paying a star receiver who is 26 years old any different than drafting a receiver, him turning into a stud and then paying him when he turns 25 or 26 years old? We have a rookie quarterback on a small deal, this is when you spend.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Look at this fool

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Probably part of it but I don't think Gase had as much influence as Saleh/LaFleur did. Gase was on his way out and it was clear to everyone he was a bad coach. Saleh/LaFleur were coming from a very respected organization with a very respected coach and GM.

I only say that to mean I don't excuse JD's 2020 draft class because of Gase. I also think JD basically didn't consider character whatsoever in the 2020 draft which was an absolutely insane mindset to have. To have your first and second round picks have attitude/personality issues which are leading towards them being off the team by year 3-4 is just an enormous misjudgment of character.

14. WilsonJetsFan

WilsonJetsFan Well-Known Member

If a guy's going to make crap up, he might at least check to see whether we really have pick #99 to offer.

15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

We don't even have the 99th lol. That rumor has already been debunked, it's bologna.

Borat and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  16. REVISion

Lol really? Tim Tebow?

Woody forced us to sign an expensive marketing ploy disguised as a QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. REVISion

I support paying players who are good character guys and who are homegrown (i.e. drafted by the Jets). It sets a good precedent for the other players that if they work their tails off and are good teammates they'll be rewarded.

I don't support paying players who force themselves off of other teams before their contracts are up so they can chase money, unless I'm viewing them as a 1-2 year rental because I'm already close to winning a Super Bowl and they might push me over the top.

If you draft offensive talent then it's possible to salvage the team even if the young QB doesn't work out, because you still have most of the other pieces in place on cheap contracts. If you sign expensive talent and the young QB doesn't work out that's when you get into the forced 2-3 years of suck thing that we've been going through over and over the last decade.

18. REVISion

Literally fire Douglas on the spot if this is true.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't think we're really in on him at this point.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So then it's purely a principle thing? That just seems stubborn.

If you give your second year QB two good tight ends, one potentially great receiver, one already great receiver, an above average RB and a slot option he has chemistry with and he stinks, then you know to move on. And then what's the difference if it was a one or two year rental? You're starting over no matter what and you WANT him to force his way out. I'd much rather do that than pretend we can find someone as good as Deebo in this draft.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.