What are your DREAM Draft Day Scenarios for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Apr 3, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I’m not a fan of trading 10 for Deebo but an Iky, Deebo, Linderbaum, Karlaftis draft doesn’t sound bad.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Latest Dream:
    Iky at 4

Trade Becton and Mims (like Mims but don’t think he has the measurables for this O)

for

DJ Moore

Carolina gets their OLine help and get a familiar WR in great shape.

Trade down from 10

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Sure looking like we’re taking a guy at a position we don’t need or a red flag prospect at a position we do need.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

To be honest though, I'll pick Vegas over Garafolo every time lol

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-...uglas-prepares-for-potentially-historic-draft
    It's a Cimini article so I'll just try to quote the big parts.

"Dilemma at No. 4: Saleh joked recently that he and Douglas are going to have a "bare-knuckle boxing match" to determine if the first pick is an offensive or defensive lineman. There's an old saying that the truth is told in jokes. This isn't to suggest a brawl is looming. Actually, it could be offensive lineman versus defensive back.

Tackle Ikem Ekwonu (North Carolina State) and cornerback Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner are thought to be the top candidates, assuming edge rushers Aidan Hutchinson and Travon Walker (Georgia) are off the board.

Douglas is smitten with Ekwonu, according to sources, but they have bigger needs on the defensive line and in the secondary. In recent days, Gardner has gained momentum. Gardner might be the best of the bunch in terms of pure talent -- some talent evaluators rate him the No. 2 prospect in the draft -- and the Jets believe he can be a true lockdown corner. He could be the guy whether Ekwonu is available or not.

In Saleh's attacking scheme, a top edge rusher is more important than a top corner. Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon) and Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State) are popular choices among fans. The Jets like both pass-rushers, especially Johnson, but No. 4 is too high for him. He’d be a strong consideration at No. 10.

Thibodeaux has the higher ceiling, Johnson the higher floor. One key difference is that Johnson has a better motor than Thibodeaux, according to scouting sources -- and motor is important in Saleh's world."

6. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

2 chicks at the same time

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Connor Rogers lays out a pretty good path in this short audio clip here where both KT and JJ slide to 9. Meaning the Jets could take Ekwonu at 4 and still end up with a great EDGE prospect at 10.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that would be ideal

9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

ESPN+ article so I'll grab the highlights.

[​IMG] What are the Jaguars thinking at No. 1?
    ESPN NFL draft analyst Todd McShay shook up some folks earlier this week when he wrote that Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker sounded like he would be Jacksonville's pick, and it definitely sounds like Walker is a strong possibility. The other contenders are Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson or one of the top tackles, Evan Neal (Alabama) or Ikem Ekwonu (NC State).

Everybody I've talked to believes the Lions, picking at No. 2, would sprint to the proverbial podium to take Hutchinson if the Jaguars don't. If Jacksonville does pick Hutchinson, it's unclear whether the Lions would prefer Walker or Oregon's Kayvon Thibodeaux, though it really sounds as if edge rusher is their focus with that pick.

No one seems to have a handle on what Houston will do at No. 3, in part because the Texans have so many obvious needs. If that pick isn't a wide receiver, though, I would watch for Houston to target a pass-catcher with its second pick (No. 13). That's assuming it doesn't trade out. -- Graziano

[​IMG] Why Stingley is back in the top-10 conversation

Scouts and execs I talked to believe the Giants (No. 7) and Seahawks (No. 9) are among teams to watch for LSU cornerback Derek Stingley Jr., who seems to have worked his way back into the top-10 conversation. There's even some buzz about the Texans at No. 3, though Houston general manager Nick Caserio has kept his team's plans very tight, as you wrote, Dan.

[​IMG] A pass-rusher on the rise

Florida State defensive end Jermaine Johnson II is seeming more like a top-10 lock now. When I talk to people with teams picking high in the draft, they often mention him, and the pass-rush conversation always includes him. One NFL coordinator calls him the most polished pass-rusher of the entire class. Another coordinator says there are similarities to Danielle Hunter, who has starred for the Vikings.

Watch for the Jets, who pick at Nos. 4 and 10. I'm told they are high on Johnson. I recently caught up with Seminoles coach Mike Norvell, who said his former ACC defensive player of the year was a great example for young FSU players and worked hard in class to obtain the 36 hours needed to graduate. "He has a chance to grow into a complete player in the league," Norvell said. "Great versatility." -- Fowler

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Would love this 1000%. i wouldn't wait at 35/38 to get our Wr though. Would prob try and move up to grab one. Cannot have another Mims situation and not add any weapons on the outside.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

End the thread we have a winner!

12. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I have such low expectations, I'll be happy so long as there is no "blockbuster deal" (e.g. Cynthia Freuland's mega package for Deebo) or drafting of safety or IDL in the top 10 of the first round. I think I may be in the minority in wanting continued OL investement in the 1st 2 rounds and a round 2 RB if there is value there (a clear top RB without trading up in 2nd round).

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

As bad as I want another WR for Zach and this offense, I think getting Ekwonu and KT/JJ would be a slam dunk in the first round.

There's gonna be a ton of WR's go in the 10-25 range so depending on how the board shakes out, we could still wind up with a great WR prospect on top of Ekwonu and an EDGE.

ColoradoContrails and PJ4Ever like this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Renner just released his final mock.

Has Jets going Ekwonu at 4 and JJ at 10.

4. NEW YORK JETS: T IKEM EKWONU, N.C. STATE
    The pick of the tackle litter falls into the Jets' lap here. The top three tackles are nearly indistinguishable on most boards you’ll see, making this decision a glorified toss-up on who New York will have as their OT1.

10. NEW YORK JETS (FROM SEA): EDGE JERMAINE JOHNSON II, FLORIDA STATE
    The reports are coming hot and heavy. Johnson is one of the most polished rushers in the draft class and earned a 90.7 pass-rushing grade in his “week” of practices at the Senior Bowl.

Important to note: Williams, Wilson, Olave, London, and Pickens were the WRs to go in the 1st in this mock. Would leave guys like Burks, Dotson, & Watson available at the top of the 2nd.

Ekwonu, JJ, and Burks would be a fantastic start to the draft IMO.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Wonder if this means Walker or Hutch 1 are a lock now. I thought there was an outside shot that they took Icky or Neal at 1. Ickys odds to be first overall dropped from +2500 to +450 over a 4 week span. +1600 to +450 in the last 48-72 hours.

KingRoach and KY Jets Fan like this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would think so but with how the lead-up to this draft has been, I'm ruling nothing out.

17. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I'll take SAUCE at the cb spot no complaints...hes worthy and I think we are giving those cbs we have maybe too much credit, they got burned a lot last year. Sauce would relieve that. Sauce, ike, jj, wilson...no complaints

18. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I've been saying for a long time, that based on team needs there's a good chance that the 4th Edge is still on the board at #10, assuming only 2 go in the top 3. The only two teams likely in the draft an edge market after us at #4 are the Giants and possibly the Seahawks. The top 3 OTs should all be gone by #6 unless Carolina goes QB.

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

My dream right now ould be to trade back from 4. If the rumors are true about JJ likely he or Thibs will be there at 10. I would love to trade back and add assets. Finding a team wanting to trade up could be difficult. Maybe Atlanta, SEA, Philly or NO.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I feel like I should just expect things like this considering how long I’ve been a Jets fan but I don’t think I’ve ever gone from extremely optimistic to dreading the draft. Up until about a week ago I swore we were going to end up with the best pass rusher and my top pick for receiver and now it feels like we are going to end up with yet another offensive tackle and a walking red flag edge rusher. And then we try to find a receiver in the second round which up until last year we have failed that miserably maybe more so than any other franchise.

hoping against hope for a nice surprise but I’ve been doing this too long to expect anything better than the worst. Reminds me of how I felt two years ago when there were two stud receivers on the board yet I knew we were going to settle for the walking red flag.

Noam likes this.